Games we would have won with RT17 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Games we would have won with RT17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then: QBs are able to elevate players around them huh? I suppose you believe in pixie dust and unicorns also?

Now: defense is better, running game is better, carry the two...10-6 at worst.

Then: win/loss a QB record? Dumbest thing I ever heard, its a COACHING record!!!

Now: change the QB and we're 10-6, you do the math...

Tannehill is not a savior however he is a very important Cog in the machine. We had no offense in the first 2/3 of the season. This years offense was so historically bad it broke records. Other teams were constantly getting better field position from our 3 and outs in the beginning of games putting our first-year Defensive coordinator and the defense in a horrible position every game. If you notice most teams scored most of their point in the first half of games. If we have gotten at least a lead or stayed close in games would have won more. Tannehill is not Marino but he has always given us a chance to win games. Once Gase arrived he finally turned the corner by developing the deep ball and being coached to be more aggressive and we made the playoffs.

Also, News flash our offensive line play last year was not great either that is why Ryan Tannehill did not play this year.

Jay Cutler wants to play but does not care about winning. Ryan Tannehill loves to play and wants to win so badly he never wanted to come off the field and made a bad decision not have surgery.
I rather roll with a guy who wants to be on the field and win if he has enough talent. Ryan has enough talent and I have faith Gase can make him better. Jay Cutler and Matt Moore have one common trait they are not coachable. They go off script all the time and end up making costly turnovers. That has been the knock on both of them all along. Ryan is coachable he is humble enough to know he can always improve. We need RT to develop more under Gase and for Gase to learn more about Ryan to make him our franchise QB.

You're assuming Tannehill also leads us to victories against the Falcons and Patriots, which I'm not so sure of....

Bottom line is we are probably better with Tannehill, but still only a borderline playoff team at best.

I wonder how many games Miami wins with a prime Marino....

With Marino...playoffs for sure.

With the passing rules changes of 2007 pushed by Brady/Manning....Marino would be ripping this league a new one.

Look what Brees has done since those changes?....Why do you think Marino's records held until those changes...and then we're quickly broken?

I think the problem here is the naysayers believe the OP is anointing Tannehill as a super star. Reality is we missed on so many routine plays because of bad QB play had Ryan been average to slightly above it would have changed the outcome of a few games. All teams have holes, we are not alone. look at NE’s front 7, it’s jag city. They overcome it with super elite QB, coaching and a super elite TE. Their secondary is pretty good too.

Had we been able to be an abrage scoring offense with sleeping hotly above sprinkled in it would have made a big difference. The AFC sucks there are 3 playoff teams in the conference that’s it. The rest are just their!

Thread title should be changed to "Games we would have won with competent quarterback play". Barring a couple of games Cutler was really bad, the big arm was rarely on show and the back pedalling may have saved sacks but robbed him of any accuracy.

If you change one thing everything changes...you can't expect replacing one player and everything else remains the same...crazy talk really...this team doesn't play well ....Tannehill couldn't have fixed what's wrong with our team...the players aren't disciplined and are too inconsistent to play well together...too much nonsense within the ranks

People talk as if making it to the playoffs is the Holy Grail.....We are not a playoff caliber team....making the playoffs would set the team further back than it is right now....it would be a mirage...fix the internal problems and we will be able to see what we have as a team....we would have a foundation to build on and move forward...otherwise it's all fools gold

This site is out of it's mind sometimes. I can't believe how people view Tannehill as the saviour. Should be interesting watch everyone lose their minds next year when he makes his first mistake.

It'll just you and those that liked your comment.

People talk as if making it to the playoffs is the Holy Grail.....We are not a playoff caliber team....making the playoffs would set the team further back than it is right now....it would be a mirage...fix the internal problems and we will be able to see what we have as a team....we would have a foundation to build on and move forward...otherwise it's all fools gold

Totally agree. Should Dalton orchestrating an extremely unlikely comeback change how we feel about the Bills season simply because they are playing an extra game now?

Football Outsiders had us as the worst playoff team last season (the Bills get that honor this season). On the other side of the coin they had the Eagles ranked 5th in overall team efficiency last season making it the first time in the history of their tracking that a team ranked that high finished with a losing record. The Dolphins were a fraud playoff team, and they still would be even if Tannehill would have dragged this team on his back into the playoffs at 9-7.

The Eagles were like a chained dog, all they needed was average QB play. But what they got was brilliant QB play which is the difference between being in and having home field throughout.

Totally agree. Should Dalton orchestrating an extremely unlikely comeback change how we feel about the Bills season simply because they are playing an extra game now?

Football Outsiders had us as the worst playoff team last season (the Bills get that honor this season). On the other side of the coin they had the Eagles ranked 5th in overall team efficiency last season making it the first time in the history of their tracking that a team ranked that high finished with a losing record. The Dolphins were a fraud playoff team, and they still would be even if Tannehill would have dragged this team on his back into the playoffs at 9-7.

The Eagles were like a chained dog, all they needed was average QB play. But what they got was brilliant QB play which is the difference between being in and having home field throughout.

Wait, what? I thought Tannehill was holding back this team of playoff caliber players? That's the mantra of many posters on this forum.

This thread would be more interesting if it was about David Woodley or Chad Henne instead of Tannehill.

Wait, what? I thought Tannehill was holding back this team of playoff caliber players? That's the mantra of many posters on this forum.

You misunderstood. I'm not saying I believe Tannehill would lead us to 9-7 kicking and screaming. What I believe is if you were able to simulate it and ran a million iterations of this team with Tannehill what you would get is 7.5 wins on average. Out of those million iterations however sometimes we would get to 9-7, but that shouldn't change the overall outlook on what is clearly a bad football team.

You misunderstood. I'm not saying I believe Tannehill would lead us to 9-7 kicking and screaming. What I believe is if you were able to simulate it and ran a million iterations of this team with Tannehill what you would get is 7.5 wins on average. Out of those million iterations however sometimes we would get to 9-7, but that shouldn't change the overall outlook on what is clearly a bad football team.

I agree with that. I'll add that there are maybe 2 or 3 QBs in the league that would change the overall outlook. Getting one of those is a very, very, very remote possibility. Which is why, improving the roster is the priority in the draft.

And that home field is going to amount to nothing. With the QB play they have had since going to there back up. There is a very good chance they lose as bad at home as we did on ther road. Philly fans should hope Old Saint Nick gives them a Bills snow day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom