Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

nick1 said:
yes but what I said is that the Helmet actually makes the collision hurt more and causes more concusions

I thought the helmet was for protection:hmmm:

But yeah obviously it's more solid than a skull

TotoreMexico said:
I thought the helmet was for protection:hmmm:

But yeah obviously it's more solid than a skull
the helmet works for the most part but it has it's flaws, such as in the case of two helmets colliding that results in a concussion in most cases

nick1 said:
the helmet works for the most part but it has it's flaws, such as in the case of two helmets colliding that results in a concussion in most cases

Ya I know what it's like, I've played football but I've seen players unconscious as a result of a head to head collition in soccer, so basically it's the "same".

both sports have their injuries but there's a higher chance of them being severe injuries in football

both are great but I'm just starting to watch soccer there's still some things I don't know about like what constitutes a yellow card or a red card

shanem8481 said:
i kinda makes me mad becuase i know america dosent have its best athleates
out there i mean you dont see many soccer games in school yards........ any sport America isnt good at isnt a sport

I'm not a huge soccer fan at all...I watch it once every 2 years (Euro and World Cup) but that is the most rediculous, close minded comment I've seen on this board in quite some time.

Mindwarp said:
Soccer is more then running, you need to be able to dribble the ball, pass to your open man, steal the ball and move without cause a foul, and get the ball past the 6-8 guys blocking the way. all while not getting a commerical break, or time outs, or being taken out for a breather, (3 subs for game).

Seriously, try it out, YOU would be supprised.

I've played both and I can't say I agree with your posts on this.
Especially not your take on 2 or 3 a day football practices, that one I find quite amusing.
I've been through both and the physical exertion of football camps dwarfs soccer.

It takes a lot more than being in just running shape to survive on a football field.

The talk of soccer athletes running constantly is a crock as well. Guys walk and jog much of a game when the action is away from them. I'm not saying they are not athletes that are in top shape but I am saying that the non stop running claims are way overstated.

I never enjoyed playing soccer and I'd rather watch paint dry than watch a game JMO.

Amars said:
HERE IS WHY SOCCER WILL NEVER BE AS POPULAR AS OTHER SPORTS IN US

There is no $$$ for advertiser in the US. Why because there no commercials. I remember watching a game when I was a little kid with my dad who's a big soccer fan and the US broadcast station broke coverage of the game to go to commercial.FREAKIN COMMERCIAL. There no commercial in Soccer. Unlike other sports that have tv timeout and stuff like that. Since kids like sports they grew up watching of course they are not going to like soccer if they don't see it being played professionally. I bet most soccer fans parents also love soccer and watch with them growing up. This is why it is tough for soccer here because the big station cant fill their greedy pockets with more money.

I don't see why they couldn't put tons of commercials on during soccer. While their aren't many breaks there are long stretches of time where nothing at all is happening on the field besides the ball being kicked back and forth across the midfield mark. Some games you could take a 15 min. commercial break and not miss one bit of meaningful action.

unifiedtheory said:
I'm not a huge soccer fan at all...I watch it once every 2 years (Euro and World Cup) but that is the most rediculous, close minded comment I've seen on this board in quite some time.

Yea, it's probably one of the dumbest posts in Finheaven history.

that whole any sport America isnt good at isnt a sport was just a joke you would have had to have read the posts before it my point was oringly any sports America not good at we dont have our best athleats

Back
Top Bottom