Former Dolphin Davone Bess arrested after standoff with SWAT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Dolphin Davone Bess arrested after standoff with SWAT

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://deadspin.com/davone-bess-arrested-after-another-bizarre-police-stand-1782342850

This is so sad. Bess was one of my favorite Dolphins. Something happened to him in his final year. He was always a model member of the team, and seemed to be a good guy who overcame a lot, but in his final year with the Dolphins and then trade to the Browns, the guy just cracked. It is really sad to see what has become of him. I hope he can get his life sorted out again.

he grew up in Oakland; his brother's dad, the only father figure in his life, was a drug dealer; at age 10 he witnessed the murder of an uncle. He went to juvenile detention for several months before college. During therapy, he realized he had never really taken the time to account for all the trauma he had experienced in his life -- his coping mechanism had always been to keep plowing through.

Sounds like he's had a pretty tough life, and a history of mental illness. I hope he gets treatment because that's a tough deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...izona-after-barricading-himself-in-his-house/

He has struggled in the past with his illness. This is a sad story but hopfully if anything good comes out of this he can now get the help he needs.

Hate to hear about this. Always thought he was one of the more underappreciated WR we'd ever had. Dude came in from Hawaii, nobody told him he could do what he did, and he was just fearless.

Holy smokes that headline is quite the showstopper.

I imagine he's not having a very good day today. Maybe this can be the catalyst for change he needs.

Looking through his Twitter looks like he cracked from relationship problems, or maybe relationship problems due to mental illness?. I remember this being an issue when he was having all the problems in Cleveland too: https://twitter.com/DavoneBess

Man it really sucks when someone who suffers from mental illness gets 3 felony charges, rather than help for his disease. Get well Bess.

Really sucks that it all came unglued for him. He was a talented football player, and seemed like a good guy. No kid deserves that kind of upbringing.

That's so sad.. and also quite scummy of Ireland to sell Cleveland damaged goods - instead of trying to get him the help he needed to maybe nip it in the bud.

I remember one of our posters mentioned he ran into Bess and a few others at a club during Bess's rookie season.. or maybe even in TC - and was impressed by what a nice, friendly and enthusiastic (as far as playing for the fins) young guy he was :(

I know he overcame a lot of bad influences before he went to Hawaii and hopefully these challenges aren't insurmountable either. Really pulling for him.

Is it possible that this is CTE related? Seems like he has been having delusions or some level of psychosis. Seems young for CTE though.

Is it possible that this is CTE related? Seems like he has been having delusions or some level of psychosis. Seems young for CTE though.

I'd say bipolar/ptsd/personality disorder. Shots the head certainly don't help, but this is classic mental illness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom