Gase and Dolphins at a Crossroads | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase and Dolphins at a Crossroads

I dont agree with that assessment. Sounds like he's been in the dog house since the beginning of last year. And then he whines after a win to the Jets that he wasnt used enough? No thanks.[/QUOTE

Dan Marino could be a super ego too but we could win with him, or at least get to the playoffs. We'll at least see the real Gase now and waether his coaching skills and wins were a result of Jay or not. Interesting and we just got the defense going.

Philly is the best team record wise at this point and will likey pick 28-32.
We traded essentially for a 5th round pick.
He is a very good back and was worth more. This trade seems like a hasty move even if Gase didnt like him or wanted to send a message.
If the team lays another egg, it would have been a poor decision on Gase part and yhe perception that Gase doesnt have the respect of the team.
From a players perspective, going to a winning team might ve desirable.
Philly was in disarray after Chip Kelly, look at them now. The Fins problems are much deeper than Ajayi or the oline

Guys Kenyon Drake is a very talented RB. He went to Alabama for a reason. We drafted him high. I fully expect him to be a good running back for us in the future of he puts in the work. Hopefully the lightbulb just went on for him bc this is his chance to make a name for himself

How long will Gase survive as the HC with crappy records and a terrible offense as he gets rid of his best players?

The Jay trade is a message to the entire locker room. He wasn't following his instructions, he didn't study the playbook enough, and he handled his disagreements over his role the wrong way. This trade makes clear that Gase's way is THE way and no one is bigger than that.

Plus Jay's going to be chirping for a big contract this winter when his knees are already mostly used up. (Pretty sure he's DNP'ed every Thursday practice this season.)

It is not a message to the entire locker room. It is a message to the offensive players. The defense is performing.

Guys Kenyon Drake is a very talented RB. He went to Alabama for a reason. We drafted him high. I fully expect him to be a good running back for us in the future of he puts in the work. Hopefully the lightbulb just went on for him bc this is his chance to make a name for himself

Drake and Williams with their pass catching abilities gives the offense more options and should make the offense less predictable. I am not happy, but I understand the move on multiple levels.

He was also on the bench at Alabama for a reason. Same reason he is here, just not tough or talented enough to carry the load. He may get his chance but I seriously doubt he'll ever get (or survive) more than 15 carries a game. This with only God awful Damien Williams and Senorice Perry as his only competition could be tragic to watch.

Really it cant be any better said then this! I have a good feeling about this move by gase.

Philly is the best team record wise at this point and will likey pick 28-32.
We traded essentially for a 5th round pick.
He is a very good back and was worth more. This trade seems like a hasty move even if Gase didnt like him or wanted to send a message.
If the team lays another egg, it would have been a poor decision on Gase part and yhe perception that Gase doesnt have the respect of the team.
From a players perspective, going to a winning team might ve desirable.
Philly was in disarray after Chip Kelly, look at them now. The Fins problems are much deeper than Ajayi or the oline
I'm not sure why everyone here continues to put this 100% on Gase, as if Tennebaum is mutually exclusive of any player movements that happen. It's 50/50 Gase and the FO. People need to stop acting like this is 100% Gase.

He wasn't performing on the field this season, either.

No one has been performing on the field this season.

Cutler demanded no respect from the defense. Scared to take a hit and would throw off his backfoot plenty of times. Teams last year had to respect the passing game and the deep ball every once in a while to Stills. Even then, a solid front 7 would neutralize our offensive line. Now, they don't have to worry about Moore or Cutler beating them and instead focus on the run. The offensive line is worse than last year.

Maybe Ajayi was sulking/demanding more carries and trying to hit the homerun. However, this season, offensively, has been a trainwreck at almost every position, sans maybe RT and WR. A RB is limited by his offensive line. We don't need the Dallas/Titans/Philly line to be successful, but this current line is bad at everything.

I'm not sure why everyone here continues to put this 100% on Gase, as if Tennebaum is mutually exclusive of any player movements that happen. It's 50/50 Gase and the FO. People need to stop acting like this is 100% Gase.

Its not 100% on Gase, but i would give him 80% of accountability as far as personnel/offensive scheme goes. My biggest beef with the FO is the lack of foresight in regards to the QB position.

The defense is finally fielding some talent and if not for the injuries/suspensions (TJ, Kwon and Lippett) dare I say some depth? I get that sounds a bit crazy coming off 40 points, but factor in 2 pick sixes, short fields and TOP, even that performance wasn't terrible.

That 2016 draft was all Gase except for the CB Howard which was the definition of filling a need. Thus far, those pieces haven't had much of an impact. He brought in Cutler not the FO. He brought on Bushrod and converted him to guard, not the FO. This is his scheme, his playbook and his offensive line, the FO is doing whatever he requests and doing their due dilligence in the late round/UDFA market and on defense.

Its not 100% on Gase, but i would give him 80% of accountability as far as personnel/offensive scheme goes. My biggest beef with the FO is the lack of foresight in regards to the QB position.

The defense is finally fielding some talent and if not for the injuries/suspensions (TJ, Kwon and Lippett) dare I say some depth? I get that sounds a bit crazy coming off 40 points, but factor in 2 pick sixes, short fields and TOP, even that performance wasn't terrible.

That 2016 draft was all Gase except for the CB Howard which was the definition of filling a need. Thus far, those pieces haven't had much of an impact. He brought in Cutler not the FO. He brought on Bushrod and converted him to guard, not the FO. This is his scheme, his playbook and his offensive line, the FO is doing whatever he requests and doing their due dilligence in the late round/UDFA market and on defense.
I still think this could have been a good year offensively for us if we had a QB starting would could audible effectively pre-snap. Tannehill was becoming so good at that and he could have killed a lot of the plays at the line this year where the box was stacked if he was starting. Sadly Cutler isn't all that good at it and Moore is god awful at pre-snap recognition. This just proves how important QB play is in Gases offense.

This is a no one is bigger than the team move. If one of your best players is missing assignments, not willing to put in extra work to fully understand the playbook, not willing to diversify his game by working on other aspects of if forcing you to be predictable on offense, AND on top of all of that, is pouting about not getting enough touches even when you win.... As a coach, you almost are forced to get rid of that guy, otherwise your words become feeble and meaningless. Other players will look at what that player is doing and say..... If he's missing assignments, and he's not studying enough, etc... then why should I. Especially when that guy is averaging 3.4 YPC and it's not all the oline's fault.

Coaches have the benefit of game film so they can dissect a play and see exactly what went wrong on a play. And while i'm sure a lot of times the oline fails, but I'm just as sure that there were times where Ajayi did the wrong thing causing tackle for loss when he could have gained 3-4 yards.

Ajayi was a game changing player, when he got rolling defenses were afraid to tackle him and despite his poor average we're probably 3-4 right now without him. Huge difference. Philly's opponents are going to be in a serious pickle, got to respect Wentz, but also if Ajayi gets into the second level its going to be a long day for them.

Back
Top Bottom