Foster not invited to the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Foster not invited to the draft

Oh man they're cracking down so hard. He doesn't get to travel to New York, but still gets his money. But he lost that trip to New York man, tough blow. Why must the NFL be so cruel to to this man?

I can get paranoid over this. Why would the NFL not invite a guy they KNEW would be drafted, say, top 15? Do they REALLY want his name called, only to have an empty stage? The commish; "Let us remind viewers we didn't invite Mr. Foster to the draft. His ceremonial jersey will be sent to him overnight." Just this alone will make for a VERY interesting draft. What influence will the non-invite have on his selection? Does this mean Conley (a potential rapist) is invited but Foster isn't? Will Conley be uninvited? Can Foster stand outside the building and make a speech to the media (we know they'll be beside him) after his name's called?

I can get paranoid over this. Why would the NFL not invite a guy they KNEW would be drafted, say, top 15? Do they REALLY want his name called, only to have an empty stage? The commish; "Let us remind viewers we didn't invite Mr. Foster to the draft. His ceremonial jersey will be sent to him overnight." Just this alone will make for a VERY interesting draft. What influence will the non-invite have on his selection? Does this mean Conley (a potential rapist) is invited but Foster isn't? Will Conley be uninvited? Can Foster stand outside the building and make a speech to the media (we know they'll be beside him) after his name's called?

Conley is has been accused of a wrongdoing....

Foster has proven that he has done something wrong....

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
More
Source: #OhioSt CB Gareon Conley has decided not to be in Philadelphia for the 2017 NFL Draft.

I gotta side with the NFL on this one as you need to send a message to players, especially new players that you can't be an A-Hole to employees! With that said, I still hope he slides to 22! =)

Conley is has been accused of a wrongdoing.... Foster has proven that he has done something wrong....
I certainly agree, and the NFL *SHOULD* wait for proof, but I'm thinking of the media circus outside the building. "The NFL DOESN'T RESPECT WOMEN." "NFL TO WOMEN . . . DROP DEAD." Which player hurts the NFL image more? This is a league VERY sensitive to violence against women. Proven or not, I'd expect Conley to fall further than Foster just because of the nature of the (alleged) crime.

I certainly agree, and the NFL *SHOULD* wait for proof, but I'm thinking of the media circus outside the building. "The NFL DOESN'T RESPECT WOMEN." "NFL TO WOMEN . . . DROP DEAD." Which player hurts the NFL image more? This is a league VERY sensitive to violence against women. Proven or not, I'd expect Conley to fall further than Foster just because of the nature of the (alleged) crime.

Unless there are huge holes in the story(ies) she tells police over the next couple of days, or she admits she lies before thursday, I can't see him being drafted day 1 or 2.

I really doubt any team wants the stigma of drafting a guy accused of rape. Not to mention legally he can go in the slammer over that type of crime if guilty.

Back
Top Bottom