For the Ireland Supporters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Ireland Supporters

Cleetus

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have made it known that I really would like a new GM and front office here but if Ireland can prove me wrong and get us into the playoffs next season I would change my opinion of him. For all the ireland supporters on this board I have a question- What would it take for you to want him out of here? Would another 6-10 or 7-9 season do it? Are you giving him another 2 more years no matter what?

Undecided. I want to see what happens between now and opening day. IMO, he has a chance to redeem his rep.

Ireland is bulletproof.

He will always be considered the most qualified person for the job. Why? Because he currently has "Miami Dolphins" in front of his title. Its only when he loses those words will he be considered trash.

I won't put words in their mouth, but my opinion is you will get few Ireland supporters who will state right now that they will withdraw their support after another sub-500 season. They will make sure they have wiggle room if he is retained.

What you Ireland critics failed to realize is most fans loyalties lie deeper than your usual knee-jerk reactions. I could care less whether you're a dolphin fan or not, and why in the world would you think I would? You mean nothing to me, and you never have, and you never will unless you're willing to give me an incredibly large amount of money for nothing. I've been a dolphin fan since 1970, hell yeah I want them to win, but I go in anywhere regardless.

If we continue to show progress he stays.

If we keep losing, thanks Jeff but lets see who Joe likes from the Packers.

If he does get a new deal it will be highly amusing around here for a few days lol

Not an Ireland supporter, but I don't think it's going to matter what he does. He obviously has photos of Ross in a very compromising scenario. That's the only way an incompetent GM who's resume repeatedly embraces .500 or sub .500 seasons. How many draft picks from the last 5-7 years are still around? How did our 2nd round picks (which are supposed to be your bread and butter guys) pan out for us? Those have to be some good pictures he has on Ross!

This is Irelands 3rd year running the show on his own, he's set himself up nicely with the cap and picks. Considering we are 3 Dan Carpenter missed field goals away from a 9-7 season, I expect this team to go at least 9-7 to 10-6 this year. Playoffs or at least the same record as a playoff team but booted out due to tie breaker is the bare minimum to save his job.

If he does get a new deal it will be highly amusing around here for a few days lol

Just to clear up, we dont know if hes a "free agent". When they announced Ross had resigned Ireland, they refused to reveal the years. The media speculated that it was 2 years because thats how long Sparano's extension was. That rings false to me, as Ross made it apparent that he intended to keep Ireland after he fired Sparano(apparent because the Harbaugh thing...and the fact he did keep Ireland).

No....it's win or get fired this year for Ireland. Not "this continuing to show progress" stuff. That could mean a 8-8 or 9-7 non playoff year this season but according to you that's showing progress and he stays. Playoffs or Ireland is gone this year. Period. No exceptions.

No....it's win or get fired this year for Ireland. Not "this continuing to show progress" stuff. That could mean a 8-8 or 9-7 non playoff year this season but according to you that's showing progress and he stays. Playoffs or Ireland is gone this year. Period. No acceptions.

good for your. Doesnt change my view though. We wont be a playoff team this year its too big a gap in one year.

good for your. Doesnt change my view though. We wont be a playoff team this year ita too big a gap in one year.
we were still in playoff contention week 16 last year. We are on the cusp, and like I mentioned before Dan Carpenter single handedly blew 2 wins for us early in the season.

I could care less whether you're as a dolphin fans or nots, and why in the worlds would you think I woulds? You means nothing to me, and you never haves, and you nevers will unless you're willing to gives me a incredibly large amounts of money for nothings. I've been a dolphins fans since 1970, hell yeah I want them to win, but I go in anywheres regardlesses.

Okay...? LOL.

we were still in playoff contention week 16 last year. We are on the cusp, and like I mentioned before Dan Carpenter single handedly blew 2 wins for us early in the season.

"We were playoff contenders, if only...."

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/92...FBB4F780774E5B98CC80FC0D29F8BD603737D618EA007

"We were playoff contenders, if only...."

[video=youtube;cRInQyUV16k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRInQyUV16k[/video]

"We were playoff contenders, if only Carpenter hadnt missed his kicks!"

Same song, different year. Good teams are able to succeed even if their kickers screw the pooch a few times. For us it sinks our season.

And had Carpenter really screwed us that badly, our general manager probably should have replaced him. Heck, Carpenter has been missing kicks for years, why were we put in this position in the first place?

I have been a fan of his for one reason - I am a Dolphin fan, and I think he is still a member of the Miami Dolphins front office. I come to this site to get new information, not to proselytize. If I knew more than Mr. Ireland I would be in the business of football. Again, since some of the low information users here refuse to understand about control and decision making, they lay all of the blame for the Dolphins troubles at Irelands door. Parcells and Sporano drafted poorly during their time here - was Ireland GM, yes but Parcells was the FINAL decision maker then - put down the game controller and read something about Parcells and his well known decision making control - Were you in the room when Tuna and Tony said Pat White is next - Do you know for fact that Ireland agreed or maybe declined? Something we will never know - but the blame goes to Ireland because he was the GM...I think Mr. Ireland gets this year to prove his value. If he drafts as successfully this year as he has the last two there will be many disappointed users here at Finheaven.

Back
Top Bottom