Gase is done

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Pitbull13

Pitbull13 Pitbull13

Jim harbaugh is Ross's guy. I'd love him in Miami. Knows how to build a winner.

Finuk, Spiff and DefensiveEnd76 like this.
  2. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

Say what you want about Gase, the season ended the minute Tannehill's knee gave. Period. End of story. If we have similar results with Tannehill back next year, then we can talk about firing Gase. Until then- there's no conversation to be had on the matter.

3. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

Exactly. He's Ross' guy. At Michigan. He ain't ever coming here.

4. Pitbull13

Pitbull13 Pitbull13

Didn't say he was, just wished he was

TheJetsBlow likes this.
  5. finfan41

finfan41 Rookie Finheaven VIP

Well he’s not using his whole playbook, he called a decent game, if cutler would have hit those open recievers( he over though a lot of balls last on short to intermediate pass) we would have not been in a lot of 3rd and long. Cutler accuracy was way off last night

6. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

I’m not really enticed by any of the coaching candidates out there enough to dump Gase and start over. Gase showed me enough last year to give him a chance for the next 2 years. I’d prefer to pair him with a GM who shares his vision and can put together a roster though.

Lionstone likes this.
  7. Sarnics13

Sarnics13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Until Tannenbaum is gone this will be status quo. Gase needs to be given full control over personnel to get exactly what fits his vision. That's the only way i think we know for sure if he's the coach we all hoped he is.
    The synergy between the the person deciding who we sign and the person deciding how we play just doesn't exist here.

Stoobz likes this.
  8. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Until goofball Ross gets rid of Tannenbaum (who he should've never brought to Miami in the first place) then our talent evaluation will be crap.

Stoobz and TannDaMan17 like this.
  9. Jay131866

Jay131866 Scout Team

Exactly. There has never been a coach that has been able to "win" with Cutler behind center. Not sure why everyone was expecting something different now that the guy is older and more useless.

10. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler

Exactly! I'm tired of this organization hiring inept first time head coaches and coaching staffs! That's been one of the biggest problems with this team for years!

11. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

They didn't lose they quit. Gase's guys on the team can half-arse or freelance they ain;t getting benched od cut. The rest of the team knows and is in cashing paycheck mode.

12. Dolphins512

Dolphins512 My Friends Call Me Bob Finheaven VIP Donator

Gase isn't going anywhere.

He made Chicken salad out of Chicken ##%# last year and got us to the playoffs. He is 4-5 this year and his overall record is 14 -11.

No doubt, there is a lot of reason for concern, and that Gase has to earn his money by righting this ship, but he will be our coach this year and next at a minimum. I certainly don't want to see a coaching change again.....been down that road too many times

JakeemThe Dream and matt11390 like this.
  13. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

Overreact much? I get these last 3 games have been beyond frustrating but what you are saying is nonsense. Gase does have to get a lot better at personnel decisions but he is only 39 years old in the second season of his first HC job and coming off a playoff year. Give him time to figure things out.

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  14. DefensiveEnd76

What will people think if we lose to the lowly Bucs next week?

DKphin likes this.
  15. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

This thought disturbs me the most. The defense looked very disinterested and had that look of a unit who didn't want to be there.

joenhre likes this.
  16. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

Sadly nothing different than they have for the last decade

17. Lionstone

Lionstone A True Fan

While I respect your frustration, I believe you are being too reactionary.

He deserves this year two more unless he goes 0-16. That is what a playoff appearance after more than a decade of mediocrity should buy Coach Gase. We are only 4-5, and we got beat soundly by a 6-3 team.

I do believe it is fair to question his experience as a head coach. Also, it is fair to question his staff building experience. I do not question his willingness to make changes. His decision to move on from Ajayi has been spot on for the last two weeks. Drake and Williams are getting the job done.

I do have some questions about his ability to consistently deliver a winning team over time, but he deserves the time. Let’s see what he does with it.

18. vcip

vcip Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Watching Eagles every week I am so ready to take a chance on Jim Schwartz. We have had several "offensive" gurus which resulted in crap offenses so lets just grab a legit OC.
    Schwartz's style is much needed here

Spiff likes this.
  19. DefensiveEnd76

We need to bring in a guy who is a proven head coach. A guy who can bring in quality assistant coaches. Then find a top notch GM who can identify talent and bring in talent. Then give that staff several years to right the ship.

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

teams only a year away if guys like raekwon and tank and howard and Charles harris all of which they will bank on being the case make significant strides this offseason

rubbers gonna hit the road on xavien howard in 2018 tank raekwon and harris 2019

they love dvp and they should...don't let the current qb situation get in the way of it...deter anything...that kid can play

21. WCUPUNK

WCUPUNK Active Member

the sky is falling people are entertaining. Gase is not going anywhere and he shouldn't, we had a great season last year and yes this season is disappointing but we lost are franchise quarterback in training camp. the only thing i am flustered with is why waste $10m on Cutler when we aren't even opening up the playbook, but other than that it is what it is. hopefully we can play spoiler down the stretch and make sure the Bills extend their playoff drought to 18 seasons.

22. hoops

hoops exited stage left

and x is gonna take a lot of heat for yesterday but Miami played some coverages that put him in a bad position leverage or "box out" wise and we also tried to run the mike lb under some things in base where reys lack of range gave us literally no chance...more range at mike x doesn't give up those catches

its bad when the ball goes to the boundary of the field and the mike doesn't meet it in the run game even 12 yards deep...that's real eye sore stuff...at worst they should meet it 5 yards deep

23. Killerphinz32

Killerphinz32 Well-Known Member

No chance, he has to build his team, it will take him a little bit of time. Can’t keep recirculating coaches every two years. I am confident gase will get it right by his 4th year. Injuries decimated this team not to mention the embarrassment with he oline coach. This team still has Ireland’s stink on it. I find it hard to believe this team is this bad but it is. For all we as fans know they maybe tanking to be able to get gase a qb he wants. It sounds stupid but it seems that’s the trend that happens if there is a qb. Who really knows what is going on behind the scenes. In the mean time do what I do play fantasy football and don’t count on any dolphin players unless you absolutely have no choice.

24. BigChief

BigChief Scout Team

Reality is we our in worse shape than the Browns. They will at least clean house we are stuck with Gase. This team quit on him a long time ago and maybe with good reason. Losses are one thing embarrassment like last night, Baltimore, and London are another. They will not fire him. He is the worst coach we have ever had. Worst. Team has talent. There is no excuse for whats going on. If we had a decent coach this team is easily 6-3.

25. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

while cutler isnt fully to blame he still is downright awful...i feel for chicago, they had to endure this for years...while matt moore isnt great either id still rather watch matt play the rest of the season...making the fans watch jay cutler is just wrong and a slap in the face.

26. jnozag

jnozag Well-Known Member

27. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

What did you think about that pass interference call on him? I couldn't see **** and the replay they showed was all about how great cam newton is.

28. hoops

hoops exited stage left

I thought it was ticky tack but probably warranted and im ok with it...the catches these guys are making vs him he's in their hip or on their body etc...its not like they running free on x...just looks like needs another year of seasoning and maybe he instead of giving up those catches makes plays on the ball...but again some of that production is coverage played based more than anything else and pff for example doesn't seem to account for that...but that's not new they don't account for anything situational

JakeemThe Dream and Travis34 like this.
  29. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream A True Fan

Gase isn't going anywhere at least anytime soon Lol Doesn't even enter Ross's head. Plus, 5-7 teams would be after his *** after the season. WE HAVE JAY CUTLER!! If that's not a pass, I really don't know what is. We're not 0-9 lol I get being annoyed as hell but this has everything to do with Ryan being out. Does anyone think we'd have the 32nd offense? Has Tannehill every turned the ball over inside our 40 with 3 timeouts before half? Cutler can't run which destroys drives and the defense knows he's no threat nor do I think he wants to be. We were 0-27 on 3rd down and 11plus before last night!!! Seriously?? Tannehill excels at throwing a rope while Cutler throws off his back foot. I was totally blind as well as being a homer when we got Cutler. I was wayyy wrong!! Say Tannehill does add 2 wins..We wouldn't be talking about this subject. Still, I don't see how some don't attribute our overall play directly to Cutler leading the league's worst offense (which hurts a defense that is built on maintaining a lead). With Parker, Landry, and Stills we shouldn't have this much trouble scoring and just simply moving the ball which keeps the D off the field. I know it sounds like an excuse but I was on the Cutler bandwagon. I also can see the multiple and important differences between our Starting Qb and Jay Cutler. Mainly, one guy wants to win and be a leader while the other will happily accept his $10 mil and not give a **** about winning. Other players see this and we seen a bunch of Jay Cutler's on Defense not giving a ****..

