2a. Tank Carradine DE

2b. Quinton Patton WR

3a. Ryan Swope WR

3b. Jordan Poyer CB

4. Leon McFadden CB

5. Luke Marquardt OT

7. Zac Stacy RB

7. Omoregie Uzzi OG

If we get the 4th round compensatory pick I'd take: 4b. Kevin Reddick ILB or Cornelius Washington OLB

Along with Hartline, Bess and Matthews I think a pair of Swope and Patton would make this offense lethal. We get a starting tight end, starting DE opposite Wake, receiver depth, cornerback depth with possibly 2 starters? and tackle help within the first five rounds. All the players are projected to go in or really near to those spots. What do you think? :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Updated Mock After Free Agency With Comp Picks*

1. Jonathan Cooper OG

2a. Alex Okafor DE

2b. Zach Ertz TE

3a. Khaseem Greene OLB

3b. DJ Hayden CB

4. Bacarri Rambo FS

5a. Marcus Lattimore RB

5b. Luke Marquardt OT

7a. Stansly Maponga DE

7b. Everett Dawkins DT

7c. Jeff Nady OT

Last edited by a moderator:
That would do a lot to improve the offense. Patton is one of my favorite players from this draft. He knows how to get open, has good hands, and would seem like a great fit (reminds me a little of Jennings). Swope could eventually replace Bess. Lots of mocks here have Eifert to Miami and that makes sense. Carradine could turn out to be one of the best DE's from this draft.

I tried to go BPA in the rounds while staying near our needs.

Yeah, tbh Carradine would be a steal in the 2nd imo. He's projected to go around our pick. Patton and Swope are both great pass catching/over the middle type guys, perfect for the WCO. Eifert is the top Tight end in the draft. Poyer and McFadden both get a chance to start opposite Marshall or whoever we bring in during free agency; Cox, Lewis, Houston??

Marquardt and Uzzi are both good ZBS guys. Quick and agile off the line.

Zac Stacy may or may not be there in the 7th. He's the only guy that i'm not for sure about in that spot. His value goes all the way up to the 5th and down to undrafted. There are plenty of guys there if he is gone like Lattimore, Mike James, Winn, Ware, Ford, Harris etc

I hope we would trade down to get otherwise no way Eifert at 12, would rather have Tavon Austin. Rest looks good though.

I hope we would trade down to get otherwise no way Eifert at 12. Rest looks good though.

Why do people have a problem with Eifert at 12? Is it the old mentality of no TEs that high? That's a very dated view. TEs are as important as any other offensive playmaker, yet they're not worthy of a mid round first? Eifert is far better than the next best TE. You probably can't say that about any other player that will likely be available at that pick. I know I'd take Eifert over any WR "worthy" of that spot.

Why do people have a problem with Eifert at 12? Is it the old mentality of no TEs that high? That's a very dated view. TEs are as important as any other offensive playmaker, yet they're not worthy of a mid round first? Eifert is far better than the next best TE. You probably can't say that about any other player that will likely be available at that pick. I know I'd take Eifert over any WR "worthy" of that spot.

I chose him because imo he's the BPA at that pick. He has all the tools to become great.

He's a way more polished Tight End than a Jimmy Graham or Alex Hernandez was coming out, so hopefully that translates onto the field.

I don't know what is with the old TE in the first round is too high. Are people not watching the games and see TE's tearing up the league?

I don't know what is with the old TE in the first round is too high. Are people not watching the games and see TE's tearing up the league?
Add in the fact that rookie contracts cost little now compared to before and their value increases even more. You no longer have to justify spending top pick money on a TE (even though you shouldn't have to in the modern NFL with the role they now play).

Love the draft but i feel with Swope running a 4.34 that this catapulted him into the 2nd rd.

Yeah, but the WR class is so deep this year that he could possibly fall past that pick. There are about 12 or 13 receivers that will be taken ahead of him, with only about 2 or 3? being taken in the first round. That leaves 10 or so receivers between the 2nd and 3rd round. They could be taken all in the 2nd round, but I doubt it.

Id be ecstatic if it went down like this. Only thing I would change would be the swope pick.

Yeah, but the WR class is so deep this year that he could possibly fall past that pick. There are about 12 or 13 receivers that will be taken ahead of him, with only about 2 or 3? being taken in the first round. That leaves 10 or so receivers between the 2nd and 3rd round. They could be taken all in the 2nd round, but I doubt it.

It is a deep class but I do not see Swope getting out of the second round. If we dont take him in the second I suspect the Patriots will IMO.

Great mock! Like others I think Swope might be gone before your mocking him, and I'm sure Poyer will be off the board. He will go in the 2nd or early 3rd. Good stuff though Mateo. I really like the Reddick call with the potential compensatory pick. We need to start adding some young depth at LB to develop into future starters for 2014/15 when Burnett and Dansby's contracts are up.

Id be ecstatic if it went down like this. Only thing I would change would be the swope pick.

Who would you take instead of Swope?

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

It is a deep class but I do not see Swope getting out of the second round. If we dont take him in the second I suspect the Patriots will IMO.

Yeah, if anybody does take him before the 3rd I'd bet it'll be the Pats :lol:

But he might be there.

Back
Top Bottom