Fixing The Offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fixing The Offense

PhinsAllDay

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I can't see the o line getting any better this season , Tunsil looks like a bust , Mike Pouncey looks like his washed . James isn't that good , and the two guards are just there at this point. At least last year the unicorns were on the field when Ajayi had his breakout performances. I dont see Drake and Williams running well behind this line nor Culter lasting long with his ribs already broken. I can see us losing out because of the o line . How should it be fixed and what should we do in the off-season to make sure Tannehill has a decent line and Offence when he gets back . And do you guys see Landry coming back next season ? And if he doesn't how can we replace him?

As for this year, start using Gray as a fullback and run out of the I- , Pro-, Weak- and Strong-Formations. You can even line up in 22 formations. I do believe that play actions out of these formations would be deadly.

Here is the fix:

ryan-tannehill-might-be-done-for-the-season-after-leaving-training-camp-with-an-ugly-knee-injury.jpg

It wont get close to what Gase needs until you see that again on the field.

Of course having an OL thst doesnt get the rb hit 3 yards behind the LOS on every other play would also help. Though we have all known that for what 6 years now? Maybe the FO will finally notice this offseaon...

And no I dont expect Landry back at this point, he will want paid and after the Cutler signing I dont see how we have the caproom to do it without major sacrafices. And if he wont be back? We should have traded last week him intead of waiting a crappy comp pick

TE also needs to be a priority this offseason. I have been begging for a proper TE since Eifert's draft, never had much faith in Thomas, crap trade.

I have always been a Pouncey fan, but its getting harder and harder to make the case for keeping him. Though Gase seems to love him

Tunsil should be moved back inside at gaurd and we need to replace the rest. Oh my... I just realized we only have one good lineman and we have to move him to guard!! Fml

This season was lost when Tannehill went down. I don't expect much improvement for our remaining 9 games.

Having Ryan back for 2018 will fix a lot of our issues on offense. And of course we also need to improve our OL in the offseason.

When this many first rounders plus every body else on the oline looks that bab its a coaching issue

The offense won't continue to be this bad. I have full faith in NFL normalcy. As soon as Sunday we'll probably see some crisp possessions with backs darting into the flat for catch and ramble. More tempo. More energy. More points. Wow.

Gase had no idea how to use Ajayi, not when Ajayi wasn't churning out 5 yards per crack. Any coach knows how to use the 5 yards per pop guys. Consequently we've been treated in recent days to a smorgasbord of all the things Jay Ajayi can't do, or supposedly can't do. One apologist after another has taken turns detailing all of Ajayi's faults. Meanwhile leading to the draft in recent years we've been told to focus on what a guy can do, not what he can't do. That's a wonderful philosophy and holds great logic, until you realize it doesn't apply to Jay Ajayi. Not with the Dolphins anyway.

I can't see the o line getting any better this season , Tunsil looks like a bust , Mike Pouncey looks like his washed . James isn't that good , and the two guards are just there at this point

Do we really need another friggin thread bashing the O-Line???? Your thread title is Fixing the offense.... How about giving some input on how to fix it instead of stating the obvious!!!

Need to be unpredictable with play calling,cross train personnel, and be able to give multiple looks on offense.

How can we be unpredicable with playcalling when the players cant even learn the O after it has had half the plays stripped out to make it easy to learn?

Need to be unpredictable with play calling,cross train personnel, and be able to give multiple looks on offense.
You would think an NFL offense could easily handle this and would certainly be a great solution. But apparently the Fins O can't even run the entire Gase offense because it's to complicated after 2 years so he has to dumb it down to the point that everyone and their grandmother knows what play they are running before the snap. Bro it's mind boggling to me that my sons peewee football team changed schemes throughout the season to keep defenses guessing but my beloved Dolphins can't. It's unbelievable never heard of anything like this. Praying for miracles man

We always get that talk about predictable offense after Ravens games. They say it every year. As for Tunsil, I wouldn't give up on him after a few bad games. Our offense is dynamic, IN THE SECOND HALF. That has to stop along with Gase's stupid play calling of trying to score only when we're two scores down.

I can't see the o line getting any better this season , Tunsil looks like a bust , Mike Pouncey looks like his washed . James isn't that good , and the two guards are just there at this point. At least last year the unicorns were on the field when Ajayi had his breakout performances. I dont see Drake and Williams running well behind this line nor Culter lasting long with his ribs already broken. I can see us losing out because of the o line . How should it be fixed and what should we do in the off-season to make sure Tannehill has a decent line and Offence when he gets back . And do you guys see Landry coming back next season ? And if he doesn't how can we replace him?

The one thing no one seems to mention is coaching. We had a coach who seemed more interested in doing lines and doing hookers, and that had no impact? Doubtful. We need to go out and hire a PROVEN NFL oline coach and then see what we have. Imho Tunsil is not a bust, but still in his first yr as a starting LT, James is passable, Pouncey when healthy has played at a pro bowl level, but if his play doesn’t improve it may be time to hang it up, our two guards suck. We havent done well in the draft but its more than that.

I believe coaching is a bigger issue. I like Gase as a leader, but he is still learning on the job and is stll micromanaging the offense. He should be required to go out and hire a real o coordinator (Christensen is just a figurehead), our defense is run by a first yr unproven coordinator who is also learning on the job, our oline, well you know the deal, also have an interim young coach. And we are suprised we are barely over .500??? Let’s see how tgese young players do with consistent coaching before we throw then under the bus. This team is not coached well and it shows.

How can we be unpredicable with playcalling when the players cant even learn the O after it has had half the plays stripped out to make it easy to learn?
Need to get the right players on the team. We are missing something whether its in the interview process and or scouting.

If Drake is indeed the starter, I look for a lot more throws to him out of the backfield. We essentially didn't use Ajayi as a pass catcher at all.

And obviously it's because he was so good at it, and Gase was so stubborn, that that happened.

Back
Top Bottom