From the UK to watch us play the Jets Oct 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From the UK to watch us play the Jets Oct 22

syborg

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi - so I am in Orlando with my family and we are going to drive down to Miami to take in the Jets game on the 22nd Oct.. we have seats in section 345.. what are the views like from here?

What advice do you have on driving and parking on the day.. I see the Turnpike is a toll road.. how does this work and what is the cost?

Any useful advice will be welcome to help our first excursion to Hard Rock and Miami a success and possibly convert my step son over to this amazing sport and game.. which will of course be helped by us stuffing the Jets.. lol

Those are excellent seats. Dolphins side between the 30/40 yard line. Its up high but you will see the whole field easily.

If coming from Orlando that morning you certainly will want to utilze the Turnpike. If your family has a Sunpass, I believe roundtrip would be around $25. Worth every penny.

If they have Sunpass you can park Orange for $25 or you can also search the ticket sites for a better parking area closer to game time. As a local I am concerned about saving money, as a one time visitor maybe go all out and get their early and get a more expensive parking pass option to be in the middle of the hardcore fans.

Bring beer, food, a grill, a football to throw around and Dolphins gear to wear.

Some more seasoned veterans can provide more info but tht is my early hot take on it.

I have about 5 Dolphins Jerseys.. #23 Brown #17 Tannehill #93 Suh #91 Wake and a #23 personalized (the 23rd is my birthday) I did have a #54 Thomas but its worn away to a dish cloth... LOL

Thank you for that info.. how do I buy a sunpass.. can I order it online or do you buy them from a retailer/store?

For some reason I thought you were visiting Orlando to see family, but I am guessing you and your family are visiting Orlando and you will have a rental.

I would inquire about Sunpass at the rental car place. Pretty much all rentals have them now, but you have to deal with potential usuage fees. Trust me being in Orlando, it is toll road heavy up there, so you will want one.

You can also visit a Publix and get one for $5 and I believe it include $5 in tolls and you can add to it.

You can pay tolls cash for the most part but betwen the wait lines and no discount for having a Sunpass, the convenience of having one just makes sense.

Yes we are over for a family holiday to Disney.. a wedding gift.. but while there my wife wanted to me to fulfill my dream of finally (after being a Miami fan pre Marino era) of getting to a home game there..and so we are renting and driving down..

Cool, enjoy! Very jealous.

We are thinking of doing a honeymoon in the Orlando area (mainly for the parks, could even stay at Disney) and heading down to Miami for a game

I'll be at the Jet's game as well. I'm pretty sure my wife an I will be holding the American Flag for the National Anthem. :) We will plan on tailgating at E 12 with the Finheaven tailgate and Henrik. It's always so fun going there.

Hi - so I am in Orlando with my family and we are going to drive down to Miami to take in the Jets game on the 22nd Oct.. we have seats in section 345.. what are the views like from here?

What advice do you have on driving and parking on the day.. I see the Turnpike is a toll road.. how does this work and what is the cost?

Any useful advice will be welcome to help our first excursion to Hard Rock and Miami a success and possibly convert my step son over to this amazing sport and game.. which will of course be helped by us stuffing the Jets.. lol
I have tickets in 346 and 347. 347 is basically like 345. Home side 30/40 yard line (depending where your seats are). Excellent seats.

If you have a rental car tell them to enable the sunpass. Most rental car companies have that option. You can get your own at any Publix grocery store. But you don't have to. The Turnpike is also "toll-by-plate". You can use the Sunpass lanes and then your rental car company is billed and they take it from your CC on file. The latter is the most expensive option though since there will be some administrative fees as well.

Parking will be easy (though depends when you are arriving). The Turnpike goes right into the stadium parking lot. I will update the directions in the tailgate thread sometimes this week.
If you want the full experience join us at our tailgate. But you should arrive early which means an early departure from Orlando. Depending on how fast you drive and traffic you should expect to drive 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

If the game is anything like the meeting in Wk 3 I apologize in advance for the time and money wasted.

Back
Top Bottom