Gary Barnidge is now an ex-Brown.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gary Barnidge is now an ex-Brown....

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
@garybarnidgeI want to thank the Cleveland Browns for giving me my opportunity and looking forward to seeing the change. Time for the next step.

1:47 PM - 28 Apr 2017

They are cutting him after drafting Njoku last night. I would be very happy if we made a move to pick him up, rather than draft another TE project, and save that pick for another area of need. A combo of Thomas and Barnidge would work very nicely in this offense. The reason his numbers suffered so much last year wasn't because of him but rather because they didn't have a QB. Give him a solid offense with a good QB and he can be a huge threat in the passing game.

Are you advocating we cut Fasano? Q? Duarte? Carry 5 TEs?

I would take Barnidge over Duarte. Seen the dude in person & I don't think he could block a pop up.

This was the first thing i thought of when he was cut. Could be a more long term answer than Thomas

Cutting a practice squad player for a starting caliber TE...

No brainer...which is why it's out of the question.

Saw the same thing and thought the same. IF, and that's a big if, we were looking for a TE in the draft, this would be a pretty good viable option to look at. Had a good year 2 years ago and only dropped last year because the Browns QB situation was Sooooo horrible. I think he would be a good option, especially if Thomas doesn't last long physically. Worth at least kicking the tires and finding out what it would take $$$.

Wow I opened this thread certain multiple people would be comparing him to JC.....The cry baby, not the Lord and savior.

I'm in. Go get him. Duarte on PS or Duarte cut from PS should have zero bearing on this possibility.

5 TEs who am I missing? Thomas, fasano and Gray are the only locks at this point

5 TEs who am I missing? Thomas, fasano and Gray are the only locks at this point

Duarte and assuming they signed Barnidge... its 4 + Barnidge in this scenario.

But like I said, I wouldn't mind parting ways w/ Duarte.

Why part ways with any of them now? Sign Barnidge and see how training camp goes and then make cuts later... that's what most teams do. Barnidge and Fasano as blocking tight ends. Thomas as the receiving tight end. Daurte and Gray battle it out for the 4th spot in camp and otas.

He wouldn't be a bad pickup, but his cost might be the prohibitive factor. If Julius does well, he will end up wanting a big contract. I don't want to see the Fins have a ton of money wrapped up into that position.

Duarte is just a project at this stage. You could ps him

Back
Top Bottom