Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

nick1 said:
and? a football player has died from a heart attack, had a stroke, had to retire from concussions and of course they blow out knees, elbows, whatever else

this time I'm gone for real

So soccer players

nick1 said:
and? a football player has died from a heart attack, had a stroke, had to retire from concussions and of course they blow out knees, elbows, whatever else

this time I'm gone for real

Have you not seen some of the head to head hits soccer players have taken?

I played Soccer for 10 years, and just finished my 6th year of football so I think I have a pretty good opinion about this.

Football requires more from your body. It requires more athletisism, and no matter what you say, the collisions in football are WAAAAAAY bigger than anything in Soccer. I was a team captain for 4 years, MVP one year, playing Middle Fullback for 8 years straight and having the repuatation of being very physical (some people thought I was dirty but I very rarely got carded)

The thing about soccer is that it's about 3-4 times more tiring than football, but two days later when you're still feeling those football bumps and bruises you'll know what you gave your all to. In soccer you feel dead tired and your legs feel heavy. Football depending on your position (I'm just a WR and gunner on special teams) you will feel like hell. Go try playing runningback in a competitive league for ONE game, good luck, I can't. I'd be murdered at my size. Soccer each position is not marked by your height and weight, and is less of a chess match, but it is still one of the best sports ever created.

Soccer requires more skill, football requires more athletisism and a combo of speed/power.

Last edited:
Dolfan984 said:
I played Soccer for 10 years, and just finished my 6th year of football so I think I have a pretty good opinion about this.

Football requires more from your body. It requires more athletisism, and no matter what you say, the collisions in football are WAAAAAAY bigger than anything in Soccer. I was a team captain for 4 years, MVP one year, playing Middle Fullback for 8 years straight and having the repuatation of being very physical (some people thought I was dirty but I very rarely got carded)

The thing about soccer is that it's about 3-4 times more tiring than football, but two days later when you're still feeling those football bumps and bruises you'll know what you gave your all to. In soccer you feel dead tired and your legs feel heavy. Football depending on your position (I'm just a WR and gunner on special teams) you will feel like hell. Go try playing runningback in a competitive league for ONE game, good luck, I can't. I'd be murdered at my size. Soccer each position is not marked by your height and weight, and is less of a chess match, but it is still one of the best sports ever created.

Soccer requires more skill, football requires more athletisism and a combo of speed/power.
exactly

HERE IS WHY SOCCER WILL NEVER BE AS POPULAR AS OTHER SPORTS IN US

There is no $$$ for advertiser in the US. Why because there no commercials. I remember watching a game when I was a little kid with my dad who's a big soccer fan and the US broadcast station broke coverage of the game to go to commercial.FREAKIN COMMERCIAL. There no commercial in Soccer. Unlike other sports that have tv timeout and stuff like that. Since kids like sports they grew up watching of course they are not going to like soccer if they don't see it being played professionally. I bet most soccer fans parents also love soccer and watch with them growing up. This is why it is tough for soccer here because the big station cant fill their greedy pockets with more money.

Also soccer anyone can play and be a professional also. You dont have to be 6'9", weigh 225lbs +, or run a 40 in 4.6s to be considered able to play professionally. That why so many feel attachment to the sport. I'm 5'9" 180lbs I can never play football, basketball. But soccer I would be able to play.

ILPhinFan88 said:
Have you not seen some of the head to head hits soccer players have taken?
a helmet to helmet collision is way worst

we all perfer Football thats why we are on the Dolphins board and not the Fifa or another soccer board... football has more physical requirements than the NFL does

nick1 said:
we all perfer Football thats why we are on the Dolphins board and not the Fifa or another soccer board... football has more physical requirements than the NFL does

Last time I checked this is the Other Sports Forum:tongue:

TotoreMexico said:
But soccer players have no helmet:tongue:
yes but what I said is that the Helmet actually makes the collision hurt more and causes more concusions

TotoreMexico said:
Last time I checked this is the Other Sports Forum:tongue:
but it's finheaven.com meaning we love the Dolphins a football team :fh:

Back
Top Bottom