****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

No disrespect to Saban and Alabama but Louisville and Ohio State should be ranked 1 and 2 in either order. I have a feeling that's the teams for the NC and that will be a classic.

I'm fine with that. Let's see how a team like Louisville would deal with the pressure of being #1 week in and week out. Very few teams can handle it.

Keep in mind Louisville is one quarterback injury away from becoming a fairly average football team.

I'm fine with that. Let's see how a team like Louisville would deal with the pressure of being #1 week in and week out. Very few teams can handle it.

Keep in mind Louisville is one quarterback injury away from becoming a fairly average football team.

Being #1 in what? The AP Poll? The Coaches Poll? None of those matter any more. You just have to be 1 to 4 in the playoff rankings. And by the sounds of things this week, this Louisville team is handling high rankings just fine.

Sure if Jackson goes down we'd take a step back, but we'd still be a pretty daggone good football team with either Kyle Bolin or Jawon Pass pulling the trigger. Jackson isn't the only player on this team. "Fairly average" is harsh, but I just assume that's your crimson colored glasses looking down at a non-SEC, non-traditional power school. It's ok we've seen it before, it's not new to us. Florida wasn't really interested in the 2013 Sugar Bowl. FSU isn't really all that good. Louisville and WVU scored how many points combined? Wow they suck, no defense. Texas and USC score how much in the national title game? Wow what a great game between two great teams!!! What happens if both of us happen to get to the national title game and we beat you guys? You won it last year and have too many trophies so the kids weren't that into it? Lane Kiffin's fault? Did Gene Stallings sneak into the stadium and took over the team for the game? It's always some damn excuse.

We'll just keep truckin' along, doin' our own thing in these uncharted waters. Maybe we make the playoff, maybe we don't. We'll see what happens, it's going to be fun!

Being #1 in what? The AP Poll? The Coaches Poll? None of those matter any more. You just have to be 1 to 4 in the playoff rankings. And by the sounds of things this week, this Louisville team is handling high rankings just fine.

Sure if Jackson goes down we'd take a step back, but we'd still be a pretty daggone good football team with either Kyle Bolin or Jawon Pass pulling the trigger. Jackson isn't the only player on this team. "Fairly average" is harsh, but I just assume that's your crimson colored glasses looking down at a non-SEC, non-traditional power school. It's ok we've seen it before, it's not new to us. Florida wasn't really interested in the 2013 Sugar Bowl. FSU isn't really all that good. Louisville and WVU scored how many points combined? Wow they suck, no defense. Texas and USC score how much in the national title game? Wow what a great game between two great teams!!! What happens if both of us happen to get to the national title game and we beat you guys? You won it last year and have too many trophies so the kids weren't that into it? Lane Kiffin's fault? Did Gene Stallings sneak into the stadium and took over the team for the game? It's always some damn excuse.

We'll just keep truckin' along, doin' our own thing in these uncharted waters. Maybe we make the playoff, maybe we don't. We'll see what happens, it's going to be fun!

Easy there snot nose. Back up a little bit.

Don't assume I was making light of Louisville’s team, just stating a fact. They’d be a completely different team without Lamar Jackson. Completely different. Just take it as a compliment towards your quarterback. He’s a special talent. Freakish athlete. If he stays healthy he'll win the Heisman Trophy. But if he gets hurt, Louisville becomes a fairly average team. Kyle Bolin ain't scoring 7 or 8 TD's a game.

I’m not one of these people that only know about Louisville what they just recently saw in terms of Heisman hype for Lamar Jackson on ESPN. There’s a lot of those out there now. I probably know a lot more about Louisville and the players they have than you think I do. Been watching ‘em for years. Most of ‘em since they were in high school. Hell, it’s a safe assumption that I know a lot more about every team in country than most.

However, I told you before the season that Florida St. was too high in the Coach’s Poll that came out and Louisville was too low. Louisville certainly deserves their top 3 ranking, for now. But my point is, I’m here to tell you it’s a much different type of pressure that’s felt when a team is taking the field with that #1 next to their name. The kids feel it. The coaches feel it. It builds every single week. Teams that have been there know that. It just gets multiplied even more after it’s been placed there by the playoff committee in October. Just being ranked in the top 4 is too much pressure to handle for some teams.

