Fullback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fullback

phinfanNY08

Starter
Reaction score
The two best Running backs in the NFL (Tomlinson, Alexander) have great fullbacks leading the way, does anyone think Miami will be in the market for a powerful FB, either through draft of FA. If so, who is available and who would you take?:dolphins:

so does denver i believe. many good teams have great fb's.

I didn't even think about a FB!!! But if we do the R&R is pretty much over... You won't see them on the field that often if we do get a FB!!!

SabanEra84 said:
The two best Running backs in the NFL (Tomlinson, Alexander) have great fullbacks leading the way, does anyone think Miami will be in the market for a powerful FB, either through draft of FA. If so, who is available and who would you take?:dolphins:

We have a FB, his name is D. Barns(I think), he is a truck in a Dolphins uniform.

17-0 said:
We have a FB, his name is D. Barns(I think), he is a truck in a Dolphins uniform.

he is decent but lets not kid ourselves he isnt great

He is good enough but he isnt a top 5 or 10 FB

Alex22 said:

I hate to say this but I can't remember seeing a FB in our back field since Ricky came back!!!:confused: And if someone would have said his name and told me he was one of our starters I would have laughed.

Darian Barnes comes in on running plays, he's actually done a really good job of lead blocking so far this year.

JTaylor99 said:
Darian Barnes comes in on running plays, he's actually done a really good job of lead blocking so far this year.

I've had to listen to most of the games and never heard the annocers say anything about him.... Well now I know who our FB is!! THX

Alex22 said:

He may not be able to catch or run the ball as good as R&R, but he loves to hit people, and the guy that he is supposed to block usually doesn't get a hand on R or R.

ffphin said:
I've had to listen to most of the games and never heard the annocers say anything about him.... Well now I know who our FB is!! THX

Wow, I'm suprised they haven't said anything about him. He may not be Mike Alstott or anyone like that, but I think he's done a real good job blocking.

Well Linnehan really doesnt use Fullbacks very often, plus Barnes is agood blocker and Morris is agood all around Full Back.

The salary a fullback like Neal, Richardson or Alstott would demand is not value for how many times we use them.
Barnes is more than sufficient for our offense which is usually 3 receivers, 1 TE and singleback. Unless on running plays.

Side note: Barnes also caused a huge fumble on ST.

I like the idea of a fullback in the offense, but I prefer having R@R on the field at the same time or 3 wideout sets with McMike. Neal and Mack are very good but even without them Tomlinson and Alexander are the best 2 backs in the league.

We have yet to see what Kyle Eckle can do. I have heard a lot of good about him. (reserve/military)

Back
Top Bottom