free agents miami should go after | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

free agents miami should go after

Look Like everyone says You builkd a great team through drafting which i agree!! miami neeeds to get a good draft!! Thank god Saban is not drafting he dont know how to draft!!

In FA!! id like Eric steinbach
Leonard davis
Adaluis Thomas
Deon Grant

That good enough for me!! Adress the rest with a great draft

Samuels and Briggs/Thomas i say. CC goes to MLB once ZT leaves and Briggs to teh WOLB spot and we draft a SOLB. thats what I want. :)

O yea, while we are at it, throw in a O linement plz.

Correll Buckhalter, rb. I think he is an upgrade over Morris and Minor. Eric Steinbach, OG/OT. Can play both positions and is still young (27) Max Starks, T or Jordan Black, T. Dwight Freeney, DE. Would pair with Taylor and give miami best DL in the league. Lance Briggs, OLB. Huge upgrade over Spragan and a playmaker. Asante Samuel, CB. Miami needs a playmaker in the defensive backfield. Had 10 picks last year and is younger than Nate Clements. Now before i get bashed, i realize its unlikely miami can afford these top free agents. These are just guy that miami should target. If Wayne holds true to his words, "i dont care how much money it takes," half of these guys on the dolphins next year isnt a pipe dream. This is of course if none of these guys get franchised... Just my wishlist

Wayne can't spend a cent over the cap. And last I heard, the Phins don't have too much to spend.

unfortunately, we prolly wont be able to get any of those guys as their are many teams with more money to spend but if we could get one, id go with asante samuel or nate clements.. 1st off we'd be taking amazing players away from our rivals but more importantly we would provide a huge upgrade to the fins biggest weakness on D, our secondary. I believe were 2 playmakers away on D from being the 07 version of the ravens, a shutdown CB and an OLB.. Hard to find a shutdown corner in the draft but we can always get a good LB in the draft..No to Briggs and yes to A. Thomas but hes gonna want too much

Why do we want Freeny? He had a pretty bad year this year and is no where near the level of JT. I'll take Matt Roth for the next 7 to 8 years over Freeny for a couple.

unfortunately, we prolly wont be able to get any of those guys as their are many teams with more money to spend but if we could get one, id go with asante samuel or nate clements.. 1st off we'd be taking amazing players away from our rivals but more importantly we would provide a huge upgrade to the fins biggest weakness on D, our secondary. I believe were 2 playmakers away on D from being the 07 version of the ravens, a shutdown CB and an OLB.. Hard to find a shutdown corner in the draft but we can always get a good LB in the draft..No to Briggs and yes to A. Thomas but hes gonna want too much

Sammuels has said that he would love to return to NE but he doesn't see NE come up with the money that he is looking for. So meaning he wants to get paid.

Sammuels has said that he would love to return to NE but he doesn't see NE come up with the money that he is looking for. So meaning he wants to get paid.

damn... so it looks like its nate clements or draft.. but question... new england must have soo much money to spend, i mean they dont have the most talented, pro bowl type players on their team, so who is all their money being spent on?

Ricky didnt do anything in the CFL and to be honest does not deserve to play for the miami dolphins. He is well past his prime and a headcase

Buckhalter isn't as good as Sammie Morris either.

Morris is a 3rd string back....a 3rd string back has to be versatile. Buckhalter isn't.

Correll Buckhalter, rb. I think he is an upgrade over Morris and Minor. Eric Steinbach, OG/OT. Can play both positions and is still young (27) Max Starks, T or Jordan Black, T. Dwight Freeney, DE. Would pair with Taylor and give miami best DL in the league. Lance Briggs, OLB. Huge upgrade over Spragan and a playmaker. Asante Samuel, CB. Miami needs a playmaker in the defensive backfield. Had 10 picks last year and is younger than Nate Clements. Now before i get bashed, i realize its unlikely miami can afford these top free agents. These are just guy that miami should target. If Wayne holds true to his words, "i dont care how much money it takes," half of these guys on the dolphins next year isnt a pipe dream. This is of course if none of these guys get franchised... Just my wishlist

Corell Buckahlter - No thanks, we have Ricky
Eric Stienbach - Good enough, sign him!
Max Starks - Sign him!

Jordan Black - No thanks
Dwight Freeney - unlikely, we have K. Carter, Roth & D. Bowens
Lance Briggs - Sign him!
Asante Samuel - Product of the system, no thanks

Asante Samuel - Product of the system, no thanks

How is a cornerback a product of the system? and even if he is that system is a pretty similar 3-4 system that the fins use

I don't see any way that the Colts, who already have had some defensive stuggles don't resign Dwight Freeney. I also don't see Samuel making it to FA. I would love Samuel and Briggs, but we'll have to see if they get resigned.

what about donte stallworth?

Yes! He is the darkhorse here. He is the speedster that could replace Booker, who would clear $3.1mil by being cut/traded.

We could pair Stalworth with Chambers who would then move to slot...and Hagan would play more the possession receiver spot. Plus, he wouldnt cost us a pick as Randy Moss or a 1st round rookie WR would.

Stalworth also wouldnt be as expensive. Im sure that with the $3.1mil we would clear up by cutting/trading Booker...and allowing Welker to sign elsewhere...we would have the cap room to sign Stalworth

Good choice

Back
Top Bottom