If Louisville goes undefeated they're in. And deservedly so with Clemson, Florida St., Houston, and the ACC Coastal champion on their resume. That schedule is nothing like the Boise St. schedules of days gone by.

Bottom line is we don’t really know what 4 teams are going to navigate through it all to be there in the end. What we do know is that the Big-10, SEC, ACC, and Pac-12 all have elimination games coming up, and we know who the viable participants are going to be in those games. There’s a long ways to go for everybody involved. Including Alabama. Although we agree it’ll be fun.

Easy there snot nose. Back up a little bit.

Don't assume I was making light of Louisville’s team, just stating a fact. They’d be a completely different team without Lamar Jackson. Completely different. Just take it as a compliment towards your quarterback. He’s a special talent. Freakish athlete. If he stays healthy he'll win the Heisman Trophy. But if he gets hurt, Louisville becomes a fairly average team. Kyle Bolin ain't scoring 7 or 8 TD's a game.

I’m not one of these people that only know about Louisville what they just recently saw in terms of Heisman hype for Lamar Jackson on ESPN. There’s a lot of those out there now. I probably know a lot more about Louisville and the players they have than you think I do. Been watching ‘em for years. Most of ‘em since they were in high school. Hell, it’s a safe assumption that I know a lot more about every team in country than most.

However, I told you before the season that Florida St. was too high in the Coach’s Poll that came out and Louisville was too low. Louisville certainly deserves their top 3 ranking, for now. But my point is, I’m here to tell you it’s a much different type of pressure that’s felt when a team is taking the field with that #1 next to their name. The kids feel it. The coaches feel it. It builds every single week. Teams that have been there know that. It just gets multiplied even more after it’s been placed there by the playoff committee in October. Just being ranked in the top 4 is too much pressure to handle for some teams.

If Louisville goes undefeated they're in. And deservedly so with Clemson, Florida St., Houston, and the ACC Coastal champion on their resume. That schedule is nothing like the Boise St. schedules of days gone by.

Bottom line is we don’t really know what 4 teams are going to navigate through it all to be there in the end. What we do know is that the Big-10, SEC, ACC, and Pac-12 all have elimination games coming up, and we know who the viable participants are going to be in those games. There’s a long ways to go for everybody involved. Including Alabama. Although we agree it’ll be fun.

Whoa there chuckles, maybe Bolin won't have to? Maybe James Quick or Jaylon Smith? Maybe Brandon Radcliff? For sure Lamar Jackson is a transformative athlete, but let's not pretend Bobby Petrino would fall apart and forget how to coach if he got injured all of a sudden. The offense would certainly change (maybe not so much if Jawon Pass were to get some snaps), but Bolin knows what he's doing and he'd get the recievers more involved. So we'd only average 50 points instead of 60. That's still enough to win out with the way our defense is playing.

The first playoff rankings come out when? November 3rd? At that point the only worthwhile team left on our schedule is Houston. BC (away), Wake (home), and those dip****s in Lexington (home) are bottom feeders. I don't see any loses there. Houston is another matter. We'll just have to see with that one.

I really don't see anyone in the SEC challenging Alabama. Your toughest game left is what? At Fayetteville? Bielema is too busy picking his nose being a complete weirdo to coach well enough to beat Nick Saban. The Knoxville mash unit? Maybe A&M but that game is in Tuscaloosa and Manziel isn't walking through that door. Les Miles forgot what a forward pass is. Maybe the Iron Bowl but that's in Tuscaloosa too. I don't know, I think Bama has not necessarily an easy path by any means, but it's not daunting either.

Whoa there chuckles, maybe Bolin won't have to? Maybe James Quick or Jaylon Smith? Maybe Brandon Radcliff? For sure Lamar Jackson is a transformative athlete, but let's not pretend Bobby Petrino would fall apart and forget how to coach if he got injured all of a sudden. The offense would certainly change (maybe not so much if Jawon Pass were to get some snaps), but Bolin knows what he's doing and he'd get the recievers more involved. So we'd only average 50 points instead of 60. That's still enough to win out with the way our defense is playing.

The first playoff rankings come out when? November 3rd? At that point the only worthwhile team left on our schedule is Houston. BC (away), Wake (home), and those dip****s in Lexington (home) are bottom feeders. I don't see any loses there. Houston is another matter. We'll just have to see with that one.

