Fisher flys back to SD, will make final decision around family | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fisher flys back to SD, will make final decision around family

thinkin this was part of the fact finding mission. move to LA that is.....if his family resides in SD....

Fisher doesn't deserve to have a boatload of money. Ross is simply trying to swoon him like George Steinbrenner and it's dumb. Offer a deal and leave it at that. Fisher doesn't deserve to be the highest paid or even one of the top paid coaches in the NFL. His win/loss record is really average. It's not like he's the second coming of Lombardi for crying out loud!!!!!

I don't understand the flack you and others want to give ross over this. he saw his man, he took a shot and if he gets him good if he doesn't it won't be for a lack of trying and determination.

He took his shot, but like some of the others around here I am turned off by the mentality of buying someone.
Sure, everyone wants to be paid well for what they do, but I don't think that money is everything in life.
Honesty, sincerity and quality of life as well as a unwavering commitment to winning is a huge factor.
Fisher is already a millionaire, and he will be paid millions wherever he goes.
It is not always about the money.
Frankly, when Fisher sat down with those guys, I think he was really turned off by the whole meeting.
He couldn't wait to get out of Miami.
I am sure that Ross is doing everything possible (short of firing Ireland) in the only way he knows how(money).
I would love to have Fisher as the coach.
Ross will up the offer Monday, and Fisher will sign with the Rams.
We come up short again.

What really...really bugs me is that we are not interviewing Billick.
The rumor that Ross has an axe to grind with him is just childish behavior by the billionaire. Ireland doesn't want him because he may lose his job or surrender to a diminished role.
I am not happy with our ownership right now. They are not doing what is in the best interest of the Miami Dolphins IMHO.

I call bull****. if you want someone you go out there and you get them. if it takes money to swing the choice, why wouldn't you?

thats b.s. we are talking in millions of dollars here. its one thing if he initially accepted an offer and that was that - but if your leaning one way heavily and it takes literally tons of extra cash to FORCE YOUR HAND. your hearts not in it and the fit is not mutual and it doesnt benefit the team.

and ross has been a COMPLETE "*** HAT" during this process - b/c while ireland went around turning up rocks actually interviewing guys around league circles who may fit in this job int his organization and work with this roster the right way - who wanted to BE IN MIAMI and saw some good way they could UTILIZE our core (which i wanted from the start although now it seems we may get a guy who saw money and money alone and will have to figure out how to finagle his philosophy here)

Ross just met with fisher for like 2 hours and ignored everyone else even as he sat there interviewing them - he was obviously going thru the motions for a guy based solely on his name - which is actually a mediocre name, just the biggest currently available.

ignored the fact the guy showed no interest in meeting any of our players/coaches etc. and instead is going to chuck wads of money at him.

its like trying to pay a girl one of your freinds is engaged to, to be a gold digger and live in your big house instead.

its like Sam Rothstein. Ross is showing the league he is a doof with a big wallet and no football sense who will do anything for publicity and "names" from the orange carpet to this pathetic display of begging.

Ross doesn't get it. Our next coach has to want to come to Miami and not just for the $$. I don't want a coach that had to be bought.

Ross can build him a solid gold toilet stocked with rolls of $100 dollar bills for all I care if Fisher makes us a winner again.

You guys crack me up. We don't need a coach who "wants to be a Dolphin". This isn't college football. We need a coach who will win, whether he "wants to be a Dolphin" or whether he comes for a "boat load of money". If he wins does it really matter. And who cares how much money is offered, it isn't your money, and it doesn't count gainst the salary cap, so what does it matter to you how much our coach makes. Our owner identified someone he wants, someone with an NFL track record. I am happy for that. You guys are so petty, no one can ever do right in your eyes. If Ross wants Fisher, through whatever money he wants to get him. Fisher wins, you are happy. So stop your ******ing

Are they going to put a Rams and a Dolphins hat on the table? Have Fisher pick one and commit to that team?

Sent from Hayden Panettiere's #1 fan

You guys crack me up. We don't need a coach who "wants to be a Dolphin". This isn't college football. We need a coach who will win, whether he "wants to be a Dolphin" or whether he comes for a "boat load of money". If he wins does it really matter. And who cares how much money is offered, it isn't your money, and it doesn't count gainst the salary cap, so what does it matter to you how much our coach makes. Our owner identified someone he wants, someone with an NFL track record. I am happy for that. You guys are so petty, no one can ever do right in your eyes. If Ross wants Fisher, through whatever money he wants to get him. Fisher wins, you are happy. So stop your ******ing
I bought a hat at dolphins stadium! I'm angry that ross woul spend it on cheap toilet paper!

This.

And who's to say he doesn't want to be a Dolphin? Because league sources say so? **** that. Fisher came away impessed by both, all signs point to the Rams because many believe it's the best fit. I'd be fine with Ross throwing money his way. If that's his guy you go and get him. Period.

fish is goin to the rams...more freedom front office wise there and allowed to work with a potential franchise qb...and a hell of lot more time to build a winner than he would have here...

we'll end up with some bs former failed hc i can smell it already...more of the same coming for us

I bought a hat at dolphins stadium! I'm angry that ross woul spend it on cheap toilet paper!

Don't be naive. Be happy you have an aggressive owner who goes after what he wants. Be happy you have a team who continues their search regardless of what they #1 choice decides to do. I am very happy how this process has been conducted, and I can care less how much money Ross spends on a coach.

Don't be naive. Be happy you have an aggressive owner who goes after what he wants. Be happy you have a team who continues their search regardless of what they #1 choice decides to do. I am very happy how this process has been conducted, and I can care less how much money Ross spends on a coach.
reading my prior posts in this thread would be advised. or turn on your freaking sarcasim detector.

Back
Top Bottom