Free Agency thoughts on the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agency thoughts on the draft

TexanPhinatic

I Pity the Fool
Reaction score
As we all knew, Free Agency would play a big part in who we draft. After this initial flurry of signings, and the rumors of more to possibly come, I think we can start looking to firm up some draft questions and thoughts.
Frankly, I think we are pointing right at Jake Long atm. With Randy Starks on board, got to think he will take up a DE spot that Chris Long would fill. We still have Holliday, Wright, Roth and JT on the team. These 4 seem to make Clong passable.
Gholston? Well, we still need to sign him, but the Calvin Pace rumors are strong and he would largely fill that pass rushing OLB spot. And we still do have Porter for a few more years.
Offensively, we gutted the OL this offseason. Basically only 2 starters will return in Carey and Satele, and the depth chart was really shaken up as well. We brought in a good guy in Smiley, but with Flozell remaining with Big D, we have no viable LT candidate unless we are convinced Carey is a long term answer. And I just dont think we do. Move in Long, plug in a guy like Mormino at the other G spot, and suddenly our OL becomes very young, but still pretty solid with HUGE room for growth. Long/Smiley/Satele/Mormino/Carey.

I think those 3 guys, the Longs and Gholston, have pulled away from the pack a bit (along with McFadden), and seeing our activity so far, it just seems to point to Jake. Will need a few more things to fall in place though (Pace signing namely), but I think we can make him the front runner.

Just my initial thoughts here from FA day 1. :hi5:

Back
Top Bottom