Freeh report on Penn State released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Freeh report on Penn State released

I honestly didn't think anything in the report could shock me, but I was wrong. I knew it was bad and I knew Paterno was part of the cover-up, but I couldn't imagine how bad it was.

The NCAA is a joke. Would anybody be shocked if they punish another school for "paying" the players that bring the schools millions (billions over the years) before they ever touch this far worse offense? It's a sad day when UM is more likely to get punished for what it did than Penn State is for covering up CHILD RAPE.

I honestly didn't think anything in the report could shock me, but I was wrong. I knew it was bad and I knew Paterno was part of the cover-up, but I couldn't imagine how bad it was.

The NCAA is a joke. Would anybody be shocked if they punish another school for "paying" the players that bring the schools millions (billions over the years) before they ever touch this far worse offense? It's a sad day when UM is more likely to get punished for what it did than Penn State is for covering up CHILD RAPE.
At this point it's anybody's guess what the NCAA will do. I seriously doubt the Canes will lose more then a bowl game and a handful of scholarships. As for PSU, I think the determining factor may be decided on an assumption of how the football team may have benefited from the truth not coming out when it should have.

That statue of Joe Pa BETTER be torn down soon...thats a start.

The statue isn't going anywhere. This is a school where students were more pissed off about scrutiny against Paterno than they were about children being raped on their campus.

I remember at the time feeling very uneasy about Knight's remarks. They certainly played well before a full house of Paterno supporters. But how could Knight possibly know what really went on at Penn State and what Paterno did or did not know and do about the Sandusky allegations?

Well, today, we learned a lot more about Paterno's role in the sordid affair. And Knight followed up his incendiary January remarks with this official statement:
"Other than my parents, my college coach, Bill Bowerman, was the biggest influence in my life. Bill Bowerman and Joe Paterno shared some great qualities. Throughout Joe Paterno’s career, he strived to put young athletes in a position to succeed and win in sport but most importantly in life. Joe influenced thousands of young men to become better leaders, fathers and husbands.

According to the investigation, it appears Joe made missteps that led to heartbreaking consequences. I missed that Joe missed it, and I am extremely saddened on this day. My love for Joe and his family remains."​
Nike also announced that the child-care center at its corporate headquarters would no longer be named after Paterno. Nike president and CEO Mark Parker announced the move in another statement.
"I have been deeply saddened by the news coming out of this investigation at Penn State. It is a terrible tragedy that children were unprotected from such abhorrent crimes. With the findings released today, I have decided to change the name of our child care center at our World Headquarters. My thoughts are with the victims and the Penn State community."​
Nike has a long relationship with Penn State and will continue to outfit its sports teams. It's understandable that Knight revered JoePa and wanted to honor his legend. But his remarks in January went too far, and now he has had to sheepishly retreat from them.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/62827/phil-knight-issues-statement-on-joe-paterno

Throwing this up since Nike and Phil Knight were brought up. Glad Knight is looking like an idiot.

That statue of Joe Pa BETTER be torn down soon...thats a start.

They should tear it down and replace it with statue of a Nick Saban IMO.

Every college campus should have a statue of Nick Saban, the greatest college football coach in the history of ever.

Id sign-off on one in Coral Gables.

Nike wasted no time removing Paternos name from their day care center at their world HQ.

Oh BS!!!

Yea, they removed his name from a CHILD CARE center NOW. They had to. But, what took them so long? They wait till this report comes out to do it. Anyone with more than half a brain functioning and basic knowledge of how college football works knew the very day this story broke that Joe Paterno was the man in charge at Penn St and was the person who made the decision to cover it up. Im stating that Phil Knight, being the head of a huge business has common sense and Phil Knight having a business that works with college programs knows how those systems work and therefore couldve connected the dots himself without a Freeh report. The fact is, he didnt care. He loved Paterno then and he loves him now(as he stated today) despite knowing what Paterno's actions were in this matter. Based on this common sense I have, I say Nike is Pro child rape and therefore I will never purchase any of their products or knowingly support their business in any way. To do so, would be pro child rape.

Here is what the scumbag and pro child rapist Phil Knight said at the Paterno memorial...........

[video=youtube;p8_ffep9bmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_ffep9bmc[/video]

Obviously a man who has no issues with Paterno's conduct. That of course means that like Paterno himself, Knight has no issues with others raping young boys.

They should tear it down and replace it with statue of a Nick Saban IMO.

Every college campus should have a statue of Nick Saban, the greatest college football coach in the history of ever.

Id sign-off on one in Coral Gables.

