Franchise Landry is the right move. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Franchise Landry is the right move.

kingfin23

This is the Year
Reaction score
He wants 15 to 16 a year anyway. So tag him will open up trades. Bears are good suitors for us. Move up 3 spots in the draft , and get there 2nd rounder. Even if we can't strike a trade. We can afford the best player hands down on our team for least anther year. Parker will fan out like usual. This keeps our playoff team together for anther season when Tannehill was healthy. It's clear the franchise tag is the way to go. Why let our best player go when you can easily retain him anther year with possible bomb trades.

def could get more than a 3rd for him that folks have been tossing around as a comp pick if we lose him, but if that is their plan why not pull the trigger this past deadline then drag things out for another year when its obvious we werent going anywhere with cutler at qb this year.

def could get more than a 3rd for him that folks have been tossing around as a comp pick if we lose him, but if that is their plan why not pull the trigger this past deadline then drag things out for another year when its obvious we werent going anywhere with cutler at qb this year.
Probably cause the offers was not what they was looking for.

Stills, Parker, Grant and Carroo? Sorry but that's just disgusting. This team just ain't in position to let Landry walk due to the fail of Carroo and Parker. My dream deal is Cleveland. Get there 2nd rounder and Josh Gordan. Ok so he smoke the weed. He been clean 2 years and it's past his life. He still looks like a beast

If you want a comp pick, that means you can't sign any good free agents, correct? This team has way too many needs to skip free agency and just sign other teams cut players, all while hoping the NFL will give you fair value. I agree that we should franchise or at least tell him we will if he doesn't sign long term with us, assuming we're not far apart in deal parameters.

He wants 15 to 16 a year anyway. So tag him will open up trades. Bears are good suitors for us. Move up 3 spots in the draft , and get there 2nd rounder. Even if we can't strike a trade. We can afford the best player hands down on our team for least anther year. Parker will fan out like usual. This keeps our playoff team together for anther season when Tannehill was healthy. It's clear the franchise tag is the way to go. Why let our best player go when you can easily retain him anther year with possible bomb trades.

I’d do that in a heartbeat

I believe he has to sign the tender to trade him. Good luck with that if you’re trying to move him to a team he’s not down with.

If we franchise him to try to trade him, how many teams are willing to pay top 5 wr money for a slot receiver and also give up a second rd pick? There is a reason trades like this are extremely rare.
Also, I think signing a free agent receiver effects the comp pick. That's why Caroo, Grant, and practice squad guys are here.

If you want a comp pick, that means you can't sign any good free agents, correct? This team has way too many needs to skip free agency and just sign other teams cut players, all while hoping the NFL will give you fair value. I agree that we should franchise or at least tell him we will if he doesn't sign long term with us, assuming we're not far apart in deal parameters.

Teams can get around this rule by targeting players who are released, since those players' contacts didn't technically run the course and expire.

Back
Top Bottom