For the Wanny bashers - important stat... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Wanny bashers - important stat...

JJ777

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We track the effect of 300-yard passers and 100-yard rushers on teams' won-lost records.

300YP -- Last week, 2-2 (.500); Last season, 30-31 (.492).
100YR -- Last week, 9-3 (.750); Last season, 107-44 (.709).

So for those bashing wanny on his statements that he refuses to become a passing team keep the above in mind.

Article Here

JJ777 said:
So for those bashing wanny on his statements that he refuses to become a passing team keep the above in mind.

Article Here
Ummm OK good work on that. I think what people are trying to say is with a predictable offense of run the gut all the time, Miami could have 50 carries and not get 100 yards.

This team doesn't have the hogs up front to depend on for the running game to get wins. This team needs to be more balanced. And it has the players to do so. Bottom line.
But this guy is stubborn and wants to keep this a running team. It's going to be his downfall.

a lot of 300 yard passers get 300 yards because they have no choice but to pass bc they're usually tryin to bring their team back from behind.

JJ777 said:

Article Here

K, same token, how many games were won by teams that ran it more then 30-40 times?

Of course any team that throws 40 times something is wrong. Same thing for a team that runs the ball 40 times. I think we are saying 30-30 would be fine. AJ threw it 31 times and I don't think anyone wants him to throw it 62 times a game. We want balance, not run, run, pass, punt.

WHY THE HELL don't we throw more on first down!?!? Or hell, throw more on second down, so we have more 3rd and shorts. I think our problem is coaching. Simple. We've had a decent QB, a great RB, and a great D and we've gone no where. Time for a coaching change in my book.

MarinoEqualsGod said:
a lot of 300 yard passers get 300 yards because they have no choice but to pass bc they're usually tryin to bring their team back from behind.

WE gotta mix it up!

Back
Top Bottom