Nick Saban wrote the book on how to win games and rake in profits without letting your assistant coaches rape little boys.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...enabled-jerry-sandusky-lying-remaining-silent

Instead, he lied. And by doing so, Paterno betrayed himself, his legacy, his university and, most of all, the children who were victims of Sandusky's serial pedophilia.
May 13, 1998, 2:21 p.m. Curley emailed Schultz 10 days after Victim 6 was assaulted by Sandusky in the shower.
"Anything new in this department? Coach is anxious to know where it stands."
Coach Joe Paterno.
Jan. 12, 2011. Paterno testifies before the grand jury.
Question to Paterno: "Other than the [2001] incident that Mike McQueary reported to you, do you know in any way, through rumor, direct knowledge or any other fashion, of any other inappropriate sexual conduct by Jerry Sandusky with young boys?"
Paterno: "I do not know of anything else that Jerry would be involved in of that nature, no. I do not know of it. You did mention -- I think you said something about a rumor. It may have been discussed in my presence, something else about somebody. I don't know. I don't remember, and I could not honestly say I heard a rumor."
Paterno knew. Spanier knew. Curley knew. Schultz knew.
Now we know.
The Paterno family insists that the all-time winningest coach in major college football history was deceived and fooled by Sandusky, that JoePa had a blind spot that lasted from 1998 to 2011.
"To think, however, that [Paterno] would have protected Jerry Sandusky to avoid bad publicity is simply not realistic," said the family in its Thursday statement.
Really? Why not? Because the Paternos say so?
Paterno could have spoken out in 1998, but didn't. He could have spoken out in 2001, but didn't. Whatever his motives, he did nothing or, in the case of the 2001 assault incident witnessed by McQueary, he did the absolute minimum.

And just for good measure, linked this article to show Paterno commiting perjury.

How can there even be a debate about tearing down the Paterno statue? How can there even be a discussion? What school wants this sort of legacy?

Thank god i never went to school there.

ESPN is a ****ing joke as well. They are getting real close to Nike status with me if they continue to roll Matt Millen out there to try and soften the blow to Joe Paterno. How they can have Chris McKendry and others sit there and speak with him without HAMMERING on him for his blatent attempts to downplay Paterno's role in this is ridiculous.

The least they can do is put out a statement and say that ESPN does not agree with Millen's take on this issue. The only guy Ive seen go at Millen a bit is the dude they had on OTL who is sometimes on ATH, I dont know his name because I dont watch that garbage, but when Millen tries to place more blame on the school President than Paterno, this guy lets him have it a little with a bit of a GET REAL and states everyone knows Paterno was the man in charge.

Millen, like so many other Paterno fluffers, needs to get over it already and just admit Paterno is morally currupt, shouldve went to prison, and is a complete disgrace to the University. Stop talking about all the good stuff he did and try and act like he made one big mistake. This was more than a big mistake. This was a criminal act.

Joe Paterno was a very bad human being. Stop telling me how he was such a great influence and taught his players how to be a man and do the right thing. If he told people they should do the right thing, Paterno was a huge ****ing hypocrite. He did the totally wrong thing in the worst and most critical of situations when doing the right thing was imperative.

I simply cant think of people who I would say would not have done the right thing in that situation. Who the hell would cover up pedophilia to protect their own interests? Thats real ****ing low. Aside from committing the act of raping little boys, thats about the next worse thing. Am I wrong?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b..._center_suddenly_switch_to_public_access.html

The handful of students and alumni that gathered in Penn State's student center this morning to watch the release of the Freeh report live were stunned when the channel suddenly switched.
While most of campus was still sleepy, the small group was viewing CNN on a large screen, or one of several smaller screens nearby, in anticipation of the 9 a.m. release of the report on the sex abuse scandal that has gripped the school.
Most were hoping that the report, part of a seven-month probe by former FBI Director Louis Freeh, would exonerate legendary football coach Joe Paterno. But, just as an anchor was ready to speak about the report, the television screens suddenly went blank. They then turned to a public access channel featuring a reporter from The Morning Call newspaper in Allentown about the state budget.

And now Penn State is covering-up the interview that talked about the cover-up.

Yup, they totally learned their lesson.

****ing disturbing...as a father, that **** is ****ed up and sick. **** all those sick ****s. I tell you what, if ANYTHING every happened to my son. I would not sleep till EVERYONE involved was dead.

The Paterno family just needs to stop speaking to the media and releasing statements.

They're embarrassing themselves at this point by sticking up for JoePa. I know that he's family and you're supposed to support family, but they just need to keep quiet and out of the news.

Back
Top Bottom