Five Ways You Know You're an Old-School Miami Dolphins Fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five Ways You Know You're an Old-School Miami Dolphins Fan

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I got a kick out of this because this fits me to a tee except no.3 because I do not have any kids, but if I did I would force them to root for the Phins.:D

img_0082.jpg

1. You have a Murphy's Law mentality.
2. You still call it Joe Robbie Stadium.
3. You forced your kids to root for the Dolphins.
4. You know all the words to the worst fight song ever made.
5. You would prefer the Dolphins go back to their old logo.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/five-ways-you-know-youre-an-old-school-miami-dolphins-fan-9605353

I got a kick out of this because this fits me to a tee except no.3 because I do not have any kids, but if I did I would force them to root for the Phins.:D

img_0082.jpg

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/five-ways-you-know-youre-an-old-school-miami-dolphins-fan-9605353

Ditto.

Dad was an old Baltimore Colts fan that grew up rooting for Johnny U. Loved him some Shula. He moved to Florida around the same time the Colts headed to Indy. Ended up following Shula to Miami. Thanks dad.

Last edited:
Ive got #2,3, and 5 down.

Murphys law thing....only once the game starts and my stomach starts sinking the minute i see the team walk out on the field.

Fight song...i need to get on that...know some of it thanks to phinsider podcast

I still think of their home as the Orange Bowl. And then Joe Robbie. And now I don't even know what it is.

I've got the rest except #3, I've got no kids.

I prefer the old logo....but I really hate the new color aqua

And I have promised my kids immeasurable treasure if we win the Super Bowl... so they are now cursed like all of us

Joe Robbie Stadium. That's newer.

I miss the Orange Bowl.

You know names like Stanfill, Heinz, Fernandez, Den Herder, Baumhower, Strock, Moore (Nat), Kolen, Scott......

And you CRY OUT for the return of the original logo and uniforms.

I never knew there was a fight song!!?? And I agree with #5!!!

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. When we played at the orange we had a huge home field advantage... Joe Robbie (yuck)

1. You have a Murphy's Law mentality.........Yep, I go in thinking they will win every game and then reality slams me back home.
2. You still call it Joe Robbie Stadium...I agree with most, the Orange Bowl is still the original home. Still, I call it JRS as their new home.
3. You forced your kids to root for the Dolphins......I do have one child (17 now). I never actually forced her to be a Phin fan, she did it of her own volition.
4. You know all the words to the worst fight song ever made.....Yep and I still sing it (to myself) after every touchdown.
5. You would prefer the Dolphins go back to their old logo.....Hell yeah. I love the old helmets, jerseys, colors....everything. I sure wish we'd go back to those.

At the OB we had an advantage, at JRS we built the stadium on indian burial ground.
The stadium is cursed.
My son went to every game with me from 1992-2003 when I had season tickets.
Those were good years.
We are both more casual fans now.

Back
Top Bottom