Free Agents Left | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agents Left

There will be some tempting cuts over the next month heading into June 1st and beyond. Think we will have our "fair share" of threads in regards to signing guys.

Gary Barnridge TE from the Browns.

I want this guy signed ASAP!

Where is he playing though?

Thomas/Fasano is locked in . . . we really like Marquis Gray and gave him an extension. Barnidge will be 32 this year so it is not like he can be depended on for having a big future on the team either.

Not sure he is the fit for us right now.

The thing is Fasono isn't much of a receiving threat, so Barnidge would be on the field in 2 TE sets where we may be passing.

Also good depth in case the injury-prone Julius Thomas goes down - do you really want Fasano as a TE1????

The thing is Fasono isn't much of a receiving threat, so Barnidge would be on the field in 2 TE sets where we may be passing.

Also good depth in case the injury-prone Julius Thomas goes down - do you really want Fasano as a TE1????

Exactly...but I'd think every team would be jumping at the chance to get him. He isn't gonna be expensive right? I looked over his social media and its super down to earth and exactly the kind of guy Gase wants in the locker room.

Fasano can hold his own as a receiver still and his blocking is invaluable. Hell it is the reason why we brought him here. And if Thomas goes down I think you are really discounting Marquis Gray in this whole equation. He played very well last season while Jordan Cameron was making 7 million not loving football.

I'm not saying Barnidge isn't a good player but you can only insure so many positions and I think the team really likes their TE setup as is.

You do realize Fasano only had 8 catches ALL of last year right?

He has zero business being a TE1 if you expect to having a pass catching seam threat.

Gray was intriguing but they like him in the H-back role too, he was a TE2 - TE3 last year.

I think you need 4 good TEs on the roster and would argue as of right now we only have 3.

I'm not sure where we would look to upgrade at at this point... maybe slot cb if someone gets cut later on... a veteran free safety after all the guys drafted this weekend. I wouldn't mind adding a vet lb, but don't see the team doing it. We aren't adding any DL I assume.. TE is possible but covered it already with the top 3 as it is... maybe a veteran center?

Still hope we add Ben Braden for the ol udfa... devonte fields was an lb name discussed as well we may develop

You do realize Fasano only had 8 catches ALL of last year right?

He has zero business being a TE1 if you expect to having a pass catching seam threat.

Gray was intriguing but they like him in the H-back role too, he was a TE2 - TE3 last year.

I think you need 4 good TEs on the roster and would argue as of right now we only have 3.

Fasano is a better receiver than given credit for. I liked him a lot his 1st go round here.

Fasano can move the chains and block extremely well.
He played good for us in the past and I expect it will continue.
Glad he is back.

And on those eight catches, Fasano had as many TDs as Barnidge did last season (two).

Back
Top Bottom