First round Lb? Does it make sense for Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First round Lb? Does it make sense for Miami

Must it be a LB? No...
Should it be someone for the back 7 with some speed? Yes
I wish the top of the TE class was a little better this year

Rarely are TE's worth that high of a pick anyway. This draft has a lot of 2nd and 3rd round options which bodes well for us.

Don't be surprised to see an OL and TE go 1st and 2nd. After going defense with our first 3 picks last season I think a similar trend is coming on offense.

I was naive early on and thought Edmunds could get to us in the second. He wasn't really on the radar. I knew he would rise but not like this. Not before the combine. He's the only one I'd gamble on at 11 but this weak LB class + the phasing out of LBs overall + his meteoric rise gives me pause. Players get drafted earlier than they should when their position is thin in the draft, defenses are using more DBs so what might be a 2 down backer at 11 becomes questionable, and players that shoot up the boards like he has lose value. It's not a great combo but I'd still take him all day every day over Smith.

Phasing out linebackers.....Tell that to Jacksonville and the Steelers. Only our fans think that way because we have not had difference makers or pro-bowlers at the position in such a long time. Teams with difference makers do not think this way. Did we not watch Philly run the ball with a three headed monster backfield. Who's gonna stop the screen plays DB's?

Phasing out linebackers.....Tell that to Jacksonville and the Steelers. Only our fans think that way because we have not had difference makers or pro-bowlers at the position in such a long time. Teams with difference makers do not think this way. Did we not watch Philly run the ball with a three headed monster backfield. Who's gonna stop the screen plays DB's?

It's been charted on here. LBers are being phased out for DBs to the point where the base is nickel ... for the smart teams at least. It's just a fact. Whether or not the dolphins want to stay current is up to them.

I do like the player so I wouldn't be upset by it compared to what they've recently got in the 1st ... I'm just not sure the value is matching the pick.

LB better be our 1st pick. Kiko is only a starter in Miami. Only our dumb coaches think he can ball. Dude is awful and Philly scam us on that deal. Please cut him and get a LB.

Our defense was terrible with pressure on opposing QBs
which did no favors for our secondary.

After Wake's 10.5 sacks we had Branch and Suh with 4.5
and that's just not acceptable when opposing QBs had all day
to find open receivers.

Branch will probably be gone after next season
and who knows when Wake will be done but the time
he may become a situational pass rusher is getting closer

Hopefully the light goes on for Harris but I still think
a great DE if available at 11 is the right choice
and the one I want probably wont make it to 11

The problem is we have so many needs

I'd feel better with simply bpa.

We need better speed at LB. Anthony is a good start. Raekwon is ?

Chase Allen isn't limited physically.

I dunno, ask me again after the combine...

LB better be our 1st pick. Kiko is only a starter in Miami. Only our dumb coaches think he can ball. Dude is awful and Philly scam us on that deal. Please cut him and get a LB.
I agree we need LB help in a big way, if we could cut him we would have by now, but we are stuck with his awful play and high contract for at least another year.

I'd never bet against Tannehill, but i'm not betting on him either. If we get a shot to draft a replacement 6 or 7 years younger with fresh legs and less damage (sacks) we take it. Worst case we make like the patriots and trade one of the two for compensation a couple years from now.

Rarely are TE's worth that high of a pick anyway. This draft has a lot of 2nd and 3rd round options which bodes well for us.

Don't be surprised to see an OL and TE go 1st and 2nd. After going defense with our first 3 picks last season I think a similar trend is coming on offense.
You're in for a big let down then. No way they go guard at 11 when they didn't go guard at 22 last year. I can see a guard at 73 maybe but don't hold your breath

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom