Football Gameplan's 2014 NFL Draft Big Board | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football Gameplan's 2014 NFL Draft Big Board

Love that you have Jimmie Ward in the top 20 and that you have Bridgewater and Manziel as your top 2 QB's. Since you highlighted Jernigan, he reminds me a lot of Randy Starks. So much so that I went back and checked Starks' combine numbers, and they're almost identical to Jernigan's - the key difference being that Starks is longer, but Jernigan is the better player entering the NFL, imo.

I like Gabe Jackson a lot. #2 is rich for my blood, but I have him closer to a 1st RD player than a 3rd RD player (where many people have him).

My biggest gripe would be the 3rd RD grade on Shazier. I can't think of a LB that possessed his combination of production and athleticism that has been anything less than an outstanding NFL player.

But I like that you have Van Noy in your top 25. Great work!

Love that you have Jimmie Ward in the top 20 and that you have Bridgewater and Manziel as your top 2 QB's. Since you highlighted Jernigan, he reminds me a lot of Randy Starks. So much so that I went back and checked Starks' combine numbers, and they're almost identical to Jernigan's - the key difference being that Starks is longer, but Jernigan is the better player entering the NFL, imo.

I like Gabe Jackson a lot. #2 is rich for my blood, but I have him closer to a 1st RD player than a 3rd RD player (where many people have him).

My biggest gripe would be the 3rd RD grade on Shazier. I can't think of a LB that possessed his combination of production and athleticism that has been anything less than an outstanding NFL player.

But I like that you have Van Noy in your top 25. Great work!

Thanks J!! What do you think the reason why many are down on Gabe Jackson? And are you not as concerned about Shazier's lack of 'play making' as opposed to his teammate Grant?

My pleasure, man. I always enjoy your work. And the production quality of your videos just gets better and better. As someone who is primarily interested in the content, it's not always on the forefront of my mind, but I think it needs to be said.

My experience reading up on Jackson has been somewhat similar to my experience with Jimmie Ward. I hear a lot of positives and very few negatives, and then I hear draft grades that don't match the comments. I read that Rob Rang (who has a 2nd RD grade on him) thinks he struggles at the 2nd level. But I think he looks great moving to the 2nd level. He then compares him to Larry Warford - who was probably the best rookie O-lineman last season. Long story short, I have no idea.

In terms of Shazier, 144 tackles, 23.5 TFL, 7 sacks, and 4 FF's. To me, that's a lot of play making. Around the LOS, he reminds me of a smaller (even) more athletic Junior Seau. He just has a great feel for shooting the gap, but I think he has the tools to work in space too. He's the player I hope Miami drafts at 19 (assuming he's still on the board).

Notice you have ASJ as your top TE. Just out of curiosity, why? Seems no one can agree who the top TE is in this draft.

Notice you have ASJ as your top TE. Just out of curiosity, why? Seems no one can agree who the top TE is in this draft.

I like his ability to play inline and block. That was the focus of his game this year…he bulked up and got better in the trenches which aided the running game. Now you combine that w/ the receiving skills you saw in 2012 and you have yourself a tougher, more physical version of Jimmy Graham

I like his ability to play inline and block. That was the focus of his game this year…he bulked up and got better in the trenches which aided the running game. Now you combine that w/ the receiving skills you saw in 2012 and you have yourself a tougher, more physical version of Jimmy Graham

i agree, i think he is probly the best all around te in the draft

Back
Top Bottom