First round Lb? Does it make sense for Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First round Lb? Does it make sense for Miami

They need to put one of our safeties on the trading block. Jones is on the hook for a 15M cap hit next year as of 3-16-18....but then again no one in their right mind is trading for that contract...Along with Branch, Kiko, Suh contracts. Jones will be 30 by the time the combine rolls around this year.

Like I said, it won't happen but we could insert McD in his role and then draft Derwin or Minkah.

You're in for a big let down then. No way they go guard at 11 when they didn't go guard at 22 last year. I can see a guard at 73 maybe but don't hold your breath

Ozzy rules!!

Last year DE was a much bigger need and the prospects available didn't fit. Only Forrest Lamp was a real option at Guard that high and he went like 38th or something.

I don't really think it's an issue for me because Queton Nelson will not be available immediately following whatever pick Miami ends up selecting at.

In a perfect world we get him at 15 and pick up a third rounder from Arizona should they fancy a QB.

He's gotta go somewhere and if he's a top 10 talent and the team picking 11th has needed Guard's for over a decade, I am not sure a let down is what I'll be feeling.

After watching the SB it made me realize how far away our roster and coaching really are from contending. Just draft the best available players no matter what. Even w Ryan back next year we’ll be lucky to go 7-9 or 8-8. We kinda suck up and down. So depressed.

Only a transformational player like a DeShaun Watson or Lawrence Taylor can save us. So much wrong w this team. We are definition of mediocre at just about every spot from waterboy to owner.

Bpa wise id agree but I think they are gonna see him as a 34 olb.

My moneys on Edmunds or Derwin James being the card
Where would you play Edmunds, Kiko and RM if he's the pick?

Ozzy rules!!

Last year DE was a much bigger need and the prospects available didn't fit. Only Forrest Lamp was a real option at Guard that high and he went like 38th or something.

I don't really think it's an issue for me because Queton Nelson will not be available immediately following whatever pick Miami ends up selecting at.

In a perfect world we get him at 15 and pick up a third rounder from Arizona should they fancy a QB.

He's gotta go somewhere and if he's a top 10 talent and the team picking 11th has needed Guard's for over a decade, I am not sure a let down is what I'll be feeling.
What I meant by let down is that I don't believe they'd take a guard at 11. Not this FO/HC......I believe he's a good player, I just don't see our team doing it

Ozzy rules!!

After watching the SB it made me realize how far away our roster and coaching really are from contending. Just draft the best available players no matter what. Even w Ryan back next year we’ll be lucky to go 7-9 or 8-8. We kinda suck up and down. So depressed.

Only a transformational player like a DeShaun Watson or Lawrence Taylor can save us. So much wrong w this team. We are definition of mediocre at just about every spot from waterboy to owner.

“Only a transformational player like a DeShaun Watson or Lawrence Taylor..”

What?!?!?!?!?

Our defense was terrible with pressure on opposing QBs
which did no favors for our secondary.

After Wake's 10.5 sacks we had Branch and Suh with 4.5
and that's just not acceptable when opposing QBs had all day
to find open receivers.

Branch will probably be gone after next season
and who knows when Wake will be done but the time
he may become a situational pass rusher is getting closer

Hopefully the light goes on for Harris but I still think
a great DE if available at 11 is the right choice
and the one I want probably wont make it to 11

The problem is we have so many needs
....and this is the problem that Gase is facing right now, the amount of needs on the team. I have maintained that this team is a work in progress, no quick fixes here.

Remember this is Watson's 2nd ACL tear in 3 years. Houston should also be looking for a QB to back up Watson.

Why doesn't Roquan Smith help us? Seems an easy plug-and-play option. Play him at Will, move Kiko back to Mike and play McMillan at Sam limiting his exposure as he continues to recover from his knee surgery. Next year you cut Kiko, move McMillan to Mike (provided he proves he played well) and you either draft another linebacker or put Chase Allen at Sam. You have two fast, young linebackers in Smith and McMillan for years to come...and Chase Allen if you want to include him.
Exactly

Lets be clear, we all know we need improvement at the LB positions. Timmonds likely cut for cap, kiko has been underwhelming to average and we didn’t get to see how McMillan would fair due to injury.

With that said Kiko is likely to be here because of contract and while he had a stint at mlb that looks to be McMillans spot thus keeping Kiko at WIL. So theoretically we need a SAM. But the problem I see, and why I’m inquiring in this post is, what prospect actually projects to SAM in a 4-3 and would that be worth it for the number 11 pick?

R. Smith seems to be a MLB or WIL and that doesn’t help us

R. Evans seems to be a MLB or WIL...

T. Edmunds I don’t know, what are your thoughts, I just know he’s a size and speed freak.

Those are the only LBs I’ve seen discussed in the top of the draft, who am I missing, what are your thoughts?

Who would fit the strong side backer later in the draft, 2/3 Rds or even later?
What couldn't Miami do all season? They couldn't cover anybody's tight end. Some tights who were average at best had their season best game against us. Roquan Smith can cover, better than Alonso. Hes the best coverage linebacker to come out in a while. As much as we need a better offensive line, I take Smith if he's available and juggle the linebackers as needed. We also need an o-lineman and at least one really good tight end.

“Only a transformational player like a DeShaun Watson or Lawrence Taylor..”

What?!?!?!?!?
Well, what I saw of Watson opened my eyes. Dynamic and their O scored over 30 a game. Without him they were lame. LT changed the Giants and reinvented the LB position. We need to stumble onto a player like that.

Back
Top Bottom