First Order of Business | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Order of Business

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know everyone likes to jump to the draft and free agency, but it’s impossible to predict those two things till we know who resigns and is cut. It would be cool, for I told you so reasons, to predict this in order.

Guys I think will be cut:
  • J. Thomas, TE
  • Ju’Wuan James, RT
  • Lawerence Timmons, LB
Free Agents:
Restricted Free Agents

What do you think?

Thomas and Timmons definitely gone. James, will stay I believe.
I'm not so sure Fede does enough to warrant a carryover, Landry I'm still not sure on what the FO is thinking there.
Moore will go if we go about in the 1st or 2nd.
And Koa Miss, pack yoyo stuff.

Backup quarterback position absolutely has to be addressed. No way can you have Matt Moore on this roster when you go spend 10 million on an outside guy when it's his time to step in. Very telling there he's got to go.

I like this. Good job. Backup an position will be more important than ever this coming season due to the status of tannehills knee.

I may hang on to Sam Young if I'm rescinding James offer an cannot extend him. I would swap Young out with Fede, who is usually invisible. Time to invest in someone at DE with potential for growth. He wouldn't even get snaps if Hayes is back.

I agree with everything else but still waiting on Landry decision.

I don't know why people are in such a rush to get rid of James. He's average at worst and we have much bigger issues. I don't see the value in creating another need on the o-line.

I totally disagree. The line played better after he got injured. They got guys that can start at RT and do a better job for half the price.

I don't know why people are in such a rush to get rid of James. He's average at worst and we have much bigger issues. I don't see the value in creating another need on the o-line.

I wouldn't call it "a rush." Average OTs can be quite valuable, particularly if Davis mans the RG. The problem with James is $$$. He's not good enough for almost $10mm

I totally disagree. The line played better after he got injured. They got guys that can start at RT and do a better job for half the price.

What are you basing that on? Sam Young is a good back up, but he certainly can't replace him. Jesse Davis certainly hasn't proven himself to be more than a versatile backup in training. Seems like you set your expectations too high based on his draft position (which was a reach, I'll grant you that), because his play has been average to above average and certainly not worth creating ANOTHER hole on the o-line that will need to be addressed.

Sign him to a reasonable long term deal and focus on higher priorities.

James is turning out to be more injury prone than Pouncey. Not worth 9.4M this year.

Pouncey misses multiple games every season and simply cannot be relied upon. That's a bigger concern than somebody who has individual serious injuries that tends to be more chance. He played his entire first season, all games in season 2 until a serious toe injury, all games in season 3, and all games in season 4 until a serious hamstring injury. I could understand the concern if he reinjured the toe or if any of the injuries were nagging and caused random games to be missed. That causes line stability issues. That's not the case here.

Is he worth $9.4 million? Of course not, which is why he'll likely (hopefully) be signed long-term to a more reasonable deal. Well, assuming we have a competent FO, of course.

I wouldn't call it "a rush." Average OTs can be quite valuable, particularly if Davis mans the RG. The problem with James is $$$. He's not good enough for almost $10mm

I don't think a single person is arguing that he is. The options aren't limited to 1) pay him the full amount of his current contract or 2) cut him. Those just happen to be the two worst options.

I am not big on resigning Fasano, he might be a good guy and all that, but it is time to move on and draft two young TEs. Why have an older player taking up a spot when the likelihood of us going to the SB the SB is remote.

I am not big on resigning Fasano, he might be a good guy and all that, but it is time to move on and draft two young TEs. Why have an older player taking up a spot when the likelihood of us going to the SB the SB is remote.

It's not remote. A savvy FO and coaching staff gets us into contention next year. Unfortunately...

Pouncey misses multiple games every season and simply cannot be relied upon. That's a bigger concern than somebody who has individual serious injuries that tends to be more chance. He played his entire first season, all games in season 2 until a serious toe injury, all games in season 3, and all games in season 4 until a serious hamstring injury. I could understand the concern if he reinjured the toe or if any of the injuries were nagging and caused random games to be missed. That causes line stability issues. That's not the case here.

Is he worth $9.4 million? Of course not, which is why he'll likely (hopefully) be signed long-term to a more reasonable deal. Well, assuming we have a competent FO, of course.

"all games in season 2 until..." he missed the remaining 9 games. "all games in season 4 until"...he missed the remaining 8.

Pouncey has had knee issues as well as hip issues. It hasn't been just one injury. Pouncey also played all 16 games last year with that hip issue. He has missed 19 games in 7 years. James has missed 17 games in 4 years.

No matter how you want to quantify it, you can make a case that both are injury prone or high injury risks....and both could make around 10M this year.

Back
Top Bottom