FIU-UM Fight | 8 Canes Suspended | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FIU-UM Fight | 8 Canes Suspended

LouPhinFan said:
I saw the brawl several times on the clip shows. Here's the bottom line of it all: FIU started it and UM finished it, with style. Even on a bench clearing brawl, there's no need to stomp on players laying on the ground, and there is not need to swing your helmet like a weapon...ever.

FIU started it. Any player from that team that stomped on another player, or body slammed another should have their scholarship revoked. Any other player who threw a punch should have the rest of their season yanked. No bowl game (like they were going to make one anyway).

The UM kid that swung his helmet like a mace: Revoke his scholarship and send him packing. THERE IS NO REASON FOR THAT ACTION. None of you can defend it, so don't even try. Any other UM players that were stomping on players on the ground, either revoke scholarships, or suspend the rest of the year. Kids that swung a punch? Suspended the rest of the year.

I put equal blame on both sides. Yeah, FIU started it and I think should bear the brunt of the consequences. Miami has the higher profile program and will bear most of the scrutiny.

You must also block each school from postseason play for more than 1 year. Beause then it makes it difficult for BOTH schools to recruit kids knowing they are on a 1 year post-season ban. Makes the schools less atractive.

MikeO said:
You must also block each school from postseason play for more than 1 year. Beause then it makes it difficult for BOTH schools to recruit kids knowing they are on a 1 year post-season ban. Makes the schools less atractive.

You would like that Mike, u have been the ringleader of the kick Miami while they are down bandwagon. Whether u like it or not, we will always have a big name, and this program has went through probation before and reigned supreme, it can happen again. Alot of high school football players liked what they saw last night how Miami handled their business . . . between that and the history, u will never be able to keep recruits from here . . . especially from the South Florida area.

Kdawg954 said:
You would like that Mike, u have been the ringleader of the kick Miami while they are down bandwagon. Whether u like it or not, we will always have a big name, and this program has went through probation before and reigned supreme, it can happen again. Alot of high school football players liked what they saw last night how Miami handled their business . . . between that and the history, u will never be able to keep recruits from here . . . especially from the South Florida area.
:up: Go Canes, don't bring that **** to my house, we'll send you packin'.:evil:

UF Fin Kat said:
who cares? miami has no class regardless. at least in the 80s when they had no class they were GOOD.
:sidelol: Whatever. When you win 5 National Championships in a 20 year span, you can talk ALL the **** you want.:rolleyes:

Majpain said:
What happend to Miami, they use to be good.
Dude, everybody goes through a 'down' time. The last one was in the late 90's. We'll be back, we ALWAYS come back.:evil:

Ricky Brown said:
Funny wonder if the U. of Miami players had the same "Holier than Thou" attitude as you have :confused:. LIke my previous post stated, I didn't see a problem with Miami, until everything finished, and they started "cheering". Lack of class. Period.

I never said this particular crop of players had class, I simply said that FIU was at fault for what happened.

MikeO said:
Nobody was going to get killed. Nobody had guns or knives.

Yeah, so Miami should just have stood by and let the FIU guys STOMP on the kicker and backup QB...I mean, they weren't going to DIE after all... :rolleyes2

Jaydog57 said:
:sidelol: Whatever. When you win 5 National Championships in a 20 year span, you can talk ALL the **** you want.:rolleyes:

:sidelol:

UF fans talking to us about being good...:sidelol:

Rick 1966 said:
Yeah, so Miami should just have stood by and let the FIU guys STOMP on the kicker and backup QB...I mean, they weren't going to DIE after all... :rolleyes2
people's hatred of the u clouds their judgment. they dont care about the protecting your own player crap. they are just attack attack attack.

btw good thing none of my friends are like some of you in here that would have done nothing.

A team is like a bunch of brothers (to me anyway) you spend a lot of time working with them, you spend a lot of time with them off the field, and you care about those guys

If someone attacked your brother would you stand there and watch?

Alex44 said:
A team is like a bunch of brothers (to me anyway) you spend a lot of time working with them, you spend a lot of time with them off the field, and you care about those guys

If someone attacked your brother would you stand there and watch?

apparantly some in here would have.

"I don't have many bad days. This is a bad day." -- Larry Coker
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom