Funny Dolphins Related Story | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Funny Dolphins Related Story

SQuinn17

League Dominator
Reaction score
The offseason is boring so I thought I'd share a funny story that happened about 9-10 years back that I never shared with the board.

When my cousin was in college he worked at Blue Martini in the Galleria Mall in Ft. Lauderdale. Every now and then he'd meet actors, celebrities and sometimes athletes as well. To put this into context for you, this kid knows absolutely nothing about sports....I mean nothing. So it was surprising to me to get a call one early evening during our abysmal 2007 season telling me that our current starting QB, Cleo Lemon, was hanging out at Blue Martini. I told him that was cool and I wasn't surprised a player would be out drinking during the week considering how the season was going. Anyways, he told me that he'd get an autograph since he know I was a huge fan. Me not caring much about Cleo Lemon in general, I was lukewarm about it but it was a Fins player at the end of the day so why not?

So my cousin waited for the guy to pay his tab and approached him with a mini football that he bought at a the Champs sports that was in the mall at the time. He asks "Mr. Cleo Lemon, my cousin is a huge Dolphins fan and would it be possible to get your autograph?" The guy stood there and stared at my cuz with a dumbfounded look on his face. My cuz hit back with "Mr. Lemon I'm really sorry to take up any of your time but if you could sign this ball and make it out to my cousin Sean, he'd really appreciate it." The guy started to crack up...not just chuckle a little bit...but full blown laugh in my cousins face to the point where my cuz didn't know what to expect or why the guy was laughing. Eventually he signed the ball but walked away with a huge smile on his face.

The next day my cousin stopped by my house on the way to work and told me about the story. He handed me the ball which read...To Sean: Go Fins! DPOY Jason Taylor.

To this day, he'll never hear the end of it.

Benedict Arnold, Roger Clemens, Wade Boggs, Jacoby Ellsbury...But three questions, at about 1:36 Jason makes a great play on the ball as he is dropping back in coverage - 1. Is Harris that athletic that they could ask him to do that? 2. Is Harris able to run it back like Jason did? 3. What drill from the combine would tell you that a player could/couldnt do that?

Whata story. If I were your cousin, Id tell the story all of the time to make fun of myself. Its just too good a story to be embarrassed by.

Thank you, sir. Ive been really sick lately. This helped my soul.

Whata story. If I were your cousin, Id tell the story all of the time to make fun of myself. Its just too good a story to be embarrassed by.

Thank you, sir. Ive been really sick lately. This helped my soul.

Our soul transcends time. Life on earth is a pit stop to our real future. I hope you get well soon fellow Dolfan, and human being.

Back
Top Bottom