Fisher flys back to SD, will make final decision around family

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phinatic1399, Jan 8, 2012.

1. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

SoftliSTL Tony Softli

Coach Fisher's Decision on Rams and Dolphins will come while around family.

SoftliSTL As I mentioned earlier Coach Fisher took a SW flight west, one stop in KC and final distination was San Deigo,CA

So I guess it's technically not over yet, Peter King said Ross will contact Fishers agent early Monday morning and make a huge financial offer, so we will see what happens.

2. PortFin

PortFin Well-Known Member

Television special for Fisher's "Decision"?

3. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

I hope we don't get him and Ross is an idiot for throwing a boatload of cash at him.

4. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

Unless he offers him an insane amount of money, he will be the Rams coach.
    He spent close to a week with the Rams, and only three hours with Ross, Peeterson, and Ireland.
    Not much time to make an impression.
    He has met with the Rams QB, and staff.
    Ross is a desparate fool.

5. elite14eva

elite14eva Yashu Mane!!! Donator

ross shouldn't have to buy fisher...if he wants to come here from the heart cool but if his heart ain't in it let him go elsewhere.

6. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

Ireland blows

7. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

Is it just me or would it be nice to hear St.Louis and Miami both announce the selection of a different HC and leave Fisher hanging.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but I hate this drama garbage that's being created.

8. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

I don't understand the flack you and others want to give ross over this. he saw his man, he took a shot and if he gets him good if he doesn't it won't be for a lack of trying and determination.

9. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

10. DefensiveEnd76

If Fisher only comes to Miami because his wallet will be fatter then we sure as hell don't need him. Ross is such a fricken asshat.

11. Jersey DolFan

Jersey DolFan Banned Hammered

its so true. make a guy an offer, dont friggen try to use your wallet all the time.

no reason why jeff friggen fisher should be getting any "MONSTER" contract.

12. Aqua and Orange

Aqua and Orange Poster With A Porpoise Finheaven VIP Donator

Surrounded by his money, I mean family.

Fisher would give our team legitimacy, but Philbin, Zimmer, or Chud might be better fits overall. I am completely apathetic to this decision.

13. Wildbill3

and if we lose fisher because ross wasn't willing to pay for him would you call ross a cheap asshat? what about the coaching hunt has made ross an asshat?

14. Wildbill3

I call bull****. if you want someone you go out there and you get them. if it takes money to swing the choice, why wouldn't you?

15. Jersey DolFan

we could have a better coach with more upside who truely wants the job for less money, than this guy who will steal the money and be gone in 3-4 years, hated by teh fans in 2.

16. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

thinkin this was part of the fact finding mission. move to LA that is.....if his family resides in SD....

17. DefensiveEnd76

Fisher doesn't deserve to have a boatload of money. Ross is simply trying to swoon him like George Steinbrenner and it's dumb. Offer a deal and leave it at that. Fisher doesn't deserve to be the highest paid or even one of the top paid coaches in the NFL. His win/loss record is really average. It's not like he's the second coming of Lombardi for crying out loud!!!!!

18. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

He took his shot, but like some of the others around here I am turned off by the mentality of buying someone.
    Sure, everyone wants to be paid well for what they do, but I don't think that money is everything in life.
    Honesty, sincerity and quality of life as well as a unwavering commitment to winning is a huge factor.
    Fisher is already a millionaire, and he will be paid millions wherever he goes.
    It is not always about the money.
    Frankly, when Fisher sat down with those guys, I think he was really turned off by the whole meeting.
    He couldn't wait to get out of Miami.
    I am sure that Ross is doing everything possible (short of firing Ireland) in the only way he knows how(money).
    I would love to have Fisher as the coach.
    Ross will up the offer Monday, and Fisher will sign with the Rams.
    We come up short again.

What really...really bugs me is that we are not interviewing Billick.
    The rumor that Ross has an axe to grind with him is just childish behavior by the billionaire. Ireland doesn't want him because he may lose his job or surrender to a diminished role.
    I am not happy with our ownership right now. They are not doing what is in the best interest of the Miami Dolphins IMHO.

19. DefensiveEnd76

Agree 100%!!!

20. Jersey DolFan

thats b.s. we are talking in millions of dollars here. its one thing if he initially accepted an offer and that was that - but if your leaning one way heavily and it takes literally tons of extra cash to FORCE YOUR HAND. your hearts not in it and the fit is not mutual and it doesnt benefit the team.

and ross has been a COMPLETE "*** HAT" during this process - b/c while ireland went around turning up rocks actually interviewing guys around league circles who may fit in this job int his organization and work with this roster the right way - who wanted to BE IN MIAMI and saw some good way they could UTILIZE our core (which i wanted from the start although now it seems we may get a guy who saw money and money alone and will have to figure out how to finagle his philosophy here)

Ross just met with fisher for like 2 hours and ignored everyone else even as he sat there interviewing them - he was obviously going thru the motions for a guy based solely on his name - which is actually a mediocre name, just the biggest currently available.

ignored the fact the guy showed no interest in meeting any of our players/coaches etc. and instead is going to chuck wads of money at him.

its like trying to pay a girl one of your freinds is engaged to, to be a gold digger and live in your big house instead.

its like Sam Rothstein. Ross is showing the league he is a doof with a big wallet and no football sense who will do anything for publicity and "names" from the orange carpet to this pathetic display of begging.

