Frustration mounts for DeVante Parker, ready for “big” season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frustration mounts for DeVante Parker, ready for “big” season

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Hope he's hungry and ready to dominate. Love our offenses potential if Tannehill has time to throw and the backs lanes to run through

Don't believe now, nor have I ever believed, this kid is tough enough MENTALLY to be a pro.

Devante's storyline always reminds me of that surfer movie Blue Crush. He can climb the ladder like no other, it's the falling down part that reminds me of the mental hurdles he has to overcome, just like that little surfer girl with hitting her head on the coral.

I mean, Chambers was pretty much done with the spectacular ladder grabs after the Denver Game(Kenoy Kennedy).

For Parker, that ability is his most dangerous weapon... and it's kinda been on hiatus since he landed on his back last year.

O.v.e.r.r.a.t.e.d.

Another first round Miami pick that takes three years to become an average player in the league.

LD

I'm a big fan of DeVante Parker. IMHO, DVP can become a dominant #1 WR. He has the talent to compete in the AJ Green stratosphere.

While I'm very glad to hear Christensen's positive outlook, and similarly happy to hear Parker's words ... but, they are just that. Words. It's time for Parker to walk the walk. I get how he could be injured rushing back as a senior and not ever fully getting well. That's not actually uncommon. But he should have been healthy last season, and he wasn't. He didn't take the approach to keeping his body in shape that he needed. Guys like Wake and Landry do ... and Parker needs to do so as well. He got a pass his rookie season. He used his Mulligan last year. We've seen the flashes ... we are impressed ... now he needs to be the professional we drafted and earn his paycheck.

Personally, I'm expecting him to do just that. I'm expecting him to be healthy, durable, and dominant. I'm expecting him to erase any doubt that he is our #1 WR and as good as any WR taken in his draft. I'm expecting a Pro-Bowl season for a player that is a matchup nightmare for CB's. I'm expecting to see his phenomenal catch-radius allow him to shield the fast CB's from the ball. I'm expecting his length and leaping to high-point the ball over the smaller CB's. I'm expecting his deceptive 4.4 speed to pull away from the bigger CB's. I'm expecting him to benefit from 1v1's when the safety fears Stills' speed. I'm expecting him to consistently win 50/50 balls. And, I'm expecting him to generate a lot of yards after the catch. Because IMHO, this kid is special. Now, in season three, is the time to show it.

No hamstrings, no feet, no dehydration, no showing up late ... no more letting things in his control prevent him from showing his best on Sundays.

I will say Devante used to post a bunch of dumb ass videos of him rapping on IG. I haven't seen any of that lately maybe he's ready to ball now

i think it's evident Parker is putting in the extra work this offseason. The main thing I am basing this on is he is doing all the things Landry is doing. He was involved the voluntary group who got together in Miami, Ocho Cinco A. Brown Landry, etc etc, that he wasn't involved in last year. He also did Voluntary workouts with Ryan, Landry, Stills, and Carroo. You didn't see him in those workouts last season either.

I am cautiously optimistic about him this season. His number did improve a lot from year 1, 30 more receptions and almost 300 yards. If he can improve at the same rate this season he would be right where we all hoped he would be when taken in the first round. Better work ethic, 2nd year in the same system, having more familiarity with Ryan, coaching staff learning how to use him, and staying on the field, are all factors that could lead to Parker finally paying off.

I'm interested in your opinion... If Gase is Head Coach when Parker was drafted... do they get him? He doesn't seem to have the intangibles he looks for in a player. Coach is trying to get it out of him, we'll find out this year if it's there.

Our whole 2015 draft class is looking kinda shaky right now...everyone is either a bit soft, underachieving or both, with the exception of Lippett, good return on a 5th round pick there.

Our whole 2015 draft class is looking kinda shaky right now...everyone is either a bit soft, underachieving or both, with the exception of Lippett, good return on a 5th round pick there.
Jay Ajayi ain't too shabby either. But, yeah that draft looks kinda soft right now.

Hahaha! Failed to mention the pro bowl RB we drafted in the 5th round. 4 starters and our nickel cb on our playoff team all from the 2015 draft, and you think that is shaky. I want that shakiness every year! The expectations are crazy on this site.

Jay Ajayi ain't too shabby either. But, yeah that draft looks kinda soft right now.

Whoops, for some reason I thought Ajayi was 2014. But with Parker, Phillips, Jamil Douglas and Bobby McCain being our first 4 picks that year, yea...pretty unsatisfactory.

Back
Top Bottom