Franchise Bush? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Franchise Bush?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Bush played well, as did Miller, but has been very inconsistent while making some plays. We can tag Bush for around $7M, while Miller develops. Something to consider over doing the same with Jake for more than double.

Opinions?

I think they could get a long term deal for much less than $7 million a year before having to go the franchise route.

I would franchise him if we cannot land a deal before free agency. Can't let playmakers walk and it seems like the staff likes him. Leaders need to be here, bush is one

Bush played well, as did Miller, but has been very inconsistent while making some plays. We can tag Bush for around $7M, while Miller develops. Something to consider over doing the same with Jake for more than double.

Opinions?
:lol:
yeah either Bush or Carpenter. I would tag Carp first personally. Tag Bush, now that is really funny.

I would not Pay bush close to 8 million for a season

joel-1.jpg

There is a reason why we pass on every 3rd and short. Bush is TERRIBLE as a every down back. He is at best a 3rd down back. He has a negative DVOA, negative VOA, has negative Eyards, and is ranked as the 33rd back in the league. He is fairly good when we don't need him. Has a good track record when we are blowing teams out, but when games are close he is horrible. Miller has higher numbers in every single category.

Bush is the ultimate Madden/video back, but in real life he is not the kind of back that wins games. He is the exact opposite of Rice, who plays his best when games matter. Bush is a loser and always will be, and will make the teams he plays for either cut him loose or go down with him.

I would not Pay bush close to 8 million for a season

joel-1.jpg
I wouldn't pay him 8 dollars a season. The only way I would pay him is if he needed plane fare. I hope he goes to the jets. We could NEVER lose if he was playing for them.

KTOWNFINFAN...

JUST wow.. what did Reggie do to you????

KTOWNFINFAN...

JUST wow.. what did Reggie do to you????
A chance at watching my fins in the playoffs for one thing. I'm sorry but not since AJ Feeley have I disliked a dolphins player as much as I do Reggie. Might throw a bigger party when he signs elsewhere than others do when Ireland leaves. :lol:
Lucky for me Reggie will be gone before Jeff.

A chance at watching my fins in the playoffs for one thing. I'm sorry but not since AJ Feeley have I disliked a dolphins player as much as I do Reggie. Might throw a bigger party when he signs elsewhere than others do when Ireland leaves. :lol:
Lucky for me Reggie will be gone before Jeff.
Hope he resigns just to piss you off and your blind hate.

That would be a mistake. It is absolutely in Reggie's best interest to re-sign here. We should be able to get him back for something reasonable. He'll have few opportunities around the league to be featured the way he is here and with his advancing age he needs to make these last few years count.

I'm glad we have hatred for a guy who has 950 yards rushing, and has around 300 receiving. Can't have too many threats around a young franchise qb right??

Notice the guy posting multiple times in this thread, one laughably desperate comment after another. Can you imagine the horror these Reggie knockers feel when he makes a big play, or several? They know darn well there will be positive Reggie threads popping up, and they absolutely can't take it. Hey, it's an entertainment business and we have our own crew. :lol:

And now we're citing DVOA and similar. Yeah, that's the site run by the genius who doesn't think rushing attempts has any correlation to victory. He was totally wrong in the old days. The rules have switched to make him only partially wrong, but he's still flat wrong. I have numerous betting systems to prove it, ones based on halftime rushing attempts not reflected on the scoreboard. And systems based on how a team fares the following week if they didn't run the ball frequently a week earlier. Hey, I hope Schatz keeps it up. You need ignorance prominently masqueraded as reality. I wasn't surprised when he incorporated fantasy because that's all it is.

Just because it doesn't make financial sense to franchise him doesn't mean he shouldn't be re-signed. Unfortunately Sean and Hartline have us in a position of weakness and we will probably end up overpaying them. Reggie though is better served not to get greedy. He obviously likes being the focus of an offense and he's been effective here. This is a good situation for him, he should do all he can to stay.

Back
Top Bottom