Game 1-3 things I like and 3 not so much | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game 1-3 things I like and 3 not so much

jvw

Starter
Reaction score
We got the first one on the road, big win for our guys.

1. I liked what I saw from our linebackers, they were fast, ran to the ball and hit with attitude.. loved it. If they continue to play like this clearly an upgrade and can be the best group in 10 yrs.....

2.Lots of pressure up front, we will need that until we get healthy in the secondary. We got pressure up the gut which we will need going against Brady, Wake was a beast he will be doubled teamed from here on out, let see how he handles it.

3. Offense came out in the 2nd half and put up 17 points, Tanny looked good not great, he will only get better. Putting that TD drive to go up 10 points late was huge, good feeling about this kid.

Not so good

1. The big story after an opening day win on the road is how 3 players are not happy....I'm glad Wallace is not happy it shows he's not satisfied with the fat check, he wants to be the man, time for the coaching staff to get him the ball in space and not just the long ball. Start Starks and stop messing around...ok so he didn't show up for voluntary workouts because he wanted a deal instead of being tagged, punish him in preseason, the games count now, the fastest way to lose the locker room is to not start your best players and he clearly is the best player at that position. Soliai wants a deal, that's business he will play hard and get his deal or will make good money on FA market, note to Paul. don't tell the team how much you want to stay in Florida before you sign the deal.....they will use it as leverage in negotiations.

2. No running game, backs looked like they didn't know were the hole was on some plays and on others there OL couldn't block....Mark this down as a bad game and lets see how it works out next week before we panic.

3. The Browns had 3 turnovers in the first half and led at halftime 7-6.....this can not happen again.....granted we didn't have good field position after 2 of them but can't have a 3 and outs either.

Next week will be a big test for our D, we will need the offense to start the game better and be able to run the ball some. Lets see how we respond....

I agree with you on all points except for Starks. You don't reward a player or give him what he wants after this kind of behavior.

I only count two of the three turnovers because one was just like a punt that was downed on the 1. But I do see your point.

I agree with the OP. But I defend Paul, he's a good dude, I would never recommend a guy have to deceive. It's about time as people that we start rewarding honesty and people being up front.
****ing Dawn Aponte is going too far they need to put that bitch on a leash asap.

Wallace needs to be more involved no question. It's no different than any other position. I mean not 1 target in the first half. Throw him a screen pass or something, the point is to get him involved in the game.
Any player that is involved will play better I think that's common sense.
I don't think he would be this upset if we threw at least one pass to him in the first half. It was a little too extreme imho.

Starks I'm a little pissed off about. I don't like what he did. At the same time he should have been starting from the start. We franchise tagged him for a reason.
At this point imo you make amends with him and start him or you seriously think about jettisoning him.
This type of open mutiny/disrespecting your own team on national tv cannot continue.

I'm most pissed about the Paul situation. If it's true he is contemplating a trade request...wow. What a bummer. Loss for words.
**** Dawn Aponte.

starks and soliai have every right to be mad. wallace-ellerbee-wheeler are all upgrades but they got big fat deals and never did a thing in miami. guys like paul and starks have earned the right to a big deal based on their play in miami.

I agree with you on all points except for Starks. You don't reward a player or give him what he wants after this kind of behavior.

I think they have to as this point because they were wrong not starting the best player. If they started him and he flipped off the coaches after a play then I would have sat him but they were wrong and now do they double down and suspend him for how he responded? This could get ugly if coach doesn't handle this right.

I think they have to as this point because they were wrong not starting the best player. If they started him and he flipped off the coaches after a play then I would have sat him but they were wrong and now do they double down and suspend him for how he responded? This could get ugly if coach doesn't handle this right.
1) The defense held the Browns to 10 points, in a double digit win. and the rush D kept a pretty good RB under 60 yards for the night. How wrong could they have been??
2) Starks sat out practices, missed a good part of training camp, you do what you have to do get get the best deal, but don't bitch when it backfires.
3) His gesture on national TV was unacceptable , no matter how you want to spin it.

Back
Top Bottom