I really don't see anyone in the SEC challenging Alabama. Your toughest game left is what? At Fayetteville? Bielema is too busy picking his nose being a complete weirdo to coach well enough to beat Nick Saban. The Knoxville mash unit? Maybe A&M but that game is in Tuscaloosa and Manziel isn't walking through that door. Les Miles forgot what a forward pass is. Maybe the Iron Bowl but that's in Tuscaloosa too. I don't know, I think Bama has not necessarily an easy path by any means, but it's not daunting either.

Hey Lou...hang on bud.....I wasn't snubbing my nose at Louisville or Ohio State.....well..maybe Ohio State..my thing to Mad88...was...What has Bama done for you guys to drop us behind you two...that's it!!
Hell,after Nick...Petrino is my favorite coach....(You do realize that Bobby is getting a big raise at the end of the year? Either by UL or Auburn,because Gus is just about gone and the Aubbies will be coming hard....and I really don't
want Bobby back on the plains as the Head coach..i think he's that good. Still a long way to go in the year..I hope we meet up in the playoffs....I hope we make it..we are very young.
I just know,no one is going to beat a Saban coached team by 50 something points.

Hey Lou...hang on bud.....I wasn't snubbing my nose at Louisville or Ohio State.....well..maybe Ohio State..my thing to Mad88...was...What has Bama done for you guys to drop us behind you two...that's it!!
Hell,after Nick...Petrino is my favorite coach....(You do realize that Bobby is getting a big raise at the end of the year? Either by UL or Auburn,because Gus is just about gone and the Aubbies will be coming hard....and I really don't
want Bobby back on the plains as the Head coach..i think he's that good. Still a long way to go in the year..I hope we meet up in the playoffs....I hope we make it..we are very young.
I just know,no one is going to beat a Saban coached team by 50 something points.
Never say never. I'd have sworn it was impossible to happen to FSU until Oregon and Louisville stomped our guts out. Highly unlikely, yes, but not impossible.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Never say never. I'd have sworn it was impossible to happen to FSU until Oregon and Louisville stomped our guts out. Highly unlikely, yes, but not impossible.

I would bet my house on it...It hasn't ever happened it Saban's career....You guys have a lot of talent,your DC is a buffoon....
Jimbo,who I like a lot also...is a offensive guy so he was stuck letting the DC do his thing...If Pruitt's D was getting trucked like that,
Nick would take over calling the D....and fired Pruitt right after the game...
A lot of things have to happen to get beat by 50...on Defense and Offense.

Well the difference is Florida St. has never shown they can win anything unless they have a Heisman Trophy winner at quarterback. Alabama's never needed one, even before Saban. Nobody will ever beat Saban at Alabama by 50 points. The team will always be too balanced. And can hurt you in too many different ways.

The only thing that been said that I've taken exception with is that without Lamar Jackson U of L would be a "fairly average" team. U of L would still be a pretty good team, one capable of winning the ACC without Lamar Jackson.

Bobby got raise in April, to $4.3 million. Undoubtedly if he made the playoff AD Tom Jurich would give him another raise (assuming the new president and board continue the hands off policy regarding athletics) most likely to the highest paid head coach in the ACC (he's third now). It's not widely known but the University of Louisville has as much money as any SEC athletic department does. Had he wanted to stay, we could have easily matched the Texas offer to Charlie Strong. Strong didn't want to stay here, it's not known publicly but Strong instructed his agent to contact Texas to get his name on their radar. He originally wasn't on their list. It's also worth noting that for the next 2 years, Bobby's buy out is $10 million (Bobby's idea). Given Bobby's history, I seriously doubt Tom Jurich would take a penny less for the buy out. If someone wants him (and he wants to leave) then they'll have to pay through the nose for him, so the hiring AD sure as hell better be sure about it.

If I was going to wager, I'd wager that in the first game of 2018 Alabama will be facing a Bobby Petrino coached U of L squad with either a redshirt sophomore Jawon Pass or a redshirt freshman Malik Cunningham at QB.

I would bet my house on it...It hasn't ever happened it Saban's career....You guys have a lot of talent,your DC is a buffoon....
Jimbo,who I like a lot also...is a offensive guy so he was stuck letting the DC do his thing...If Pruitt's D was getting trucked like that,
Nick would take over calling the D....and fired Pruitt right after the game...
A lot of things have to happen to get beat by 50...on Defense and Offense.
I will completley agree with you there. DC is a moron, wish we still had Pruitt or Stoops. Jimbo holds on to coordinators way too long when they suck.

