Gase and Dolphins at a Crossroads | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase and Dolphins at a Crossroads

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
It is so hard sometimes being a Dolphins fan. Finally the team gets that big, physical back the kind that can wear defenses down and they trade him for a fourth rounder.

I know Jay Ajayi wasn't the most consistent guy around. He didn't catch the ball well out of the backfield either, which limited his value. But, it's hard to follow blockers or have great vision when the wall in front of you is the opponent. How many times have we seen the run blown up behind the line of scrimmage?

Looking for any positives here. I think the draft is pretty loaded with running backs and that has to now be considered a big need for the Dolphins. Hopefully the team can find a complete back pretty early in the draft. Barkley, Guice, Chubb are all potential first rounders.

Adam Gase is clearly at a crossroads and it will be interesting to see how the team responds the rest of the season. Sure Miami is 4-3, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if the Dolphins ended 6-10. The remainder of the schedule features two games each against Buffalo and New England.

Gase deserves the chance to get his type of players on the team and his results have been surprisingly good in his first year and a half. That said, this move feels more like Joe Philibin who couldn't get along with Brandon Marshall or Vontae Davis. The team didn't fare well in either of those moves. It's hard not to see the Eagles getting the better value here.

The Jay trade is a message to the entire locker room. He wasn't following his instructions, he didn't study the playbook enough, and he handled his disagreements over his role the wrong way. This trade makes clear that Gase's way is THE way and no one is bigger than that.

Plus Jay's going to be chirping for a big contract this winter when his knees are already mostly used up. (Pretty sure he's DNP'ed every Thursday practice this season.)

The Jay trade is a message to the entire locker room. He wasn't following his instructions, he didn't study the playbook enough, and he handled his disagreements over his role the wrong way. This trade makes clear that Gase's way is THE way and no one is bigger than that.

Plus Jay's going to be chirping for a big contract this winter when his knees are already mostly used up. (Pretty sure he's DNP'ed every Thursday practice this season.)

Yeah, I mean that makes some sense. We don't know everything going on at practice. Perhaps Ajayi stubbornly did things his way and he obviously irked Gase. I don't think the knee has been a real issue yet, but it could be down the road.

Getting just a fourth is so low though. The team gave up a fifth to New Orleans for a backup linebacker.

I guess we'll see how things are handled this offseason, but certainly seemed like Ajayi was the guy on offense.

You're missing the point, OP. He was being a whiney bitch and wasn't following directions or being a team player. Do you want to keep someone like that?

You're missing the point, OP. He was being a whiney ***** and wasn't following directions or being a team player. Do you want to keep someone like that?
If he performs on the field you bet I do. Lots of selfish players in the NFL who tend to be great players and their are a ton of so called team players on lots of loosing teams too. If we had a real replacement on this roster I might consider this move for a 2nd round pick. Hell we used a high 3rd on a scatback guy who is doing nothing but returning kickoffs. So a 4th looks like a stinker deal. You sit Jay Ajayi if you have a problem with his additude for 2-3 games and then trade him. Gase handled this like a wet dream, woke up to mad and made the wrong decision period.

If he performs on the field you bet I do. Lots of selfish players in the NFL who tend to be great players and their are a ton of so called team players on lots of loosing teams too. If we had a real replacement on this roster I might consider this move for a 2nd round pick. Hell we used a high 3rd on a scatback guy who is doing nothing but returning kickoffs. So a 4th looks like a stinker deal. You sit Jay Ajayi if you have a problem with his additude for 2-3 games and then trade him. Gase handled this like a wet dream, woke up to mad and made the wrong decision period.

I dont agree with that assessment. Sounds like he's been in the dog house since the beginning of last year. And then he whines after a win to the Jets that he wasnt used enough? No thanks.

OP, I FEEL your pain. This organization has been dysfunctional for years. Who did we trade for today that will help us? I didn't think so.

Yeah, I get the argument that he didn't want him because he wasn't a team player and a Gase guy, etc. etc.
But what's left? Bring in some marginal players that use to work with him at Denver or Chicago, like he's done. While they are Gase guys, they aren't getting the job done. We ignored the OL, LB and CB positions AGAIN in the draft and fill holes with mediocre replacements that may get you to .500 if you are lucky. It's just frustrating that we keep making the same mistakes over and over (like Cleveland does) and then wonder why we aren't getting any better?

We picked up a LB and CB in the draft. The LB got IR'd and the CB (Tank) is starting.

This is not true. We drafted all three of these positions. Not sure what you want the front office to do in the draft other than...well...drafting them?
Especially when a rookie corner is playing pretty damn good ball this year lol.

This is not true. We drafted all three of these positions. Not sure what you want the front office to do in the draft other than...well...drafting them?

Thanks I thought my memory was totally gone.

Back
Top Bottom