Gase is done | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is done

Simply put you here delusional if you think Adam Gase is done. You have no perspective of reality. The man lost his starting QB from before day 1. This season was one to salvage from that point on. 4-5 sucks but its not 0-9. Thats impotence. Thats Cam Cameron stuff. Wake up and be realistic.

I'm not saying Gase is done. Ross will ride with him another year or two. What I'm saying is Gase isn't the answer. And that's clear as day. But, like Sparano and Philbin before him, there will be some who refuse to see it and denounce all those who point out he doesn't have what it takes as simply being negative.

I've been posting/lurking on this site since 2007 or so, I've seen this film before, I'm tired of it.

I'm not saying Gase is done. Ross will ride with him another year or two. What I'm saying is Gase isn't the answer. And that's clear as day. But, like Sparano and Philbin before him, there will be some who refuse to see it and denounce all those who point out he doesn't have what it takes as simply being negative.

I've been posting/lurking on this site since 2007 or so, I've seen this film before, I'm tired of it.

The fundamental problem with your assessment is two fold. One. You have no supernatural abilities to tell the future. And two you assume Adam Gase, Joe Philbin, and Tony Sporano are all the same man physically.

There are no special credits earned because you’ve lurked since 2007. Get out of your depression and go do some research. Great coaches aren’t instant mix. They learn to become great coaches. You can start with the guy on the opposite side of the field tonight if you’d like.

But if you prefer to throw in the towel by all means go ahead. Return to lurking. Can Adam Gase become a great coach? Sure. He’s shown more pros then cons to this point. But he has a way to go.

Where are all the posters who ridiculed my suggestion of Mike Shula for HC???

Worthless OT's,backup center,inexperienced and bad WR's dropping passes left and right, a QB throwing really inaccurate passes....and they kicked our vaunted defense's ass.

Why? Because the offensive scheme and play calling were elite. Ya, that Mike Shula.

Where are all the posters who ridiculed my suggestion of Mike Shula for HC???

Worthless OT's,backup center,inexperienced and bad WR's dropping passes left and right, a QB throwing really inaccurate passes....and they kicked our vaunted defense's ***.

Why? Because the offensive scheme and play calling were elite. Ya, that Mike Shula.

Isn’t Carolinas offense ranked bottom 5?

The coach if he team that whooped us tonight had some bad first years with better talent at important positions. He’s worked out fine.

People expect coaches to cure everything that grown men do on a football field. That’s not how it works in professional sports.

the guy is without his starting qb, he will get another year
You are correct......and we will have the same conversation next year again! Just watch! And I am sympathetic for the coach. He has a lot going against him this year. It was a wipeout from the get-go this year. It's just a bad franchise. No where near enough talent for Gase to save his job over the long haul. He will ultimately pay with his job, but his roster needs upgrades all over.

If cutler was already on the roster before Tannehill went down then I’d say Gase gets a pass because i don’t expect anyone to win with cutler after their starter goes down. But Gase went out and brought in this bum. He deserves some flack for that. Since he thinks he can win with such crap at QB.

This year we've had two types of games, 1) games where we get utterly blown out, or 2) close games. We are 0-4 in games in which we get blown out (go figure). We have not had any games where we blew anyone else out. And we're 1-4 in close games, with our record being 4-0 in close games with Jay Ajayi, and 0-1 in close games without Jay Ajayi. That's just who we are.

Losing isn't surprising, because Carolina is good, they're strong at home, and we've played them before when we were stronger and we did poorly. Nobody expected us to win this one. When we lose, I'm in the minority, but I don't really care much about the score, I just don't want to squander winnable games. I'm more interested in how the OL did?

The lack of energy on both sides of the ball tonight was the most disappointing aspect of the loss. This is definitely a hard Miami team to watch and one that just makes too many key mistakes.

Versus Oakland it was the Drake fumble after a perfectly executed onside kick that turned the tide towards the Raiders. Today it was Cutler's interception that changed the momentum late in the first half.

I'm disappointed in every aspect of the team. Will the team play hard the rest of the way? I guess that's what we'll have to watch for. I do think Gase has overachieved, for the most part, with this team. But the roof is falling off. Nothing is looking good right now for the Dolphins.

Honestly, you could bring in Belichick to manage this roster and he'd be toast. I feel somewhat for Adam because he's tied to the roster and I don't trust anyone in the building currently to get it right. Now tell me why I'm overreacting? Is it because Ryan Tannehill is coming back next year and all will be OK? You better not think that's a slam dunk because it's far from it. I'd have some hesitation even if RT came back next year never having had the injury. I sure don't see him as the cure-all for things.

No easy fixes for this team, folks!

I'm more interested in how the OL did?

They were not great. Run blocking was marginal. But considering the quality of competition and the fact that Cutler can't throw deep and everyone knows it, I thought they acquitted themselves very well tonight. I actually look forward to seeing how Davis and Larsen play out the season.

Back
Top Bottom