Well the difference is Florida St. has never shown they can win anything unless they have a Heisman Trophy winner at quarterback. Alabama's never needed one, even before Saban. Nobody will ever beat Saban at Alabama by 50 points. The team will always be too balanced. And can hurt you in too many different ways.
I don't know about not winning anything but you are correct about the NC, they tend to own coincide with Heisman QBs.

I will completley agree with you there. DC is a moron, wish we still had Pruitt or Stoops. Jimbo holds on to coordinators way too long when they suck.

Sent from my SM

Don't worry once Bobby hangs 70 on UK at the end of the season, Mark Stoops will be available.

Stupidity is disrespect.....let the season play out...the cream will rise to the top...and it's usually Crimson......Ohio State is over rated...and FSU?..well...a real top ten team would
never give up 63 points...my God!!
Hanging 63 on a solid FSU team is not something I think Bama could do. That said, I dont think UL could put up 63 on Bama but the Tide have struggled with spread offenses. Lamar Jackson is a special player. Sorry Lou but you take Jackson off that team thats a significant step back. And that Buckeye defense is playing lights out. I think the count is at 5 pick 6s in three games and that's impressive. Offense has tailed off with the loss of Eliott but they have a couple young kids keeping it potent.

Bama is the champ and rightfully sitting at the top of the heap but I think UL and OSU are playing better football right now. Long way to go you're right.

Bama has averaged 46 points a game so far...even tho we haven't been able to truly game plan for our known starters on offense till last week. This is a new offense for Bama, with this power spread.
This defense is built to handle spreads....Your not going to shut out these spread offenses these days....sometimes,even with a great defense you have to out score them.
So,at home bama playing FSU,and FSU staying in mostly man to man,blitzing and leaving huge rushing lanes open and not trying to change up....yea.. I think Jaylen and the boys could hang 60 on them.
But remember..thats not about what bama could do or what Louisville did...it's more about what FSU didn't do.
Keep a eye on Jaylen Hurts...he's at the place this year that Lamar Jackson was at last year, but (in my opinion)a better team around him.
This isn't the same 3 yds and a cloud of dust Bama team of the past....going to be a fun next couple of years.

Hanging 63 on a solid FSU team is not something I think Bama could do. That said, I dont think UL could put up 63 on Bama but the Tide have struggled with spread offenses. Lamar Jackson is a special player. Sorry Lou but you take Jackson off that team thats a significant step back. And that Buckeye defense is playing lights out. I think the count is at 5 pick 6s in three games and that's impressive. Offense has tailed off with the loss of Eliott but they have a couple young kids keeping it potent.

Bama is the champ and rightfully sitting at the top of the heap but I think UL and OSU are playing better football right now. Long way to go you're right.

It's not so much Bama has struggled against spread offenses, but more vs. elite dual threat quarterbacks...but only when they're something unusually special and have a really good team around them. However, they haven't struggled against them as much as they've struggled to stop Alabama.

Ohio St. and Louisville are playing outstanding right now, but you don't want to peak too soon in the season either. You want to peak later in the season closer to playoff time.

Ohio St. has 4 pick 6's in three games this year, which is pretty good. Although it's not as good as Bama's 5 "NOT's" (Non Offensive Touchdowns) through 3 games so far. In fact, since the beginning of last season up to now, Bama has scored 15 Non Offensive Touchdowns. 7 on interception returns, 5 punt returns, 1 kick return, 1 blocked punt, and 1 fumble return. By far the most in the country.

That's what I mean by the team is too balanced, too talented, and too well coached to lose by 20 points. Much less 50. Alabama can literally score on any play, doesn't matter if it's offense, defense, or special teams. The two worst losses Alabama has taken in the past 10 years were both by 14 points. I don't know that Alabama has ever given up 60 points in a game.

It's not Saban's style to run the score up on opponents and humiliate them like some coaches do. That's why Bama is always playing 2nd and 3rd stringers after halftime in blowout games. The offense usually just hums along at about 70% of full capacity to eliminate mistakes and allow the defense to dominate. But if it's a game against a good opponent where the defense struggles and he knows we need points to win....Alabama can and will throw caution to the wind, put the peddle down and score with anybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom