Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

nick1 said:
and football is more than running while carring a ball, you have to be strong enough to withstand tackles and avoid tackles by juking, spinning, hurdling, breaking tackles all while keeping hands on the football. I doubt a soccer player could hang on to a ball, withstand a hit and keep going all with heavy pads on

like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKQIPDfRVI0&search=Barry%20Sanders

they cant respond to that

nick1 said:
and football is more than running while carring a ball, you have to be strong enough to withstand tackles and avoid tackles by juking, spinning, hurdling, breaking tackles all while keeping hands on the football. I doubt a soccer player could hang on to a ball, withstand a hit and keep going all with heavy pads on

like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKQIPDfRVI0&search=Barry%20Sanders

You do that in soccer, you need to be strong too. Football is a contact sport that's why you wear helmet, pads and what not, in soccer there's a lot of contact and you have to resist it with virtually no protections on

TotoreMexico said:
You do that in soccer, you need to be strong too. Football is a contact sport that's why you wear helmet, pads and what not, in soccer there's a lot of contact and you have to resist it with virtually no protections on
sure they get contact but no where near the same magnitude, no way you can argue that a soccer player is stronger than a football player. unless you have a soccer player get body slammed to the ground by a 300 pound dude and that player hangs on to the ball and gets up right away, you can't argue that

Wow, those links (both of soccer and Barry S.) are real nice. Not too interested in the discussion, but the links are nice :D

nick1 said:
sure they get contact but no where near the same magnitude, no way you can argue that a soccer player is stronger than a football player. unless you have a soccer player get body slammed to the ground by a 300 pound dude and that player hangs on to the ball and gets up right away, you can't argue that

Duhhh of course not the same magnitude! the point of soccer is to steal the ball not tackle the player

you also need to take into effect the fact that the pads sometimes make the hits even worst, don't ever say a soccer player is tougher, stronger or has it harder than a football player. has a soccer player ever been killed from a head on helmet to helmet collison? I rest my case

it was a fun arguement I see your points and hopefully you see mine, I gotta go to work so I talk to you later

nick1 said:
you also need to take into effect the fact that the pads sometimes make the hits even worst, don't ever say a soccer player is tougher, stronger or has it harder than a football player. has a soccer player ever been killed from a head on helmet to helmet collison? I rest my case

The point of soccer isn't take the guy with the ball down by all means, you need to take the ball without fouling the player.
Want to talk about injuries? I blew out my knee playing soccer, but no, in soccer there's just a minimum contact:rolleyes:

No but a player has died from exhaustion..Marc Vivien Foe...RIP, he died three years ago in the Confederations Cup.

i hope you guys see football player do everhting soccer players do excect we hit

Prime Time said:
No but a player has died from exhaustion..Marc Vivien Foe...RIP, he died three years ago in the Confederations Cup.
and? a football player has died from a heart attack, had a stroke, had to retire from concussions and of course they blow out knees, elbows, whatever else

this time I'm gone for real

Back
Top Bottom