Flaaco slid late | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flaaco slid late

Slid way too late. You can't blame the defender for that. Totally unfair call and the inevitable fine plus possible suspension is total bullshit. Kiko was easily the best player on the team yesterday.

I keep hearing about protecting the qb. I'm sorry he broke the line and ran over 10 yards. He is now a ball carrier not a qb. If Haack decides to pull in the ball and scramble he should get lit up too. Once you decide to run you should new treated no different no matter what position

The league hates the dolphins, that should be clear to everybody over the last 15 years. We have a proud history and and the league wants to keep us down because we are in the same division as their fraud squad, it's really that simple sadly. It wasn't just the flacco thing, which he should have slid much earlier on anyways or not slid at all, kiko was nice to him and pulled back. it sucks he got hurt but you're asking for it if you run for it that hard and if you don't slide in time it's your fault. Sucks to see Flacco get hurt, but its football and risks come with the game. I was proud of kiko for sticking up for himself there and for Suh sticking up for kiko. These players still got heart, I just think they're fed up with gase which is why they look so out of it on the field, Philbins end came exactly the same way.

It was also the refs non calling blatant holds and face masks all night by the ravens. This is why we need a physical aggressive team to force our way out of under the league/fraud squad's thumb. We also need a coach that will call out the league on the refs bs game after game so they can't do it as much or risk being exposed for it costing them ratings.

Last edited:
There have been so many QB head injuries because of them sliding late and getting destroyed. I dont know if I would slide after seeing so many of them. Just kind of fall down.
Maybe the qb's should think twice about scrambling for the first down. If they aren't built to take a hit like a rb they shouldn't try to make a rb play. If they do try to run they should take the hit like any other player

I also agree. He slid way too late. Kiko lead with his shoulder. He did make contact with the head so I guess the flag was correct but the Raven the pushed Kiko not once but twice to the ground should have been flagged along with their coach.

I agree with the OP completely. I also do not understand why Baltimore was not flagged for attacking Alonso after the play. It seemed the refs did not call a bunch of penalties I saw (at least 2 face masks, a couple PI's and holding). Not like it would have mattered though.

He absolutely slid late. You put yourself in harms way like that, you're going to get ear'holed.

He slid late. Players need to take more responsibility for their own safety. But Alonso also could have let up. That was an old school dirty 'I'm gonna get me a skin' type hit. Having said that if you are going to chastise players for being too physical you can't be too hard on defenses for letting QBs basically walk into the endzone at times. You notice NE rarely fair catches punts. There is a reason, Belichick knows opposing teams are afraid to lay a big hit with all the rule changes.

But I'm more sickened by the poke to the eye. The Dolphins are a bad combination of being soft and dirty. I think the refs were content to punish us the rest of the game for being dirty, and I can't really blame them.

Flacco definitely slid late.
After he watches the tape (to remember what happened) he will learn to slide earlier if he doesn't want to get hit.

**** Flacco. Sorry but I am heartless and classless when it comes to sports. Cheered, rewinded, and then saved the YouTube video to bring me up when I'm down. I truly hate Joe Flacco. Don't even know why. I can't stand his face. I've always wanted to punch him.

Kiko went from a guy I hate to a guy I kinda hate last night.

Even if it was a penalty...I can't stand the cheap or dirty hit crap. Every week in the NFL there are hits just like that. Sometimes you see them, sometimes you dont. Unfortunately for Flacco he got KO'd...I dont ever wish for someone to get hurt like that but my god its a violent sport. Might as well just make tackling illegal and make everyone wear flags.

Back
Top Bottom