Gase is done

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Nov 13, 2017.

1. dnespins

dnespins Smokin' n Jokin' Finheaven VIP

because its exactly like you said. people are in denial.

vere76 likes this.
  2. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Not happening on this forum.

3. vere76

vere76 Rookie

His starting QB. RT sub .500. He cant do anything behind this line. Gase needs to be gone . We need to find a real QB.

4. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

I stopped watching in the second quarter. Team looks totally limp and inept. Zero threats downfield, zero run threats.

You can do whatever you want to this team.

Baltimore ripped the heart out of this team - season is over guys.

joenhre likes this.
  5. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

Howard, Gase, and T-Bum is a start. This team clearly don't like Gase.

joenhre likes this.
  6. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Not winning is one thing, but getting blown out yet again is inexcusable.

Avigatorx likes this.
  7. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Excuses don't fly with the product being sold. Be it drafting, acquisitions or game day.

joenhre likes this.
  8. eomdtbtr

eomdtbtr Starter

I'm not saying Gase is done. Ross will ride with him another year or two. What I'm saying is Gase isn't the answer. And that's clear as day. But, like Sparano and Philbin before him, there will be some who refuse to see it and denounce all those who point out he doesn't have what it takes as simply being negative.

I've been posting/lurking on this site since 2007 or so, I've seen this film before, I'm tired of it.

LANGER72, joenhre and Spiff like this.
  9. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

The fundamental problem with your assessment is two fold. One. You have no supernatural abilities to tell the future. And two you assume Adam Gase, Joe Philbin, and Tony Sporano are all the same man physically.

There are no special credits earned because you’ve lurked since 2007. Get out of your depression and go do some research. Great coaches aren’t instant mix. They learn to become great coaches. You can start with the guy on the opposite side of the field tonight if you’d like.

But if you prefer to throw in the towel by all means go ahead. Return to lurking. Can Adam Gase become a great coach? Sure. He’s shown more pros then cons to this point. But he has a way to go.

andyahs likes this.
  10. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come Well-Known Member

Where are all the posters who ridiculed my suggestion of Mike Shula for HC???

Worthless OT's,backup center,inexperienced and bad WR's dropping passes left and right, a QB throwing really inaccurate passes....and they kicked our vaunted defense's ***.

Why? Because the offensive scheme and play calling were elite. Ya, that Mike Shula.

Djavelin likes this.
  11. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

Isn’t Carolinas offense ranked bottom 5?

Goin` Deep likes this.
  12. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

The coach if he team that whooped us tonight had some bad first years with better talent at important positions. He’s worked out fine.

People expect coaches to cure everything that grown men do on a football field. That’s not how it works in professional sports.

Despacio and Travis34 like this.
  13. Trifecta Nation

Trifecta Nation Rookie

You are correct......and we will have the same conversation next year again! Just watch! And I am sympathetic for the coach. He has a lot going against him this year. It was a wipeout from the get-go this year. It's just a bad franchise. No where near enough talent for Gase to save his job over the long haul. He will ultimately pay with his job, but his roster needs upgrades all over.

sinPHIN likes this.
  14. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

If cutler was already on the roster before Tannehill went down then I’d say Gase gets a pass because i don’t expect anyone to win with cutler after their starter goes down. But Gase went out and brought in this bum. He deserves some flack for that. Since he thinks he can win with such crap at QB.

LANGER72 and gofins60 like this.
  15. Digital

Digital Starter

This year we've had two types of games, 1) games where we get utterly blown out, or 2) close games. We are 0-4 in games in which we get blown out (go figure). We have not had any games where we blew anyone else out. And we're 1-4 in close games, with our record being 4-0 in close games with Jay Ajayi, and 0-1 in close games without Jay Ajayi. That's just who we are.

Losing isn't surprising, because Carolina is good, they're strong at home, and we've played them before when we were stronger and we did poorly. Nobody expected us to win this one. When we lose, I'm in the minority, but I don't really care much about the score, I just don't want to squander winnable games. I'm more interested in how the OL did?

Lionstone likes this.
  16. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Not anymore

gofins60 likes this.
  17. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

remember when people said tannehill was holding this team back? its actually quite astonishing what he has done

18. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

The lack of energy on both sides of the ball tonight was the most disappointing aspect of the loss. This is definitely a hard Miami team to watch and one that just makes too many key mistakes.

Versus Oakland it was the Drake fumble after a perfectly executed onside kick that turned the tide towards the Raiders. Today it was Cutler's interception that changed the momentum late in the first half.

I'm disappointed in every aspect of the team. Will the team play hard the rest of the way? I guess that's what we'll have to watch for. I do think Gase has overachieved, for the most part, with this team. But the roof is falling off. Nothing is looking good right now for the Dolphins.

joenhre likes this.
  19. Trifecta Nation

Trifecta Nation Rookie

Honestly, you could bring in Belichick to manage this roster and he'd be toast. I feel somewhat for Adam because he's tied to the roster and I don't trust anyone in the building currently to get it right. Now tell me why I'm overreacting? Is it because Ryan Tannehill is coming back next year and all will be OK? You better not think that's a slam dunk because it's far from it. I'd have some hesitation even if RT came back next year never having had the injury. I sure don't see him as the cure-all for things.

No easy fixes for this team, folks!

SF Dolphin Fan likes this.
  20. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

They were not great. Run blocking was marginal. But considering the quality of competition and the fact that Cutler can't throw deep and everyone knows it, I thought they acquitted themselves very well tonight. I actually look forward to seeing how Davis and Larsen play out the season.

Digital likes this.
  21. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Those coaches could and did. They didn't always have great talent to work with yet they never gave you an entire season worth of impotence.

22. royalshank

I thought the pass pro was good. He really only got pressured a couple of times.

