Formula One thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by VBCheeseGrater, Sep 2, 2017.

1. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Optimist Homer Finheaven VIP

Could not find an existing thread with the search, so......

Currently watching quali 1&2 at Monza. SPOILERS AHEAD. Due to rain delay already saw q3...what an exciting round of quali..fantastic.

Hamilton grabs record for for poles in stunning fashion.

Good seeing a guy like stroll up there on first row after grid penalties. This should be a fun race to watch.

To anyone not into f1, with the current ferrari/merc. Vettel/Hamilton battle, now is a great time to start watching. Race is tomorrow morning on NBCSN in the states.

Daytona Fin likes this.
  2. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

I used to love F1 but all the recent rule changes are killing the sport

3. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

looks like the Mercs are pulling away now and Ferrari is sliding. it's still a tight championship race though and Singapore should be a better fit for Ferrari than Mercedes, so we'll see.

4. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Optimist Homer Finheaven VIP

Yup, it does seem that way with last couple races but as you say we kinda expected that with Spa and Monza. I'm a Hamilton fan, but I still prefer to see a closely fought championship rather than him running away with anything. Not like the fins, where i'd take 52-3 all game every game.

@uk_dolfan i've only been following closely a couple years, aside from a bit in my youth, so I can't compare to actually watching those older races (have caught up on a ton of history in past 2 years though). But I am enjoying this season. Even last season, looking back on it the Nico/Lewis battle was actually a good one, if one could get past the Mercedes dominance - there's actually a well done youtube documentary out there called "The Silver War" that i'd recommend to any f1 fan, good viewing.