30. Hooligan

Hooligan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Gase is DONE with this team. He'll muddle through another two years of mediocrity and excuses but, eventually he'll get canned. He just wasn't ready to be HC. He doesn't command the respect that he thinks he deserves. When Tannehill returns he'll be hobbled by no Ajayi and likely no Landry. Ajayi was a huge part of why we made the play-offs last season and Landry was Tannehill's favorite target. Gase lost the locker room months ago and, throwing the players under the bus only made matters worse. When Tannehill comes back and is seen as Gase's buddy then, he'll lose the locker room too. Ross will eventually see it also.

31. JakeemThe Dream

Denial about what? We lost the 12th best passer before even playing a game. That's a clear disadvantage considering it's the most important position on the field and he was pretty damn good. What's it going to take to give up on Gase? Well, he does have a 4-5 record which in that case the Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Redskins, Giants, Cards, 49ers, Bears, and Bucs should all fire their coach. Bills, Cowboys, Lions, Packers and Falcons have a game better record at 5-4. One game and they should be fired as well if we're going by this season's records as to why Gase should be fired. The difference is you give those teams Jay Cutler and see how they fare. The players are well aware of the overall impact that has and they have finally reached their boiling points (honestly dont blame them). Cutler isn't a threat to run (hurts the RB too), can't complete a deep ball unless it's lucky (scared to even attempt one), and he isn't a true Miami Dolphin (Tannehill actually cares which is huge obviously). Tannehill took beatings year in and year out to finally have a talented team. He even said it after he tore his knee on the training table. Almost everyone was pissed at Gase about the Ajayi move and look at the outcome as of now. We felt Drake who runs hard, is a reliable blocker, a speed demon, can catch the ball, a big play waiting to happen was a better RB for the system. So far, In two games started, Drake is averaging 9.4 ypc. Did Gase make the right move? I think Gase is doing as good as a job possible considering everything that's went on (on and off the field). I guess I'm in denial because I do give Gase a pass due to losing Tannehill, leading Int Lippett, and our starting MLB. I could maybe understand if we were 1-8 but 4-5 should never get a 2nd year coach fired especially one who doesn't have his starting QB. Maybe people just didn't realize what an asset Tannehill really is. On Cutler's moronic int, he had Stills streaking down the middle of the field with only a safety to beat yet throws to the best MLB in the NFL right before half. That's fully on Cutler and a game changing play. The players won't turn on him lol I bet next year at this time everyone will be on the Gase bandwagon again. Keep the faith and remember these aren't the "real" Dolphins. I think next year many will not only look at Tannehill's value differently but also remember how horrid the offense was with Jay Cutler. 7 games and we no longer have to deal with his abysmal play again!!! PHINS UP Brother!!!

Travis34 and WCUPUNK like this.
  32. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Gase really reminds me of Josh McDaniels when he was in Denver. A young hothead egomaniac coach who thought he had all the answers and began trading away players that he couldn’t get along with. He was fired after two years because his team quit on him. Same thing will happen to overrated Gase.

Spiff, elite14eva and Ryan1973 like this.
  33. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Drake sucks.

34. WCUPUNK

WCUPUNK Active Member

exactly, look at what happened to the Packers after Rodgers broke his collarbone. they don't even look like same team with Hundley at QB. if you lose your starting QB your season is done, regardless of who you are...that is just the way it is in the NFL in 2017.

35. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler

But the Packers haven't been blown out like the Dolphins have this year. There is no excuse in getting blown out the way the Dolphins have in the Panthers and Ravens games. That's the biggest difference.