23. royalshank

I am not souring on Gase mainly because of last year. You don't luck into 10 wins after a 1-4 start. The team was mentally tough last year.

I think the issue this year - beyond the obvious - is he got too cute w some players who no longer have it such as Thomas (though he's been ok the last few weeks) and Bushrod. The bigger issue for me is Tannebaum. We have all the hallmarks of a Tannenbaum run team: overpaid FAs or extensions, washed up veteran FA signings, cap mismanagement, big splash FA signings (though Suh is a great player) and poor trading (sacrificing draft picks - Carroo, Anthony). Can't build a sustainable winner like that.

24. Jerrysanders

Jerrysanders A True Fan

25. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

How about we back a Brinks Truck up to Gruden's house? I still say we need to bring in a guy who has been an NFL Head Coach previously and had previous success.

Phantom likes this.
  26. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Gase is safe as anyone in that building

He’s counting the days til 17 is a go is what he’s doing

27. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

He’s safe for one more year. No Playoffs next year and he’s gone.

28. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

You firing him?

He's here long term.

Stoobz likes this.
  29. DefensiveEnd76

Panthers knew exactly what we were running on offense. You aren't going to win anything when that happens. That is 100% on Adam Gase.

Avigatorx and Miami 13 like this.
  30. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

Yeah what’s long term? This years over and Tanny injury gets a pass for it. But we flop next year with Tannehill I see him gone. It’s my opinion.

31. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come Well-Known Member

It should be with Newton at the helm, however, Football Outsiders had them at #22 coming into tonight. Obviously, they will be taking a leap forward. Newton is the most overrated phony in the history of the NFL. Nevertheless, when they get Ryan Kalil and Greg Olsen back after their bye, they will be great again; but it will be Shula pulling the strings, even if the media goes ape over Cam again.

Make no mistake whatsoever, the Panther offense is not a talented bunch. A couple good guards and a pro bowl center when 100%, which is almost never, a rookie RB who is a glorified slot receiver, an over the hill power runner, with bad receivers.

Their success is coming from coaching.

32. dnespins

dnespins Smokin' n Jokin' Finheaven VIP

come on man...someone gets blown up every single play. jay throws off his back foot all the time cuz hes 34 and has learned getting smashed by denfensive linemen is no way to make a living. cutler is a guy that you have to protect and have him trust it. if you cant do that its a bust. it was a fail to bring him here with such a **** O line and thats on our qb whispering offensive genius head coach.

33. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

my problem with this whole season is gase has absolutely zero answers to any of it...

j
    oe Schad
    @schadjoe

·
    28m

Adam Gase: We have to figure out our issues because it’s not getting any easier

joe Schad
    @schadjoe

·
    26m

Adam Gase: Is it personnel? Is it calls?

oe Schad
    @schadjoe

·
    25m

Adam Gase said he will not relinquish play-calling. Knew the answer to that one.

here we are going into week 11 and he either really has no clue or wont admit what the problem is. Gase has no answer to any of this. The players look lost, they look like they dont care. It hasnt gotten better through 11 weeks. Still come out flat, still strugglw to move the ball, cant score (no rushing tds going into week 10), cant stop screens, cant cover tight ends, i mean the list goes on and it never changes. I know gase has been dealt a bad hand with injuries n stuff but this isnt nfl level football were getting and its unacceptable.

joenhre and Avigatorx like this.
  34. Third Eye

Third Eye Scout Team

Remember the Fins offensive coordinator way back. Gary Stevens. What was his famous line?

I can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

This is exactly what Gase is trying to do. Look with your own eyes at the talent level of both teams tonight. It's glaring. The Fins are so bereft of talent it's staggering.

Gase does not get a free pass however as he is not being creative enough to overcome the talent gap.

35. SmokyFin

SmokyFin Starter

A good QB masks a LOT of deficiencies on a team. Look how GB and Indy, etc, look once they lost their QBs. There's not a ton of difference talent-wise among most teams in the NFL. It mostly comes down to who has the top QBs and best coaching/schemes. Miami has garbage at QB AND Coaching at the moment..

Spiff and Avigatorx like this.
  36. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

For a while I was on board with Gase getting a pass this year due to Tanny going down.

But you know what? **** that. Other teams are losing their QBs and they ARENT getting their doors blown off every other week.

His offense is ****ed up and now he has also lost his damn defense.

He better get a grip on this ****. Marino's epic facepalm tells me the **** is about to hit the fan. I think his pass is getting revoked.

Spiff likes this.
  37. JJM_7

JJM_7 A True Fan

Gase will get next season with a healthy Tannehill to right the ship. Beyond that, it'll depend on how we look in 2018.

38. DefensiveEnd76

All we need in 2018 is: a new o-line, a seam threat TE, a fast WR, a RB, a QB to challenge Tannehill, a couple of DEs, about 3 LBs, a free safety and a CB. Piece of cake.

Travis34 likes this.
  39. bigchub22

bigchub22 Starter

Nice loser mentality there. Sorry but that's exactly what that is and are you telling me you can't evaluate him cause of that? Outta here with that garbage! We line up, I can tell you exactly where and what we are running it's laughable.

joenhre likes this.
  40. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

As much as I've disliked Gase's play calling this season, you can only do so much with stupid, undisciplined and largely untalented players. The whole roster needs a make over. They have holes everywhere. You can't fix every hole in the offseason. There's always going to be a new issue every season, but you can find guys who do their jobs. Not everyone needs to be in the Hall of Fame to be a good team. We don't have that. We have guys with no passion who make stupid plays. I don't care if it's the coach's job to get the team ready. If you are a player who cares you should play hard instead of sleep walking and playing for just a check. Gase's play calling is abysmal, but the roster is a complete mess.

Stoobz likes this.