Free Agent Wish List | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent Wish List

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
As with the Dolphins, there may well be more players from other teams released over the next few days. But, at this point, here's the ideal signings for Miami, imo:

1) Chris Dielman - OG - I think he fits with Cameron's offense and he'll improve even more under Houck. He fills a major need on the interior of the OL. Gotta go after him.

2) Joey Porter - OLB - Though Thomas is the best OLB/DE out there, and is younger - Porter may actually fit better as he can play LB better than Thomas and he will be much cheaper than Thomas (though he won't be a huge bargain). Thomas is going to be expensive and teams like the niners, with a ton of cap space, would be tough to compete against. Porter would immediately fill the weakest spot on the front 7 of the D (Spragan's). We should take a major run at him.

3) LT - McIntosh - he may be the best LT available. It will be hard to get a top LT in the draft who can come in immediately and play. Leonard Davis can play OT or OG, but he's an underacheiver and would struggle at LT.

4) WR - With McCardell, Horn and others out there, it's possible we could get a good, reliable WR - possibly even a very good one in Horn, for less money than we are paying either Chambers or Booker. I would not mind seeing an entire overhaul at WR (except for Welker) - this has been a position of extraordinary inconsistency. I'm all for a fresh start.

i think these are names we look at Dielman, Porter, Napoleon Harris, Mcintosh, Definatly Mughelli, and derrick dockery has to be looked at in case dielman is out of our league

I really like your ideas...I really hope we get Porter as he is my #1 player to get...Imagine having three great leaders on our defense to teach the young guys what football is all about...I also like Brandon Stokley....I did not know that he was a free agent...

As with the Dolphins, there may well be more players from other teams released over the next few days. But, at this point, here's the ideal signings for Miami, imo:

1) Chris Dielman - OG - I think he fits with Cameron's offense and he'll improve even more under Houck. He fills a major need on the interior of the OL. Gotta go after him.

2) Joey Porter - OLB - Though Thomas is the best OLB/DE out there, and is younger - Porter may actually fit better as he can play LB better than Thomas and he will be much cheaper than Thomas (though he won't be a huge bargain). Thomas is going to be expensive and teams like the niners, with a ton of cap space, would be tough to compete against. Porter would immediately fill the weakest spot on the front 7 of the D (Spragan's). We should take a major run at him.

3) LT - McIntosh - he may be the best LT available. It will be hard to get a top LT in the draft who can come in immediately and play. Leonard Davis can play OT or OG, but he's an underacheiver and would struggle at LT.

4) WR - With McCardell, Horn and others out there, it's possible we could get a good, reliable WR - possibly even a very good one in Horn, for less money than we are paying either Chambers or Booker. I would not mind seeing an entire overhaul at WR (except for Welker) - this has been a position of extraordinary inconsistency. I'm all for a fresh start.
like 1,2,3 but why mccardell when there's stallworth? i know he's expensive and injury prone but he's way younger than keenan, even though i have nothing against keenan

The Dielman/Porter combo might be a little too high for us. It's possible, but I don't think Cam and Randy want to bust the bank in one offseason.

So, I think you could see one of the following combos: (to which I'd be happy with both.)

1. Kris Dielman and Napoleon Harris

2. Derrick Dockery and Joey Porter

Horn is old. McCardell is aw well. I don't think we will overhaul our WR corps. I hope we don't sign guys like Horn or McCardell or even Moulds.

The Grid's Wishlist--

1) Dielman -- We need a nice LG, our right side of the line seems solid, just bring in Dielman and a solid LT, we should be good to go.

2) Joey Porter -- Man, him opposite to Crowder and Thomas in the middle? Scaaaary!!

3) McIntosh -- I want him back, he was solid, why not bring him back.

4) Kevin Curtis -- Speedy WR, should come a lot cheaper than the "top WRs" like Stallworth and the gang. He spent his years under Holt and Bruce, I think he learned from the best.

Deilman,stallworth,joey Porter, & Smoot....i Want Them...then Get Trent Green In A Trade....then Pick Up Laron Landry 9th Pick...2nd Round Get Lamarr Woodley....it Would Be Over....

Deilman,stallworth,joey Porter, & Smoot....i Want Them...then Get Trent Green In A Trade....then Pick Up Laron Landry 9th Pick...2nd Round Get Lamarr Woodley....it Would Be Over....

That looks great, they would be a great addition and make us instant contenders.

But, as we both know my friend, this is a $$$$$ Issue. Not sure if we can work it out to afford them all.

Porter, Dockery, Mughelli, maybe Bryant depending on the $ he will command. He is a miami native so it would prob make it easier. I think this is our best situation if we cant have both dielman and porter dockery is still a good lineman but if we got dielman there are no good SLB to sign. Plus porter would bring an attitude to our D that it is lacking.

If this happened it would make it much easier to select quinn or a Landry cuz the LB spot would be covered. We would be able to wait til round 3 for a reciever and could go OL if we take Landry or we can go DB if we take quinn. It would sure up our team for sure lemme no wat you guys think.

Im just letting you know, there's a thing called CAP ROOM.

joey porter wow if we got this guy teams would really fear us they do already with guys like jt and thomas but now that we lost k.carter we have to make a priorty to sign porter..:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom