Fun fact on why you shouldnt panic about 1st game: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fun fact on why you shouldnt panic about 1st game:

Quadfather

Club Member
Reaction score
Back in 2003, they New England Patriots lost their opening game to the Buffalo Bills 31-0. Tom Brady was 14-28 for a 123 yards and 0 tds and 4 ints. They went on to win Super Bowl 38 that year. Im not saying were going to win the super bowl this year or even that Tannehill is tom brady, but at least watch for the first 4-6 weeks before you start calling for the head coachs, GMs head, or pronounce tanne a bust. We have a loooong way to go..

Here is a not so fun fact...Miami has started 0-1 seven of the last nine years. Miami only made the playoffs one of those years and got their butts handed to them at home in the wildcard by the Ravens.

Reality check...we don't have Tom Brady as our QB.

F**k it! I'm GONNA say we're going to win the Super Bowl and he IS gonna be like Tom Brady!!
Positive thinkin baby, positive thinking..

F**k it! I'm GONNA say we're going to win the Super Bowl and he IS gonna be like Tom Brady!!
Positive thinkin baby, positive thinking..
If I had that chick laying on my couch I would be thinking positive also

If Miami is going to do anything this season, the next five weeks are critical. Raiders, Jets, Cardinals, Bengals and Rams. Going into the bye week, we very well could be 3-3.

People are writing us off, but forgetting that this is a favorable schedule. 2008 playoff run, Miami had it easy. Run Reggie and utilize tannehill to his strengths. If he can have some success with that, hhis confidence will soar and loosen up the leash a little.

Here is a not so fun fact...Miami has started 0-1 seven of the last nine years. Miami only made the playoffs one of those years and got their butts handed to them at home in the wildcard by the Ravens.

yes but here is another fun fact. Houston is one of the toughest games we will face this season and it mainly is because we are a young team with new coach and QB.

I would say, if we lose some of these "easier" games these coming weeks, then you have an argument.

yeah but Tom Brady at that time was not known as Tom Brady. He was known as a total unknown. But Adam, apparently you kno that Tannehill is going to suck. Do I hear that right?

yeah but Tom Brady at that time was not known as Tom Brady. He was known as a total unknown. But Adam, apparently you kno that Tannehill is going to suck. Do I hear that right?
The OP is referring to the opening week of 2003. Brady was not an unknown then. He had already quarterbacked the Patriots to their first Super Bowl win. He wasn't HOF-bound then, as he is now, but he was hardly an unknown.

The OP is referring to the opening week of 2003. Brady was not an unknown then. He had already quarterbacked the Patriots to their first Super Bowl win. He wasn't HOF-bound then, as he is now, but he was hardly an unknown.

So you saying Tannehill sucks?

So you saying Tannehill sucks?
No, I'm agreeing with the poster who says that the situations are not comparable because the Patriots had an established starter who had already taken them to the championship while we have a rookie QB who may or may not turn into a franchise QB.

Fun or not I'm watching the game tomorrow and hoping for a win.

Ozzy rules!!

Except that we went 0-4 in the Preseason and the offense struggled to score in all those games, and the offense didn't even score in the Houston game. I like people being positive, but we got problems.

With that said, I think we beat Oakland.

Back
Top Bottom