Full dolphins report in yahoo sports: Detailed! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Full dolphins report in yahoo sports: Detailed!

A good read but I do not agree with his assessment of Martin being incapable of moving to the left. I anticipate big things from him in his second year much like I expect from Vernon and Miller in year 2. We can not go offensive line in round 1, the fan base will revolt. Secondary or pass rusher in the first, 3 of our next 4 picks should be spent on offensive weapons. Rest of draft used to fill in backups on the offensive and defensive lines.

Good find bro. I agree with the above poster. If the draft started today I would like to see 3 of our first 4 picks be offensive playmakers with the other pick being corner or pass rusher. Free agency could of course change that. If we sign one of the good WR's before the draft then maybe 2 of the first 4 picks on ofensive play makers

Excellent read, but his perception of the offensive line is putrid at best. I didn't see any drop off from Long to Martin. No thanks on the 10M per year

A good read but I do not agree with his assessment of Martin being incapable of moving to the left. I anticipate big things from him in his second year much like I expect from Vernon and Miller in year 2. We can not go offensive line in round 1, the fan base will revolt. Secondary or pass rusher in the first, 3 of our next 4 picks should be spent on offensive weapons. Rest of draft used to fill in backups on the offensive and defensive lines.

I wouldn't be that mad with O-line in the first as long as they make a huge splash in free agency, like sign both Wallace and Jennings.

If you look at what's available in free agency versus where the depth is in the draft, I'm more convinced than ever we will fill WR (and likely CB) in FA and that first pick will be on Ansah or Mingo. I'm also in agreement that the jury is still out on Martin at LT. Granted, he was cringeworthy at times (getting blown up.. by a corner?!?) but he deserves another offseason in the conditioning program building strength before we completely throw in the towel.

I'd love Mike Wallace and Jennings/Hartline coupled with BOTH Eifert and Ertz in the 2nd and Swopes in the 3rd (or Marquise Goodwin). Look, I know it won't happen, despite Sherman and Philbin both liking multiplie TE sets, but a guy can dream. (Hey, the Pats took two talented TEs back to back in the same draft and it worked, right?)

Long was playing hurt, I believe. There was definite drop off with Martin, imo, but no way in hell it was 8 million dollars worth of drop off. They need to let Long go.

Oh so many directions to go. Can't wait until FA starts to see which path we go down! Also, the combine can't get here fast enough!

did you hear that everyobdy? the fan base will revolt and....and.... not show up to games. oh wait,

I have to agree with PhishyPhishy. No way you can go OL in round 1.

This year Ireland HAS to take a risk and draft an impact player at #12.

Whether that be a pass rusher, a WR, or a ballhawk DB, Ireland HAS to take a risk this year.

JI can sign his departure if he selects an O lineman in the 1st round. The booing Cam Cameron received for the Ginn family selection will be nothing compared to the response Ireland gets for an O lineman this year. And this could easily happen. JI is still a product of the Parcells school of drafting - rule #1) When in doubt on any draft pick go cornfed O lineman.

My wishful plan. .
Trade back in the first and take eifert while also getting another 2nd. Now we have 3 2nd rounders. In the second, draft trufant, Rhodes, and terrance williams. Then in the third get Carradine and Bakhiatari.

JI can sign his departure if he selects an O lineman in the 1st round. The booing Cam Cameron received for the Ginn family selection will be nothing compared to the response Ireland gets for an O lineman this year. And this could easily happen. JI is still a product of the Parcells school of drafting - rule #1) When in doubt on any draft pick go cornfed O lineman.

Depends. If he goes out and lands a big name free agent WR I don't think a lot of the fan base will be all that upset. And If he adds another quality player on top of that in FA I think the fan base will care even less and might, in fact, welcome it, especially if Long leaves.

If Eric Fisher is at 12, you better take him or we will be the laughing stocks of the world. How can you lose your probowl LT have another one drop into your laps, who will cost way less than the prior and not sign him up?

That is pure stupidity. You would be passing up an instant starter for a 240lb DE? or a WR who looks awesome running end arounds and returning kicks for his big plays?

Sorry, that is just plain stupid. You take a player who locks down a position for years to come. There are only slim pickings of elite players in this draft and you pass up on this guy, oh for crying out loud, its like talking to children at the toy store.

My wishful plan. .
Trade back in the first and take eifert while also getting another 2nd. Now we have 3 2nd rounders. In the second, draft trufant, Rhodes, and terrance williams. Then in the third get Carradine and Bakhiatari.

Thats exactly right. you picked a guy who locks down a position with no questions asked and get another pick to get more guys to lock down spots.

Anyone who trades up though is going higher than us in this draft. In fact, dont be surprised if we go up and take Fisher!

Back
Top Bottom