Free agency fits: Kirk Cousins to Browns? Le'Veon Bell to Bucs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agency fits: Kirk Cousins to Browns? Le'Veon Bell to Bucs?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Andrew Norwell, offensive guard

Potential fits: Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers, Miami Dolphins.

If he reaches the market, Norwell is likely to become the richest guard in the league. The All-Pro is a solid player and probably better than Kevin Zeitler, who landed a lucrative deal from the Browns last offseason. The Niners should have tons of money to spend and would surely love to add additional protection for Jimmy Garoppolo. The Dolphins are currently projected to be facing a tighter cap situation, per OverTheCap.com, but they need help up front and, if they can swing the numbers, would do well to add Norwell.

Bashaud Breeland, cornerback

Potential fits: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots.

Breeland is not as good as A.J. Bouye, but he does remind me of last year's marquee free-agent cornerback. Breeland, who has shown in his four years with the Redskins that he can cover the opposition's best receiver, would pair nicely with Stephon Gilmore in New England or Xavien Howard in Miami.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ts-kirk-cousins-to-browns-leveon-bell-to-bucs

I don't know if I've ever seen a FA QB market like this one.

Drew Brees
Kirk Cousins
Case Keenum
Sam Bradford
Nick Foles
AJ McCarron
Teddy Bridgewater

This could really shake up the first round depending on who goes where....

Cleveland, NYG, Denver, NYJ in the market in the top 10.

Arizona & Buffalo primed for a move up.

Teams looking to the future....Baltimore, Cincy, Pit, Jax, NOLA, Minnesota. Maybe even the Chargers.

12 teams could be in the market for a QB. 7 potential starters in FA. 4 or 5 potential QB's in the 1st or 2nd round. Some of these players may overlap as teams add a short term FA and draft a QB to groom. Hopefully a lot of trade-ups for QB before we pick so other talent drops.

If 4 QB's go top 10 then we are guaranteed one of the top 7 non-QB players.

Chubb, Nelson, Barkley, Ridley, Fitz, James, Vea.

Drew Brees
Kirk Cousins
Case Keenum
Sam Bradford
Nick Foles
AJ McCarron
Teddy Bridgewater

Teams looking to the future....Baltimore, Cincy, Pit, Jax, NOLA, Minnesota. Maybe even the Chargers.

12 teams could be in the market for a QB. 7 potential starters in FA. 4 or 5 potential QB's in the 1st or 2nd round. Some of these players may overlap as teams add a short term FA and draft a QB to groom. Hopefully a lot of trade-ups for QB before we pick so other talent drops.

There are more potential starters than there are needs. It will be interesting

The Jags could also rescind the option for Bortles and sign Kirk Cousins (if they are smart). His wife is from Atlanta, Wiki says his Dad is in Orlando but they built a house on Lake Michigan so maybe his mom lives there? Not sure.

Drew Brees - returns to NOLA

Teddy Bridgewater - awaiting NFL decision on contract tolling while on PUP.

Last edited:
I love Norwell and would like to see him in a Dolphins uniform, however, I think he might be too rich for our blood right now as he is looking to get paid big time something I think we can't afford right now. As far as the CB position goes, this is not an area of need as far as FA is concerned.

I love Norwell and would like to see him in a Dolphins uniform, however, I think he might be too rich for our blood right now as he is looking to get paid big time something I think we can't afford right now. As far as the CB position goes, this is not an area of need as far as FA is concerned.
Contracts are usually structured in a way that cap numbers are low in the first year so at least for 2018 it wouldn’t be a problem to fit him under the cap.

Drew Brees
Kirk Cousins
Case Keenum
Sam Bradford
Nick Foles
AJ McCarron
Teddy Bridgewater

Foles is not a FA. I'm guessing Philly keeps him for another season unless they get a ridiculous offer. Wentz was injured late in the season. He will not be ready to start the season.

McCarron to Cleveland is a real possibility now, although it is McCarron's choice now. If he does sign with Cleveland, they become a real trade down possibility. Any team looking to trade up likely takes a QB anyway. Impact on Miami depends on whether they are getting offers from other top 10 teams or teams outside the top 10.

I don't think Keenum, Bradford, or Bridgewater impacts a team's decision in the top 10 to take a QB. IMO, they are more likely to be options for teams too late in the draft to get a QB. One or more will stay in Minn. I would not take on Bridgewater's injury risk. It will be interesting if Minn tries to keep two of the three.

And this line of thought is why we've been looking for even somewhat competent guards for YEARS. Enough. Shell out the ****ing money and fix the ****ing o-line ONCE AND FOR ****ING ALL. And I don't wanna hear 'oh we'll just draft a guard in the middle rounds'. No. No. **** THAT. IT NEVER WORKS. PAY A ****ING GUARD.

And this line of thought is why we've been looking for even somewhat competent guards for YEARS. Enough. Shell out the ****ing money and fix the ****ing o-line ONCE AND FOR ****ING ALL. And I don't wanna hear 'oh we'll just draft a guard in the middle rounds'. No. No. **** THAT. IT NEVER WORKS. PAY A ****ING GUARD.

Norwell was undrafted. The problem isn't drafting in the middle rounds. The problem is drafting the wrong guy.

Kirk Cousins is the best QB to ever hit UFA?

I mean, Gil Brandt is about as old and out of his mind as possible...

Brees with the labrum, didn't matter, SB and one of the top statistical QB's of all time.

What about an aged Peyton Manning with a neck who still had the most prolific season ever, after his neck?

But yes Gil, Kirk Cousins who's own team doesn't want him, who is nothing without McVay, is the best QB ever to be a UFA....

SMDH....

Love the shot also at the dolphins "Shotty" QB play.

Tannehill might be better then "The best ever QB to hit UFA"...

Sign me up.

Cant be surprising as ive also been champioing the Quenten Nelson bandwagon. Signing Norwell and drafting Nelson is the ultimate plan 1A for me.

Realistically signing Norwell frees up the 11th pick for a defensive player. Which might happen anyway because Nelson will likely be gone.

If my choices are Norwell at 14 million or Landry at 14 million......its a no brainer. Although i dont expect either play will get that.

Back
Top Bottom