Free Agent QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent QB

Dphins

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I just looked at a list of QB that would could be unrestricted FA if they don't get the tag. Drew Brees, Matt Hasslesback, Mike McMahon, and Quincy Carter were just some of the names on the list. Personally I wouldn't mind Bringing Mike Mcmahon on and letting him compete with AJ for the Starting Job. If anything he is a solid #2 who normally provides a spark when he comes in for Detroit and given an opportunity he may be a good starter and I don't think you would have to spend too much.

Brees aint going anywhere....Hasselbeck isn't worth the money he'll command....and frankly, Sage would be as good a choice as either McMahon or Carter if we're shopping for a back-up.

inFINSible said:
Brees aint going anywhere....Hasselbeck isn't worth the money he'll command....and frankly, Sage would be as good a choice as either McMahon or Carter if we're shopping for a back-up.
Ageed! And it comes with the added benefit of not F*ing with AJs head. If we can keep the "competition and controversy" to a minimum it would benefit all of us.

Sage is the same type of QB as Feely a pocket QB McMahon or Carter would give us some mobilty and a different look at QB and they both have more experience than Sage ane are more ready to start if need be. I don't think Feely would feel any pressure that Sage would take his JOb.

If the starter is a pocket passer with limited mobility, then the back-up needs to be the same type of player, IMO.

I don't want the line blocking for a pocket passer and then having to figure out how to block for a guy that's always moving around.

I like Holcomb as our backup! If Feeley falls on his face, Holcomb could start, he has done well with a Browns team with no RB's and Wr's!

And he would be cheaper then most!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I like Holcomb as our backup! If Feeley falls on his face, Holcomb could start, he has done well with a Browns team with no RB's and Wr's!

And he would be cheaper then most!
What makes you think he would be available? I hear Garcia wants out (no closet jokes please). If Garcia leaves and Holcomb is gone I assume Cleveland would be in the market for a qb. Good for us as it would mean another interested team would need to leap the #3 oveall to get said QB. :D

Bowl_Bound said:
What makes you think he would be available? I hear Garcia wants out (no closet jokes please). If Garcia leaves and Holcomb is gone I assume Cleveland would be in the market for a qb. Good for us as it would mean another interested team would need to leap the #3 oveall to get said QB. :D
I believe he is a FA, so it depends on which way the new coaches and GM go with the Browns. He just might be fed up being in Cleveland!

inFINSible said:
If the starter is a pocket passer with limited mobility, then the back-up needs to be the same type of player, IMO.

I don't want the line blocking for a pocket passer and then having to figure out how to block for a guy that's always moving around.
Hehe, I just want a line that can block. Although you do have a good point. :)

Back
Top Bottom