Free Agent Tracker: Avery Williamson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent Tracker: Avery Williamson

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usa_today_10510746.0.jpg

Williamson was drafted out of Kentucky by the Tennessee Titans in the 5th round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Over the course of his four seasons with the Titans, Williamson has played in 63 of 64 possible games, while starting 59. The 25-year old linebacker has recorded at least 90 tackles in each of the past three seasons and has 11.5 sacks over the course of his career.
What makes Williamson a valuable asset to any linebacker corps is his versatility. He’s a solid tackler and capable pass rusher, but he also vastly improved in pass coverage over the course of his tenure in Nashville. In Tennessee’s 3-4 defense, Williams lined up as an inside linebacker, but would likely be able to line up on the inside or outside in Miami’s 4-3 scheme.
https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/2...-titans-linebacker-miami-dolphins-free-agnecy

I wish I could say I'd feel confidant in the Dolphins signing a linebacker and having that player play like they did on their previous team or even playing better. Than I think about Karlos Dansby, Danelle Ellerbe, Akin Ayodele, Kevin Burnett and so forth.

Roseman will bitch slap Tannenbaum and take his first born with any dealings between us and them

The sad thing is ... Dansby, Ellerbe and Burnett weren’t very good in PHINS uniforms, and we are using that as a benchmark. That says just how bad our LBs have been for a very long time. Even Zach is only HoF material for those with rose colored glasses .... he was good, even PHIN great, but no where near NFL great.

Williamson is definitely someone I’m looking into signing. He definitely plays the Mike role well. I remember one year the Titans moved him to Sam and he didn’t do as well as he should have, so they moved him back to MIKE and he performed well again. Count me in.

The sad thing is ... Dansby, Ellerbe and Burnett weren’t very good in PHINS uniforms, and we are using that as a benchmark. That says just how bad our LBs have been for a very long time. Even Zach is only HoF material for those with rose colored glasses .... he was good, even PHIN great, but no where near NFL great.

Ya he was only a 7 time pro bowler, 5 time first team all pro, and a member of hof all 2000’s team. But sure he was just “good.”

Williamson is definitely someone I’m looking into signing. He definitely plays the Mike role well. I remember one year the Titans moved him to Sam and he didn’t do as well as he should have, so they moved him back to MIKE and he performed well again. Count me in.

Williamson looked like someone ready to make a big splash as a Senior, after a very good Junior season, but he took a step back. I haven't followed him closely in Tennessee, but I've seen him flash, and he's a solid athlete. I'll have to go watch some Tennessee games before forming an opinion on what he'd mean to Miami, but I definitely understand the interest.

Go punch yourself repeatedly.

Tell that B.S. to my son Zach

No way this man comes here for cheap........we gotta pass.

he's excellent against the run but can't really cover.

Yeah. He was NFL great.

Rings have a way of greasing a guys way into the Hall.

Zach Thomas was (along with Nick) just about our greatest.

Zach was NFL great, people in this board. SMDH.

I don't have enough energy tonight...

Back
Top Bottom