Spiff and Avigatorx like this.
  36. JakeemThe Dream

We weren't mediocre last year lol What excuses? His players don't study their playbooks? Are we really taking the players side on that one? Looks like he made the right choice with Drake over Ajayi so far anyways..16 carries 151 yds with 9.4 ypc. Why would he lose the locker room if he and Tannehill are buddy's? A lot of head coaches are friends with their QBs. It's actually rather healthy than the other way around. We're 4-5 lol Did anyone truly think we wouldn't be a worse team without the 12th best passer? You're assuming we won't have Landry but at the very least we can franchise him although I think a deal gets done. I get it. There's a lot of pissed off people including myself. After last night, I just laughed for me thinking Cutler was even in the same ballpark as Ryan. We don't see all of the open receivers Cutler continues to miss, or the fact he is too scared to risk his body to get the first down. Gase is doing the best with what he has. He gave every Moore fan what they wanted and 40-0 later, he looks right. If we got rid of Gase, there would be 5-7 teams lined up to get a shot. Is it Gase's fault we are 1-30 or something insane on 3rd downs and 11+yds? When we went to the playoffs last year, it was all Ajayi and Landry but nothing to do with Gase? But when we are 4-5 without our QB, it's the Head Coaches fault? At least reward him for winning if you're going to put him down for not winning. And we're still only a game out of the playoffs lol Keep the faith brother!! PHINS UP!!

37. JakeemThe Dream

Yup!! It's the prime position especially in today's game. The sad part is at least Hundley will risk his body for a first down and has some will to win. Cutler just goes through his steps and if he throws a pick..Oh well, I made $10 mil lol We don't look like the same team at all. Does anyone actually believe we would have even close to the league's worst offense with Tannehill? I'm glad you're willing to accept what happened and as annoyed as you and I are, we know this isn't who we really are. We'll be fine brother..7 games and we can pretend that Jay Cutler never wore a Fins Uni. Cannot Wait!!! PHINS UP!!

WCUPUNK likes this.
  38. HeyHoLet'sGo

HeyHoLet'sGo Member

I fear you're right and I wish the Dolphins would get a new proven/experienced GM and hand him the keys to the kingdom to remake the Dolphins as he sees fit.

Scouts, coaches, players, everything.

39. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

I honestly am impressed with the optimism and patience but I’ve seen this show before. No I’m not talking about Philbin or soprano, though there are distinct similarities. I’m talking about Gase himself. The 10-6 is a mirage, so is the 4-5. You can’t make a living with slow starts and a predictable scheme/game plan. You need every bounce and a cupcake schedule only to be bounced from the playoffs by the real deal. No team can have continued success with Gase’s victory pattern, Keep games close and win them in the end. League wide statistics prove that one score victory margins are an unsustainable trend. Furthermore with the conservative dink and dunk offense, we have absolutely zero chance of consistently getting ahead of our opponent. Again we’d need every bounce and near perfect execution.

Next we have cutler and you’re right, no other team would have success with him either. However that’s just it, only one team, or more likely only one guy wanted him: Adam Gase. Gase is the reason Cutler is here. (This proves that Gase has some say on personnel moves so it’s not all on Tannenbaum, who needs to go too.)
    Gase is the reason the team may or may not be fractured by a outside merc with a sad past being brought in to lead the team. This is possibly a big reason that the players are quitting. Can I prove it??? Well Go watch yesterday’s game tape and see for yourself. Or wait until next week or the following weeks if you really need further proof? So I ask again, what will it take??? More shutouts?? A 4-12 record? More blowouts? Another season of sub-mediocre offense and excuses? All are likely with the disaster Gase has made with this team.

40. phinfan40353

phinfan40353 Scout Team

I disagree for one reason: he went and hand selected his successor with whom he had previously elevated to the highest point in said player's career.

Cutler is not a typical replacement QB. This guy was one of the biggest reason's Gase was revered. And now, he doesn't allow this guy use his best weapon (big arm)? In fact, he neuters him?

Sorry, I'm a huge RT fan and have defended him as such. And I believe he is a great QB.

But allowing Gase to use Cutler as an excuse for failure AND as the reason he was great all in the same sentence isn't cutting it with me.

Had he kept Moore as his starter and brought in a backup QB I would have given him a mulligan.

Pursuing and getting Cutler as a starter stripped him of any excuses. You don't pay $10M to a replacement QB to lose.

Furthermore, paying Cutler was a $20M decision. $10M spent this year and $10M cap savings deducted from next year. That's a $20M (net) decision.