Full round mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Full round mock draft

305finfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1) Zach Martin T/G Notre Dame Plug and play either RT or LG. Instant starter. plays with tenacity, something our ***** of o lineman are missing

2) Stanley Jean Baptiste CB Nebraska Instant Starter Opposite of Brent Grimes. since none of our CB's are healthy enough to stay on the field and none of them have the size, jean baptiste is the perfect fit for the new ERA of CB's

3) Caraun Reid DT Princeton Really made a name for himself this draft process. fast and stout on the DLine. can easily replace soliai or starks and crack rotation early in career.

4) Telvin Smith OLB FSU one of the most athletic LBs in the draft. can cover TE's and RBs with ease. short and sweet, something none of our LBs can do.

5) Curtis Feigt RT WVU depth pick with fantastic measurable. real athletic too. fits the zone scheme good and plays with tenacity. something our ***** of o lineman are missing

6) Tim Cornett RB CORNELL Sleeper 210lb RB, big fast RB to add depth behind lamar miller and hopefully be what daniel thomas was suppose to be, a tough north and south RB

7) Kevin Norwood WR ALABAMA

Looks like something Jeff Ireland would do. so where is your Tight end, your big play wide receiver and or your running back ?

Looks like something Jeff Ireland would do. so where is your Tight end, your big play wide receiver and or your running back ?

This is not the year to fuss over a top pick wr we need linemen and many of them.

Tight end is Charles Clay and Dustin Keller (if he comes back)
Your big play wide receiver is Mike Wallace

Running back needs an upgrade. And linebacker will too when Philip Wheeler gets cut. Lineman are top priority whether its free agency or draft. This is our year for cornfeds, no matter how much you don't want to hear it

Telvin Smith won't last til the fourth round...top 75 guy

baptiste is stiff hipped press corner or move to safety...i think more move to safety guy...would not like that pick...like the 1st and the 3rd though

baptiste is stiff hipped press corner or move to safety...i think more move to safety guy...would not like that pick...like the 1st and the 3rd though

M Huff from Wyoming impressed me in the Senior Bowl. He'd played both CB & S while in Laramie. He could be had on day 3.

If Miami goes DB in the 2nd rd; it s/b Bucannon (SS Washington St).

I really disagree with the high pick on a CB. We just used two high picks on corners, could restructure Patterson or resgin Carroll. Both those guys had a QBR of 60 or less against them when in coverage. I can't see it happening. The most important factor is Coyle, he gets a ton out of secondary players. Look at the Bengals secondaries he made great with the likes of Chris Crocker, Jason Allen and Gerbil Wilson! You don't need to give that guy much to turn them to gold. We have enough pieces there. I also don't understand where people think we'd play a WR. There's some great ones in this draft, but it wouldn't make sense in the first 3 rounds. I don't see fitting them in in front of Wallace, Hartline and Gibson, and I think we have a potentially great guy in Rishard Mathews. TE and RB is where we need to look for new playmakers. Also not high on a lot of the DT's, I think we have some good depth guys and we can sign a cheap rotational guy behind Soliai and Odrick.

Every year I spend countless hours watching gamefilm of the top TE's in the draft and each round we pass on them. Makes me want to cry.

Our first 3 picks should be O-lineman and a RB......end of story.

We are stocked in the secondary and we have picks who still have a ton of upside from last year. There's a log jam on the defensive line, and you could say the same for our receivers. I just don't see why we would use picks on those positions.

I don't know. Given Philbin and Hickey have a two year plan I think you see our line built out of free agency. I wouldn't depend on that in the draft if my job were relying on it.

I think we see a RB in the first two rounds, RB's have a track record of being able to look good as rookies so that might be as close to a can't miss as you can get. Also, they need a WR who is a reliable target in traffic and on a short field. Again, given they have two years it's an immediate need for the offense and to help Tannehill. So I think we see a big WR in the first three rounds,

If I were Philbin and Hickey I wouldn't get to cute. Get what is going to make the Dolphins the best show, and hopefully better team.

Zack Martin OG/OT
Cyril Richardson OG
Morgan Moses OT
Dominique Easly DT
James Wilder Jr RB
Sean Parker SS
Dri Archer RB/WR

I don't see why TE is such a huge need for everyone. Clay had a breakout year, Egnew showed he can make some plays, and you knew what you were getting last year with Dion Sims as a blocking TE. Phins need a true power back and I think free agency is the better was to go because the backfield is already so young. Dri Archer could be a great slot receiver to slice through the seams and can play some RB too. OL was the reason for the majority of the losses last year because they couldn't hold up in the forth quarter when they needed to. Even with free agency I would draft as many high end lineman as possible in the early rounds to turn our weakness into a strength.

Back
Top Bottom