Five Ways You Know You're an Old-School Miami Dolphins Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five Ways You Know You're an Old-School Miami Dolphins Fan

I want the 1984 uniform back. And for us to play that way too. Talk about a team ahead of its time, that was it. That passing attack was unstoppable. And we might as well have a QB as good as we did then too. Hell yeah, bring it on that's who I want us to be again.

Easy way to test... Have someone radomly give you 10 numbers between 1 and 99 and if the first players you think of wearing those jersey numbers haven't played in the past 20 or 25 years you're likely old school. if 6 or more of the players you think of haven't played in 20 + years you're old school. If they haven't played in 30+ years you're really old school. For example if I say 56 and the first person you think of is Charles Bowser or John Offerdahl you're old school.

Last edited:
I got a kick out of this because this fits me to a tee except no.3 because I do not have any kids, but if I did I would force them to root for the Phins.:D

img_0082.jpg

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/five-ways-you-know-youre-an-old-school-miami-dolphins-fan-9605353

1) You best Dolphin memories are of playing at the Orange Bowl

2) You remember the 53 defense and know the name of the man whose number it was named for.

3) You remember safety D. Anderson on TV and aquitting himself well in the "Superstars" competition.

4) You remember how great Bob Griese was...with his League MVP awards, pro bowls and how respected he was as an elite QB.

5) you remember the "white hankies"...and how dominant this team was in the early 70's.

Why would anyone force their kids to root for this constantly disappointing team?

You know you're old school if you actually saw the team win a superbowl......which I did but I was only 12 and 13 when they won.....would mean more now

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom