Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Team Preview - Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Team Preview - Miami Dolphins

FootballCEO

Active Roster
Reaction score
[video=youtube;crOMSZlhqAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crOMSZlhqAI[/video]

Good morning Dolphins fans! Here's my Season Preview for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em

Great preview, you made a lot of solid points. The dolphins have some good personnel along the offensive line and secondary, but these were the two biggest problem units last year. I think you can attribute a lot of that to poor coaching and scheming. Key players haven't taken the neccessary steps forward due to lack of development. I think conditioning was a major contributor to injury last year as well. The offensive line and secondary both played hurt and it showed.

What you didn't hit on was the new coaching staff. That, in my opinion, will be the biggest factor in where Miami stands in this division. Kevin Coyle did a lot in Cinnc. There's no reason to think he can't get this secondary (which is his specialty) on track for a stellar season. Likewise Philbin and Sherman will have a much sounder, conditioned offensive line. That will help the running game be more consistant than last year rather than spotty, which should take pressure off the passing game.

Will the quarterbacks be ready to go toe-to-toe with tom brady, with the jets and bill defenses and other AFC powerhouses? time will tell.

Some players that are very intriguing to me are

Roberto Wallace at the WR position, he has all the tangibles to be of a brandon marshall skill set player. He's also a monster on special teams. He should lock up a roster spot before Fuller who wasn't consitant this year in college. I see him going to the practice squad and probably getting poached.

Is clyde gates going to contribute this year? his speed is pretty-deadly, can we find a way to use it though? we don't have any true wide outs with his speed.

At the safety position, Tyrelle Johnson could easily salvage his career the way reggie nelson did on the bengals. Coyle will help him maximize his athleticism and he could be a better version of reshad jones in the box. Those two players can fill the role of Yeremiah Bell.

Jimmy Wilson is going to transition; with his coverage ability now at the safety position, can he beat out players like chris clemons and tyrone culver? I think so. Those guys don't move like he doesn't. A true natural coverage player.

At the linebacker position the Dolphins drafted Josh Kaddu of Oregon. This guy can be a threat covering with his speed and safety-like stature. I think he can move sideline to sideline or run with tight ends. In college, he was more than a formidable pass rusher, who can be moved all over the field. He could easily contribute to this defense sooner than even Olivier Vernon. However he needs some time in the weight room and probably some stellar coaching

Les brown, the Tight end. You just can't coach 4.4 speed at the tight end position. This guy brings an athleticism to tight end that just doesnt exist in the NFL right now. he needs to be developed and used, you can't waste that kind of talent.

And lastly, the best part of this team you didn't mention, the kickers. Brandon Fields is a top 5 punter in this league, rain sleet or snow this guy punts bombs 50 yards. Likewise people downplay Dan carpenter's abilities but He's hit a 60 yard field goal against 18mph wind. It is not his fault Sparano had him kicking more 40+ Fgs than others in the league which brings down his %. There was one jets game where sparano had him kick 4 55+ yarders. Insane.

I think the Dolphins are headed in the right direction. I think they can be a contender at every position this year. The only questions are how long is this coaching staff going to take to implement what they need, and How long until we see pro bowl play at the quarterback position(and can any of these guys perform at that level)?

[video=youtube;crOMSZlhqAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crOMSZlhqAI[/video]

Good morning Dolphins fans! Here's my Season Preview for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em

That's you!? I love your youtube site. You have a great "layman" analysis of the draft. I send your links to people when talking about the draft because the average fan doesn't really understand what I mean when I discuss certain things and I don't do nearly as good of a job as you when explaining it.

I never knew you posted on here. Cool! Thanks for the new link.

Still not convinced that the Bills, who Miami beat easily twice last season, are all of a sudden way better than the Dolphins. I think 2nd in the division is a toss up right now between the Dolphins, Bills and Jets. Jets maybe not as much, but they will be in the discussion also.

I personally think the East is likely only going to send the Patriots to the playoffs. Doesn't mean another team won't grab a wild card spot, but that is my gut feeling. I do think the Dolphins could make a push for the playoffs, but I am thinking more along the lines of an 8-8 or 9-7 season. I have been going back and forth daily between those two records.

My gut in June says this:

Patriots - 12-4
Dolphins - 9-7
Bills - 7-9
Jets - 5-11

I think the Patriots are still the class of the division, Miami is being greatly overlooked, the Bills are being greatly overhyped, and the Jets are on the verge of a major meltdown/collapse.

It was good...but I laughed when he said Ocho ran great routes around 2:40 LOL

Still not convinced that the Bills, who Miami beat easily twice last season, are all of a sudden way better than the Dolphins. I think 2nd in the division is a toss up right now between the Dolphins, Bills and Jets. Jets maybe not as much, but they will be in the discussion also.

I personally think the East is likely only going to send the Patriots to the playoffs. Doesn't mean another team won't grab a wild card spot, but that is my gut feeling. I do think the Dolphins could make a push for the playoffs, but I am thinking more along the lines of an 8-8 or 9-7 season. I have been going back and forth daily between those two records.

My gut in June says this:

Patriots - 12-4
Dolphins - 9-7
Bills - 7-9
Jets - 5-11

I think the Patriots are still the class of the division, Miami is being greatly overlooked, the Bills are being greatly overhyped, and the Jets are on the verge of a major meltdown/collapse.

I think you are underestimating the improvements/changes that the Bills have made this off-season. They've done a lot more than just sign Mario Williams. Their D should go from the bottom of the league standings to at least the top half of the league.

I think that the Fins will be considerably better than most "experts" predict, although, if they decide to start Tannehill early, their record might not reflect that. Neither their D or their running game is good enough to sustain a winning season with a rookie QB as their starter.

I agree with you on the Pats and Jets. Unless Brady is injured, the Pats will take the AFCE, although they may not win 12 or more games.

I think the Jets are crashing and burning this season, too. I think trading for Tebow while failing to address their OL, WR, and safety issues makes me ask, "what were they thinking?" I would NOT be surprised to see Ryan get the axe.

I think you are underestimating the improvements/changes that the Bills have made this off-season. They've done a lot more than just sign Mario Williams. Their D should go from the bottom of the league standings to at least the top half of the league.

I think that the Fins will be considerably better than most "experts" predict, although, if they decide to start Tannehill early, their record might not reflect that. Neither their D or their running game is good enough to sustain a winning season with a rookie QB as their starter.

I agree with you on the Pats and Jets. Unless Brady is injured, the Pats will take the AFCE, although they may not win 12 or more games.

I think the Jets are crashing and burning this season, too. I think trading for Tebow while failing to address their OL, WR, and safety issues makes me ask, "what were they thinking?" I would NOT be surprised to see Ryan get the axe.

Wow, you posted this almost an hour ago. Where the hell is junc?

Wow, you posted this almost an hour ago. Where the hell is junc?

I noticed that ol' Junk really has been slipping in his vigilance recently! Nublar's post that I responded to also included an opinion that the Jets would implode was posted last night! Maybe Junc's on vacation or is dealing with some issue ...

The Pats have NO, repeat NO, ground game this season. Unless they pick somebody up, they're relying on Woodhead and Vereen to keep defenses honest. I think they might struggle a little more than people think this season. They may still win the AFCE, but with 10 or 11 wins max.

just because you say things on a video doesn't make them true. Ocho runs great routes? since when? Fasano a solid TE? A lot of promise in the WR corp? Citting moore's record at 6-3 to "finish" the season...so I guess records don't count until you win a game? You're high on Sean Smith and Davis but you're prob the only one. Davis is still potential and sean smith isn't even that. First round grade on miller is a bit high because of injury and overall rawness but you're not alone in that assesment. Hell a lot the stuff you said is just homer nonsense but I don't even agree with your negatives, which all seemed to be aimed at tannehill. This is a common trend among the "experts" so I can't fault you for your opinion about him closing games. Watching those games I saw dropped passes, WRs falling down to give up ints and a defense that couldn't hold a lead. Football is a team game and you can't blame a collapse soley on the quarterback.

just because you say things on a video doesn't make them true. Ocho runs great routes? since when? Fasano a solid TE? A lot of promise in the WR corp? Citting moore's record at 6-3 to "finish" the season...so I guess records don't count until you win a game? You're high on Sean Smith and Davis but you're prob the only one. Davis is still potential and sean smith isn't even that. First round grade on miller is a bit high because of injury and overall rawness but you're not alone in that assesment. Hell a lot the stuff you said is just homer nonsense but I don't even agree with your negatives, which all seemed to be aimed at tannehill. This is a common trend among the "experts" so I can't fault you for your opinion about him closing games. Watching those games I saw dropped passes, WRs falling down to give up ints and a defense that couldn't hold a lead. Football is a team game and you can't blame a collapse soley on the quarterback.

Did you see the OSU game? Tannehill THREW the game away....literally.

Things I say are based off my own thoughts and critiques. I think Fasano is a solid TE..Ocho IS known for his route-running... Ignore NE Ochocinco.

And I'm the last person that bases their statements off the thoughts of others. You better check my history LOL

That's you!? I love your youtube site. You have a great "layman" analysis of the draft. I send your links to people when talking about the draft because the average fan doesn't really understand what I mean when I discuss certain things and I don't do nearly as good of a job as you when explaining it.

I never knew you posted on here. Cool! Thanks for the new link.

THanks Cap'n! I appreciate that! I try to keep it simple and conversational to everyone. Those that tend to be overly wordy are generally the ones that try too hard so sound like they know what they talk about. Because in all honesty, coaches don't speak that way :)

I think rex ryan is going to be more focused on the defense in new york that side of the ball they can easily be in the top 5 or out of the top 10, its hard to say with them. If they can get their running game that team can probably win 9 games with sanchez.

The bills are poised and ready to make a run, that defensive line, their linebackers, a young but pretty good secondary, their obviously impressive running game, and they have enough weapons on offense to contend for a winning season as well. For them it all comes down to Fitzpatrick, That guy has played some really great football, and some mind boggline games as well. This is the year he has to show consistancy for them to contend. i think he can do it early on, but i do question him for 16 games playing at the level he can at times. he can win a football game on the last drive, that so big, but he can lose it too.

the dolphins are in the worst situation just because we really don't know how this group is going to mesh with this coaching staff. who fits and who doesnt? who can they adapt their game-plan for and should they? were they given enough pieces for instant success? is this staff the right combo and can they implement enough to win in year 1. It's just anyones guess we need to watch for a year before we really can predict what the phins can do.

I disagree with the person who said the pats will have no ground game, I think ridley is who they are banking on whos been very good. He, vereen, Woodhead, and probably someone theyll poach from us will get the job done. No one is putting 8-9 in the box against Brady, hernandez, gronkowski, welker, Loyyd ect ect. the question for them is did they do enough for their defense? I think so they might go to another SB this year,....

Back
Top Bottom