Garrard: Ryan Tannehill knows offense 'better than vets'

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phins117, May 17, 2012.

1. Phins117

Phins117 A True Fan

2. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod The Oracle

Yes, we have heard about it a couple of times........................:rolleyes2:

3. Phins117

Phins117 A True Fan

sorry for repost... did not see

4. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

it's starting to look like zach thomas and Jack Del Rio at the Quarterback position. We brough in jack the same year zach was drafted, and zach was so good and so talented, that jack never made it out of preseason.

5. SpaceMountain16

SpaceMountain16 Disgruntled Donator

He played in it in college, so at this point I'm kind of tired of hearing it.

6. seisenrod

seisenrod Member

Tanny will still need some time to get used to the nuances of the Pro game. Even Marino didnt start out of the gate, so lets give Tanny a little time. After all we have been waiting more then a decade for the RIGHT qb.

7. Uruguayfinfan

Uruguayfinfan Uruguayan fin lover

He already knew the offense better than any vet the same day he got drafted.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
  8. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

Well DUH???? Of course he knows the offense, it is the same as he ran in college. Did you think he was going to forget his offense from last year in a few weeks? Look I love Tannehill, but knowing the offense doesn't prove anything. Knowing the defense is the problem. In college DBs gave 10 yard cushions, defenses walked up and showed you what they were in, mental errors and balls thrown slightly off target were usually dropped by college defenses, in the pros it's a different story. RT is going to see fronts that change after the snap, he is going to see DBs show one thing and do another, a WR that he knows is one on one is still covered at this level and it is going to take a perfect throw to get a completion, and at the NFL level almost every mistake equals a interception.

EVERY QB knows the offense by the time they get to training camp. The had better any way, knowing the offense and being able to manipulate a defense is two different things. I am not saying RT won't be able to succeed, I am saying it won't happen early this year if at all. Knowing the offense is not that big of a deal.

9. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod The Oracle

Well, I guess this can help when he sends in plays for Matt Moore and the rest of the starting offense.......:up:

10. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

Agreed. The most beneficial thing for Tannehill would be to act as a "consultant" on the sideline while he acclimates to the pro game.

11. The Omen

The Omen Well-Known Member

Jack Del Rio made Garrad his starting QB as head caoch of the Jags... so what's all this supposed to mean?

I DON'T KNOW!

[​IMG]

12. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

13. CattailsrEdible

CattailsrEdible Well-Known Member

TANNY for president! WOOT WOOT.... i still think waiting till midseason is the correct thing to do. He will learn more from the tape on monday and tuesdays than anywhere else

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

14. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Anybody that had to study something for a test word for word (I had to learn 4 paragraphs of the engagement letter in accounting) or had to study a long process or whatever, working at it and getting it down to perfection takes a lot of work and stick-to-it. We all knew T-hill was smart but what impresses from Grudens camp is the whole offense rolls off his tongue without hesitation. That shows work ethic to me. Ive seen pre-med students with sticky notes plastered all over their dorm walls and all they do is eat and sleep that stuff.

That is what I get from Tannehill. That whatever he has in shortcomings, he will work at it and get better as time goes on. This is to me what really seperates the greats from the avg. I think Tannehill is a special talent in that he has an incredible advantage in working in the exact same offense with the same coach. Unbelievable to me. Has this ever happened before in the NFL? Im thinking not.

I cant stress enough how much of an advantage that is. The kid has nice footwork to boot. I cant wait til preseason.

15. Paiva10

Paiva10 Head Scout

Great that he knows it, but I agree reactions to the defence will we key.

16. mktimber

mktimber Rookie

this surely was expected why is it b=news

17. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

No big deal? so are you suggesting to put Garrard Or Moore out there even though they don't know the offense? Look at Cam Newton, you think the he knew the offense? or knew the teams defenses? well you know that Tannehill won't get anything accomplished on the side lines. and the mods change that red mark, because some of this stuff these guys be saying they're wrong also.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  18. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

:lol:

Not bad, rook ... not too bad at all. :hclap: