Football as a whole is broken! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football as a whole is broken!

fishfuego.

Active Roster
Reaction score
In the Miami Hurricanes vs Seminoles, a clear safety was called on the one yard to favor the Seminoles, keep in mind this is college football.

The strange thing is, that after a clear review where the QB was tackled in the end zone, with the ball clearly all the way in, they somehow called it on the one yard line. Everyone , and I mean everyone including the tv announcers were saying safety. Replay don’t lie right?
Wrong.
There is something very strange going in football fellas. It was a totally game changer with what should have been an all of a sudden 9-10 game with the Seminoles punting back to the Canes with short field and only 1 point differential, with about 2 minutes left in the half.
Well the Canes remained on defense and stopped the Seminoles giving the ball back to the Canes who scored a field goal to tie the game 10-10, instead of 12-10 or possibly 16-10 Canes.

The Canes ended up losing 20-27 but who knows how different the end result could have been if the correct calls, yes calls, as there were an avalanche of Pi and holding that the Seminoles got away with.

This is the state of the game of football currently, where in your face replays and reviews means nothing.

The integrity of American sports is non existent.
Disgusting.

Last edited:
So take the two points and you still didnt win. Miami sucks and they have for two decade……

In the Miami Hurricanes vs Seminoles, a clear safety was called on the one yard to favor the Seminoles, keep in mind this is college football.

The strange thing is, that after a clear review where the QB was tackled in the end zone, with the ball clearly all the way in, they somehow called it on the one yard line. Everyone , and I mean everyone including the tv announcers were saying safety. Replay don’t lie right?
Wrong.
There is something very strange going in football fellas. It was a totally game changer with what should have been an all of a sudden 9-10 game with the Seminoles punting back to the Canes with short field and only 1 point differential, with about 2 minutes left in the half.
Well the Canes remained on defense and stopped the Seminoles giving the ball back to the Canes who scored a field goal to tie the game 10-10, instead of 12-10 or possibly 16-10 Canes.

The Canes ended up losing 20-27 but who knows how different the end result could have been if the correct calls, yes calls, as there were an avalanche of Pi and holding that the Seminoles got away with.

This is the state of the game of football currently, where in your face replays and reviews means nothing.

Disgusting.
This a a Dolphins forum not a college football forum
This should be moved

This a a Dolphins forum not a college football forum
This should be moved
Not really.
This is related to how both the NFL and College football have been conditioned to controlling games with its officiating.
The Dolphins were a victim of one of the most atrocious officiating I’ve seen in the sport.
Similar stance from officials across the football realm, and the point of this thread.

So take the two points and you still didnt win. Miami sucks and they have for two decade……
I completely agree about the Hurricanes sucking, but the point is about football and its officiating as a whole, including the Dolphins.

Not really.
This is related to how both the NFL and College football have been conditioned to controlling games with its officiating.
The Dolphins were a victim of one of the most atrocious officiating I’ve seen in the sport.
Similar stance from officials across the football realm, and the point of this thread.
Get over it
If we played better we woulda won, we were manhandled

Until AI is introduced or everything can be reviewed this is the product

Wrong.

Disgusting.
Yes it should have been a safety, but let's not ignore the textbook targeting that was not called...

Firstly, those non-saftey calls drive me nuts. If I've seen 10 of them that were very close, 9 of them wete NOT called safeties. I don't know whether to be pissed at the refs or the rule. Its probably the rule that's the problem.

Secondly, maybe the refs are as bad as they've always been(but not as bad as the OP thinks), but with modern video technology and pundits, commentators, & on-call retired refs(Gene Steratore for one) talking about bad calls more more bad calls are being seen. I love the on-call retired referees by the way. Its a GREAT idea.

They need to start making penalties challangeable. You can challenge fouls in the NBA and it works great except for not having enough challenges. So I see no good reason you can't do it with penalties in football.

They need to get rid of those rediculous rules for protecting the QB and use flag football rules for the QB(only while the QB is in passing mode) instead. Have QB's wear a flag football belt. You pull the flag to neutralize him instead of tackling him. That'll make everybody happy. Offenses would have to worry about their QB getting injured a whole lot less and defenses wouldn't have to worry about those rediculous roughing-the-passer calls that they could've done nothing to avoid.

This last one applies to college and pro in all sports: They need to have a concession rule. It's the height of hippocracy and defies all logic to be paranoid about injuries and not have one. The only reason I can think of that they don't have one is advertising. If games ended early you would have alot of angry sponsors. I don't understand how the current TV advertising business model still works anyway with DVRs getting in the way. I'll bet if college football had a confession rule, 80% of the games would end early. You can forfeit a game in the middle of it can't you? Is that the same as conceding? If you do that, does the whole game not count so the stats don't count?

I just thought of one more thing: How can a pass be a pass if the ball is still in the QB's hand?😕 They need to change the rediculous rule to if the ball is still in the QB's hand, its a fumble. None if this passing motion BS. This is is what caused the "tuck rule" incident.

Back
Top Bottom