Game Plan vs. Tampa Bay (Week One) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game Plan vs. Tampa Bay (Week One)

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
So we are finally here. The opener versus Tampa Bay.

Miami comes in with some obvious flaws. Can the defense defend the run? Can the defense defend the pass? Can the Dolphins come up with key stops on third downs to get the ball back to the offense? Can Pouncey hold up and play the majority of the season? How will Steen fair at left guard?

Offensively, I think this could be one of the best Miami teams we have seen in a long, long time. The talent at the skill position is really exciting starting with Ajayi, the player who really turned the season around last year for the Dolphins. Parker has looked great in preseason. Grant has provided a spark whenever he's touched the ball. Add in Landry and Stills and that's really formidable.

So what's the game plan against the Buccaneers? They are a team getting a lot of attention as one of the emerging squads this year. Winston certainly is capable of carving Miami's defense apart. Evans could be a matchup nightmare for the Dolphins.

I expect a heavy dose of Ajayi for Miami. When all is said and done, I think it's going to be a high scoring affair with maybe both teams scoring 30 plus. Wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to the last team with the ball. Hopefully that will be the Dolphins.

What do you all see as the keys to this first game?

I think our defense will be fine, if not dominant.

Too many savvy vets not to be competent.

Any given Sunday, but I think they cause chaos up front.

The game plan might have to wait till week 11

Ozzy rules!!

I think our defense will be fine, if not dominant.

Too many savvy vets not to be competent.

Any given Sunday, but I think they cause chaos up front.

I hope so. Miami really needs someone to step up opposite Howard in the secondary. I do agree that the defensive line could wreck havoc, but that group always seems to be a bit overrated.

Lol, Parker vs. Grimes....

Talk about payback.

I dunno. I'd say it all hinges on Cutler, the LBs and secondary. And the DT position. The O line may be a factor as well. Maybe the TE position.

Other than that, we're good to go!!

I'm just praying it all holds together.

If it does, this will be quite a team.

If not......

We can't run a scree
RUN RUN RUN Ajayi.....screen plays to Ajayi, Drake, and Williams...

Throw it up to DVP vs. Grimes deep....

Stop the run and see what happens...
We can't run a screen to save our life and we also can't defend one

Ozzy rules!!

Pressuring and containing Jameis will be the most important thing, imo.

That's the best way to stop their offense. He plays hero ball way too much.

Giving Tampa extra possessions, fumbles, interceptions will kill this team, cutler need not to be a hero, just play some ball!

My question is are the bucs going to have TJ up to speed on D? Doubt he will be in game condition after missing the preseason

Slow the game down and limit their possession. This is the game to ride Ajayi. Limit their run game and get pressure with 7. If we have to commit an extra defender to the box to do either of those things, it's going to be a rough day defensively.

Grimes vs Parker? Here is 6'5 Calvin Johnson.....

b70c5277f37cec4c3a29508d449cd33b_crop_north.jpg

I hope Parker uses grimes like Brandon Marshall used him against us.

Back
Top Bottom