21. DefensiveEnd76

We need a coach who wants to be a Miami Dolphin. Not a guy who has to be bought to come to Miami.

22. DefensiveEnd76

Ross doesn't get it. Our next coach has to want to come to Miami and not just for the $$. I don't want a coach that had to be bought.

23. Imperium

Imperium FinHeaven VIP

Ross can build him a solid gold toilet stocked with rolls of $100 dollar bills for all I care if Fisher makes us a winner again.

24. canesfins13

canesfins13 FinHeaven VIP

You guys crack me up. We don't need a coach who "wants to be a Dolphin". This isn't college football. We need a coach who will win, whether he "wants to be a Dolphin" or whether he comes for a "boat load of money". If he wins does it really matter. And who cares how much money is offered, it isn't your money, and it doesn't count gainst the salary cap, so what does it matter to you how much our coach makes. Our owner identified someone he wants, someone with an NFL track record. I am happy for that. You guys are so petty, no one can ever do right in your eyes. If Ross wants Fisher, through whatever money he wants to get him. Fisher wins, you are happy. So stop your ******ing

25. marino13882

marino13882 Well-Known Member

Are they going to put a Rams and a Dolphins hat on the table? Have Fisher pick one and commit to that team?

Sent from Hayden Panettiere's #1 fan

26. Wildbill3

I bought a hat at dolphins stadium! I'm angry that ross woul spend it on cheap toilet paper!

27. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

This.

And who's to say he doesn't want to be a Dolphin? Because league sources say so? **** that. Fisher came away impessed by both, all signs point to the Rams because many believe it's the best fit. I'd be fine with Ross throwing money his way. If that's his guy you go and get him. Period.

28. hoops

hoops exited stage left

fish is goin to the rams...more freedom front office wise there and allowed to work with a potential franchise qb...and a hell of lot more time to build a winner than he would have here...

we'll end up with some bs former failed hc i can smell it already...more of the same coming for us

29. canesfins13

canesfins13 FinHeaven VIP

Don't be naive. Be happy you have an aggressive owner who goes after what he wants. Be happy you have a team who continues their search regardless of what they #1 choice decides to do. I am very happy how this process has been conducted, and I can care less how much money Ross spends on a coach.

30. Wildbill3

reading my prior posts in this thread would be advised. or turn on your freaking sarcasim detector.

31. KB21

KB21 A True Fan

Where do you get this stuff? He spent an hour or two in Denver with the Rams owner and then spent part of today at the Rams facility. I'm sure he was meeting with the Rams on Saturday while he was duck hunting.

Keep making stuff up. It is becoming quite funny.

32. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Leaving St Louis without a commitment to them could be a huge break. He is indeed torn and Ross needs to make his offer too good to turn down if he really wants him. Not just in terms of money but in personnel decisions as well. Fisher doesn't want full control he just wants assurances this won't be a repeat of his time with the Titans. Obviously the scale has tipped in the Rams favor but just like the 49ers fans giving up on Harbaugh when reports had him close to agreeing with Miami, this isn't over.

33. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan Perennial All-Pro

I would be very surprised if he ends up in Miami

34. fastball83

fastball83 Seasoned Veteran

Ok with you, he leave the rams without signing............perhaps a good sign for us

35. DefensiveEnd76

Well if Dolphin fans want Fisher then Ireland should be fired.

36. Myles Fynch

Myles Fynch durka durka

I'll give Fisher one thing, he has better PR people than we do... "making final decision around family." So Normal Rockwell. I can almost see a fireplace with a kid on his lap while he strokes their hair. Meanwhile, we're thumping our chest about not being out-bid.

Not knocking Ross for what he's done to this point, but I really wish they'd find the person who keeps feeding to stuff to the media and shoot them. Other organizations lock this stuff down and handle their business. As secretive as we are with most things, we're too damn giddy about our intentions.

37. Fintastical1025

Fintastical1025 Well-Known Member

I don't understand the problems people have with Fisher trying to get money. Who out there wouldn't try to milk a team for everything. It doesn't mean money is the only thing, but this will most likely be his last gig in the NFL. All players and coaches try to get the most money when they know it will be their last contract.

38. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

imo Billick is or never was a coach ,hell Billick makes sparano look like Lombardi when billick went to the ravens all he did was stand on the sideline and scream he never was a coach and never will be i remember him well and other teams know this to hell im not at all for bringing in rob ryan ,but i would rather have him or even sparano bk before we bring billick even close to miami , he just isnt meant to be a coach . plain and simple.

39. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

i agree 100% leaving without a contract ? imo theres something up there because if i was Fisher i would have stayed in ST,Louis (if i was going to sign with them ) to have my press confrence with the owner of the Rams there to introduce me to my new team ,imo i smell something fishey in Fisher. lol

40. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

imo i just dont buy that , i mean his family or wife could have gone with him ,and even if not there are such things as telephones and or we all know that he has done talked this over with the wife ,as i said before im not buying it ,imo i think theres more to this lil hoopla than we know .