For those of us with no clue on Boston's injury... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of us with no clue on Boston's injury...

sbh1602 said:
I did a quick google search and came up with this:

http://www.arthroscopy.com/patendrep.htm

it's not all that detailed, but it's good enough for us who know (in my case, knew ;) ) nothing about the injury...
But the thing is, a rupture(blow out) is different from a partial tear. If it was a rupture they would have called it that and he would NOT have walked of the field.

Assuming the reports, that he walked off the field, are correct.

sbh1602 said:
Is it a partial tear?
It would have to be in order for him to walk off the field. If it's a full tear, then it's called a rupture and would have been reported as so.

Again, this is ASSUMING that the reports of him walking off the field are indeed correct.

The tendon ends are identified and then sewn together. Afterwards, a cast or brace is often used to protect the repair. The length of time required for casting or bracing is usually a minimum of 6 weeks followed by several weeks of rehabilitation.

Call me a homer, but this is for a "full blown" rupture...so if his injury is only a partial tear, wouldn't there be any way possible that he'd be alright by mid-season? :huh:

fint0xicated said:
Call me a homer, but this is for a "full blown" rupture...so if his injury is only a partial tear, wouldn't there be any way possible that he'd be alright by mid-season? :huh:
negative.

fint0xicated said:
I am not a medical expert, but we have had our resident Docs on these forums answer it. In their oppinion, NO, not possble to return this year. Tendons don't scar as well as ligaments. He had this same thing happen to his other knee and he was out for the season. Don't expect him back this year. It will be a miricale if he comes back to 90% of his true form period.

Back
Top Bottom